Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

�� Initial analyzes by Ferrari and Brembo have ruled out a problem with the braking system reports
    @formu1a__uno

- Further investigations are still underway to understand the nature of the problem. Ferrari has worked hard in recent days and we do not expect to encounter the same problems in Jeddah to extract the full potential of the SF-24.

- Ferrari and Brembo released a press release: "this is a new situation that occurred during the race and which was not encountered either during tests or during free practice before the start of the championship. The analyzes carried out after the Bahrain GP have not highlighted any particular anomalies on the components of the braking system. Ferrari and Brembo are working together to completely clarify the technical framework; In the meantime, Brembo will support the team as always, agreeing solutions for to remedy the problem encountered during the race in Bahrain."
    Look like a dream team is coming

A podium finish for the start of 2024 is not enough for Carlos to be #1@ Ferrari . He needs to win a few like Charles!

https://formu1a.uno/analisi-gp-jedda...a-per-il-2025/

They need to trust the SF24 more and forget about the ghost of last year's car. Also, they need to listen to the drivers more. Charles wanted to try the low drag RW but the engineers didn't wanna listen!

Which explains why Fred said after the race that they need to show more courage.

There is already an "EVO version" of the SF-24 in the tunnel, more advanced in the concepts present in version 1.0. Some minor improvements are expected for April while the new package will arrive in May towards Imola.

Trust in Cardile

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    There is already an "EVO version" of the SF-24 in the tunnel, more advanced in the concepts present in version 1.0. Some minor improvements are expected for April while the new package will arrive in May towards Imola.

Trust in Cardile
    Red Bull isn't going to sit still though.

so this upgrade needs to net us .2 - .5 tenths? somewhere in that ballpark

it's not impossible, could definitely make some races interesting for this year.

Really, let's just make some races interesting this year, and keep Red Bull honest enough so they can't abandon ship and move onto next year's car.

For that, we need to catch some luck for a change.

but on the other hand i still don't think we're even maximizing what we already have.

We need to stop caring bout what others do. We need to focus on what WE do.
    Sure, RBR will do what they do and quite frankly GOOD for them.
    Should we really bother? No. Should we bother with what Mercedes do? Really?
    Or maybe we should focus in working our way into making THE one car that works better than the rest?

Does anyone believe that if we keep looking at what the rest do and less on what we do, that will ever happen?

Food for thought.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Our teenage driver took that Ferrari for A RIDE !! Wow ! The car worked great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We need to stop caring bout what others do. We need to focus on what WE do.
    Sure, RBR will do what they do and quite frankly GOOD for them.
    Should we really bother? No. Should we bother with what Mercedes do? Really?
    Or maybe we should focus in working our way into making THE one car that works better than the rest?

Does anyone believe that if we keep looking at what the rest do and less on what we do, that will ever happen?

Food for thought.
    I think when you are chasing someone, you have to kind of keep an eye on what they are doing. Is it going to affect our development? Hard to say, probably not because developments are probably already set, but if RB suddenly comes out with an update that gives them 5 tenths, I think we would need to acknowledge that and maybe accelerate our updates if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think when you are chasing someone, you have to kind of keep an eye on what they are doing. Is it going to affect our development? Hard to say, probably not because developments are probably already set, but if RB suddenly comes out with an update that gives them 5 tenths, I think we would need to acknowledge that and maybe accelerate our updates if possible.
    Actually what you need to do, is focus on what YOU do first and foremost. If you focus on what the competition is doing and not what you do (kinda the thing merc is doing for the past 3 years), the end result is falling into chaos (again, check what happens with Merc).

If you do what you do the right way, if you improve your procedures , if you strive on a daily basic to be perfect, at the end of the day, does it really matter what the others do?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

No matter how good Carlos does this season he's out @ Ferrari his dream team. No matter how bad a season Charles may have esp comparing to Carlos he's secure with Ferrari . Strange happenings.

Actually what you need to do, is focus on what YOU do first and foremost. If you focus on what the competition is doing and not what you do (kinda the thing merc is doing for the past 3 years), the end result is falling into chaos (again, check what happens with Merc).

If you do what you do the right way, if you improve your procedures , if you strive on a daily basic to be perfect, at the end of the day, does it really matter what the others do?
    Of course it does, especially if they are doing something that makes them better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Of course it does, especially if they are doing something that makes them better than us.
    As I said...

At the end of the day, if you do everything right, down to perfection, you will be better than the competition. If , on the other hand , focus on how the others do things, you end up trying to copy them, instead of trying to find where you're doing things wrong and improve.

So , again, I digress.

As I said...

At the end of the day, if you do everything right, down to perfection, you will be better than the competition. If , on the other hand , focus on how the others do things, you end up trying to copy them, instead of trying to find where you're doing things wrong and improve.

So , again, I digress.
    I agree with you, Ferrari was criticized this year for making a "2023 car" in 2024... look at us now. We didn't copy, we improved what we had, and seemingly kept a lot of good qualities from the previous cars.

Didn't Ferrari themselves call this year's car "Brave" ( that may have been last year ).

As a shareholder, and as a fan, I like what they're doing there right now with Fred.

As I said...

So , again, I digress.

Sure. If we are perfect then we wouldn't be beaten.
    Even Newey walks around with his notebook checking out Competitors cars.
    Ideas are everywhere. You have to take notice of your competitors. Even if you are the team to beat, you still need to notice your competitors.

Looks like Ferrari is set for a few minor updates in the up coming races and then a major update at Imola.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...on-success-sj4

Might be looking at changing their inlets. Let's see.

Ferrari: according to information collected by
    @FUnoAT , engineers will test a particular suspension setting in Melbourne in order to optimize the car's performance.

@FUnoAT , engineers will test a particular suspension setting in Melbourne in order to optimize the car's performance.
    that follows with the speculation some of us have here that there's some performance on the table, sacrifice a bit more tyre wear, for faster heating and performance

Meaning running even lower ride height than Bahrain and Saudi? If they are finally got the hang of porpoising, then I don't see why they shouldn't be more ambitious with the ride height.

But it's all speculation though, so let's wait and see!

Thought Melbourne is pretty bumpy, wouldn't they need to raise the ride height here?

@FUnoAT : This weekend SF-24 run with more unloaded main plane , downforce optimized by the beam-wing . This is the same rear wing as Bahrain and Jeddah , there is also a second specification which we will see later .

GJMrQEnXsAAcAZX.jpg New small aerodynamic flap

GJMrQEnXsAAcAZX.jpg New small aerodynamic flap
    That has to be the tiniest upgrade in F1's history

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    That has to be the tiniest upgrade in F1's history
    it's not the size that matters, it's the motion of the ocean....LOL

We are bringing Imola upgrades to Japan? Or the bigger part of if....

This era of regulation has failed : It took Verstappen 5 laps to past Norris at Jeddah and Piastry can't even overtake Hamilton with new tyre . Last race Charles only overtake Norris with an undercut so i'm afraid that this year's car produce so much dirty air . My concern now is if we don't have a good Q3 then we can't pass McLaren as they're only slower than us 0.1 sec last race .

Regulations are fine.

SF-24 will have a modified floor in Suzuka , this is not the EVO version that will arrive in Imola but as a way to push the development faster . Vasseur has been pushing Cardile team to go very aggressive this year so far
    Last edited by Aviamata; 26th March 2024 at 12:26.

When was the last time we won a race at Suzuka? Or Spain? In the meantime, we have won Australian GP 4 times in last 8 years.

If the SF24 is in contention for the win or challenges for the win at Suzuka, then we can safely say that we have a great car at our disposal. Australia is winnable with an average car, but not Suzuka.

2004 for Suzuka IIRC
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    When was the last time we won a race at Suzuka? Or Spain? In the meantime, we have won Australian GP 4 times in last 8 years.

If the SF24 is in contention for the win or challenges for the win at Suzuka, then we can safely say that we have a great car at our disposal. Australia is winnable with an average car, but not Suzuka.
    Last time we had an 1-2 in Aus, was 20 years ago.
    I believe this was not just "winnable with an average car" but a sign that we have a really good package.
    However we need to keep pushing with upgrades that work and I want to see the new floor or version of it anyways to work. If it does, I will be very happy ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2004 for Suzuka IIRC
    Exactly. I understand keeping our feet on the ground however there is no need downplaying a great result ;)