Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    There are also rumours about him joining TOYOTA in WEC
    Newey leaving Red Bull in any way, shape or form is good news for Ferrari, so I'll take that.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

More on the investigation into Sulayem -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68478049
    Mohammed Ben Sulayem, president of Formula 1's governing body, allegedly told officials not to certify the Las Vegas circuit for its race last year.
    Forza Ferrari

Horner went on the attack with the risk of losing Verstappen. The power struggle becomes very tough. Marko investigated, tomorrow he has an important meeting with Mintzlaff, who is in Jeddah, and someone is already talking about resignation.

@Formula1

Gazzetta reports:

"According to increasingly insistent and concordant rumours, Ferrari has intensified its contacts above all with some members of the technical department of Red Bull.
    More specifically, it would be engineers who work closely with Pierre Wachè."

Off late whatever Gazzetta is reporting regarding Ferrari became true (ex. Sainz leaving, Hamilton entry, SF-24 +30 pts load etc)

There is an agreement between Mercedes and James Vowles in the event that Verstappen should join Mercedes.

Kimi Antonelli would then drive for Williams for the time being.

Mercedes is doing everything it can to be prepared should the opportunity arise.

Very precarious situation at Red Bull.

Helmut Marko looks to be on the verge of leaving...

Verstappen has told @skysportformel1 that Marko's departure would be a "very big problem."

Dr Death marko leaves verstappen leaves Verstappen snr is aligned with marko and no doubt would go to mercedes as the magnificent 3.This would be catastrophic for redbull.Newey will go to ferrari and work on a car to make his fellow Brit lewis the GOAT of all time.

Ferrari's future driver is there already "GOAT " 8 would be great ! I wish Sainz the best for his future. It's strange how where ever he goes he always gets to be called the #2 driver.

It is believed that Helmut Marko leaked the WhatsApp chats of Christian Horner and the female employee of rival Red Bull.

Marko’s suspension is on the cards, and could happen within days.

Max Verstappen has a clause in his contract linked to Marko’s presence in the team.

@Fomula1

Sainz would fit right in that seat if Max goes to Merc. And finally be the #1 driver. I remember Seb doing 4WDCs there.

Well John Elkan just get out from RBR paddock with a smile...
    Look like a dream team is coming

So there's some chance Red Bull could have a total leadership meltdown this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So there's some chance Red Bull could have a total leadership meltdown this season.
    it's been a long time coming. They appear to be the only team immune to drama. Maybe they're really not in good shape for the new engine rules. If giving them a few seasons of dominance to have them also dwindle into F1 obscurity for good, is a fair trade.

Ferrari:
    @Gazzetta_it
    reports the three targets at RB that Vasseur would like to recruit.

- David Morgan (responsible for aerodynamic development).
    - Ben Waterhouse (performance manager)
    - Alessandro Germani (current team leader of aerodynamic development)

Where there is smoke there will be fire.Elkon does not miss when he wants something he usually gets it with the backing of course from the Agnelli family.Red bull are on course for internal implosion this Horner sexual texting plus war with verstappen Snr plus at odds with Dr Death marko and Max torn in the middle makes for one great Netflix series Drive to survive.The fact is this is not going to go away until something large gives.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Where there is smoke there will be fire.Elkon does not miss when he wants something he usually gets it with the backing of course from the Agnelli family.Red bull are on course for internal implosion this Horner sexual texting plus war with verstappen Snr plus at odds with Dr Death marko and Max torn in the middle makes for one great Netflix series Drive to survive.The fact is this is not going to go away until something large gives.
    Most likely, if Horner leaves - watch Verstappen Sr. or someone who'd be a puppet will take the helm.

Apart from the above, is there anyone who can give us updates on the RBR situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Most likely, if Horner leaves - watch Verstappen Sr. or someone who'd be a puppet will take the helm.

Apart from the above, is there anyone who can give us updates on the RBR situation?
    As far as I understand, Horner has RB support, Verstappen Senior hates Horner, Max was playing bluff and was thinking RB would rather want him than Horner, now RB says, we will not force Verstappen to stay if he wants to leave. Sort of backfired on Max. I have no clue where the old farts Marko and Newey stand in this whole scheme of things

Toto Wolff says that Mercedes’ W15 simulations don’t match what they find on track:

“We have a big problem. Our sensors and simulations say that in a certain speed range we should have a certain amount of aerodynamic load but in reality we don't.”

Here come faster than Ferrari in the race
    W15 is the child of SF-23

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Toto Wolff says that Mercedes’ W15 simulations don’t match what they find on track:

“We have a big problem. Our sensors and simulations say that in a certain speed range we should have a certain amount of aerodynamic load but in reality we don't.”

surprise, surprise.....reminds me of the OLD days when Ferrari has HUGE correlation issues between wind tunnel/CFD and track

now it's merc taht have those issues....

Massa strike !

Oliver Bearman is on standby for Oz pending Sainz's condition.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post

Glad to see this is happening to someone other than Ferrari
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    While Mercedes is truly the new "clown" team since 2022 , but a lot of people out there is still laughing at Ferrari the 2nd best team currently lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    While Mercedes is truly the new "clown" team since 2022 , but a lot of people out there is still laughing at Ferrari the 2nd best team currently lol

Wow - La Gazetta are reporting that a whole bunch of senior Red Bull people could be on their way to Maranello soon....

If it comes true, as was the case in 2013, Lewis could have once again pulled off a masterful team swap!

- Karun Chandhok Twitter Handle

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Wow - La Gazetta are reporting that a whole bunch of senior Red Bull people could be on their way to Maranello soon....

If it comes true, as was the case in 2013, Lewis could have once again pulled off a masterful team swap!

- Karun Chandhok Twitter Handle

At first, I did not like the Hamilton move to Ferrari but if the result of it is getting some top notch engineers at Maranello, well it might be a masterful chess move on the F1 board from Elkahn.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    At first, I did not like the Hamilton move to Ferrari but if the result of it is getting some top notch engineers at Maranello, well it might be a masterful chess move on the F1 board from Elkahn.
    As I've said before, this whole Lewis thing was not to give Lewis a WDC but for a number of things.
    Maybe now (and more in time) people will start see what this really is about.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As I've said before, this whole Lewis thing was not to give Lewis a WDC but for a number of things.
    Maybe now (and more in time) people will start see what this really is about.

Enlighten us. I'd like to know why we're hiring a 40 year old... who may or may not still have it, although I think he's still pretty good in race situations......if not for for his racecraft, then for?
    If it's to attract talent, I don't really think he's going to make a huge amount of difference. Ferrari winning would attract talent on its own. Seems people are starting to realize that Ferrari has righted the ship and is getting serious about winning again. There is a good vibe around the team at the moment. Maybe having Hamilton helps, but.im not sure.

@Silent Bob,

Simple really:
    Like it or not it's all about the brand (he is a brand, like it or not, personally I don't but I am a realist). Also it's about disruption and you should be witnessing the effects as we speak, just look what is going on this year at Mercedes.
    And this is just second race. Just wait as the year progresses. If there is any truth in what is said and we get people from Mercedes , sorry but I am going to be very happy. If (by any chance) we do get anyone from RBR, the better.
    We can do with getting people from the rivals, exactly as we lost people back in 2007-2008 and so on and we were weakened.
    I will repeat myself, this is NOT about giving lewis primary role (surely you don't believe Brembo? :P) , the money Ferrari invested is all about strengthening the team in numbers and disrupting the opposition and build in the future.
    Lewis will be gone at 3 years top. Charles will be there for the long run and the real question is who is next after Lewis?
    After last race, I would not mind Bearman.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    @Silent Bob,

Simple really:
    Like it or not it's all about the brand (he is a brand, like it or not, personally I don't but I am a realist). Also it's about disruption and you should be witnessing the effects as we speak, just look what is going on this year at Mercedes.
    And this is just second race. Just wait as the year progresses. If there is any truth in what is said and we get people from Mercedes , sorry but I am going to be very happy. If (by any chance) we do get anyone from RBR, the better.
    We can do with getting people from the rivals, exactly as we lost people back in 2007-2008 and so on and we were weakened.
    I will repeat myself, this is NOT about giving lewis primary role (surely you don't believe Brembo? :P) , the money Ferrari invested is all about strengthening the team in numbers and disrupting the opposition and build in the future.
    Lewis will be gone at 3 years top. Charles will be there for the long run and the real question is who is next after Lewis?
    After last race, I would not mind Bearman.
    couldn't agree more

I don't think Lewis is going to beat Charles either