Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

In 2022, Max finished 7th at Singapore and went to Suzuka and finished 27 seconds ahead.

In 2023, Max finished 5th at Singapore and then went Suzuka and finished 19 seconds ahead.

In 2024, Max DNF'd at Australia then went to Suzuka and.....(to be continued).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Last time we had an 1-2 in Aus, was 20 years ago.
    I believe this was not just "winnable with an average car" but a sign that we have a really good package.
    However we need to keep pushing with upgrades that work and I want to see the new floor or version of it anyways to work. If it does, I will be very happy ;)
    I'm not downplaying our 1-2 at Australia, I'm simply saying that Suzuka will be the litmus test for SF24. Suzuka is my favourite track and it is the quintessential F1 track in the calendar, it has everything, fast-slow-medium corners and long straights with elevation changes.

I really want the SF24 to do well there. And if the SF24 proves to be a genuine contender for the win at Suzuka, then I'd be very happy. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that whatever updates Ferrari is bringing for Suzuka would deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    In 2022, Max finished 7th at Singapore and went to Suzuka and finished 27 seconds ahead.

In 2023, Max finished 5th at Singapore and then went Suzuka and finished 19 seconds ahead.

..... finds out the SF24 is better than the SF23 and post TD39 F175. Maybe finishes only 4 sec ahead.
    Maybe behind. We'll see.
    Still think RB will be team to beat but I think the Ferrari will put on a pretty good show.
    I think the McLarens will be pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    ..... finds out the SF24 is better than the SF23 and post TD39 F175. Maybe finishes only 4 sec ahead.
    Maybe behind. We'll see.
    Still think RB will be team to beat but I think the Ferrari will put on a pretty good show.
    I think the McLarens will be pretty good too.
    Same here.

Same here.
    Bemboka brakes have stated that Max's failure was due to the car set up.The materials etc of the brake pad are safe and sound with no design fault found. Moving foward Iam wo ndering if this is of concern for the red bull with setting up the car for racing with the ride height of the redbull requiring lifting.The current sSet up places far to much weight on the pads which in fact caused the failure.watch this space red bull have not commented yet to the findings and are undertaking there own investigations. Sounds like trouble to me.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Bemboka brakes have stated that Max's failure was due to the car set up.The materials etc of the brake pad are safe and sound with no design fault found. Moving foward Iam wo ndering if this is of concern for the red bull with setting up the car for racing with the ride height of the redbull requiring lifting.The current sSet up places far to much weight on the pads which in fact caused the failure.watch this space red bull have not commented yet to the findings and are undertaking there own investigations. Sounds like trouble to me.
    It was a hydraulic component that rendered the rear right brake system to fail.

Finds out that the era that he had zero pressure is now over. Time to go racing.
    The real question is, will it be Carlos or Charles who gets P1 this time? I believe it 'll be Charles.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Finds out that the era that he had zero pressure is now over. Time to go racing.
    The real question is, will it be Carlos or Charles who gets P1 this time? I believe it 'll be Charles.
    Fingers crossed.

New floor for Ferrari coming to Suzuka.

New floor for Ferrari coming to Suzuka.
    I don’t think Suzuka is the right track to bring those upgrade.
    Temp will be cooler + wet track is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Well, I would try it out. Maybe 1 driver has it and the other driver doesn't to extrapolate data OR both of them have it. Run the new floor during FP1, 2, & 3 and see what comes out of it.

Vasseur instills a new philosophy to the team to try push to the limit.
    I like that.
    Let's see how this goes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    are you looking at the weather this far out?

it's a different season of the year than usual for Suzuka, it would be a kick in the head if they moved it to avoid rain, and still got rain

New floor for RB20 this weekend

Battle of the floors.

SF-24 will have a strictly aerodynamic modification of the rear suspension available at Suzuka. A purely aerodynamic modification which will serve to differently manage the flow between the inside of the wheel and the bodywork, in a very important area.
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    SF-24 will have a strictly aerodynamic modification of the rear suspension available at Suzuka. A purely aerodynamic modification which will serve to differently manage the flow between the inside of the wheel and the bodywork, in a very important area.
    "fairing of the upper triangle" is what the area is according to formulauno.

No new floor for Ferrari at Suzuka is what I read.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    No new floor for Ferrari at Suzuka is what I read.
    we gotta, we have to be aggressive

We shall know soon.

We shall know soon.
    This weekend will be a real test for ferrari to see how much much of the gap to redbull has closed up,and in addition see if ferrari can be fast in the high speed corners.Ferrari are looking to be less than 2tenths of redbulls pace.If ferrari have achieved this then definitely its going to be a very hot and closely contested season.As always expect the unexpected.Hoping for a great result .

According to @FUnoAT , SF-24 EVO should have 10% more load and 15% more efficiency compare to current SF-24

Edit : 15% more efficiency
    Last edited by Aviamata; 11th April 2024 at 14:09.

According to @FUnoAT , SF-24 EVO should have 10% more load and 150% more efficiency compare to current SF-24
    150 percent!? Or is it 15%?

Whatever the number is, the improvement is quite significant. Hope the numbers from the wind tunnel and CFD will also correlate with real world data.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Whatever the number is, the improvement is quite significant. Hope the numbers from the wind tunnel and CFD will also correlate with real world data.
    Oh yes 15% , my mistake

According to Rosario Giuliana from the same newspaper , 0.25 sec is found in the simulation with this upgrade

According to @FUnoAT , SF-24 EVO should have 10% more load and 15% more efficiency compare to current SF-24

Edit : 15% more efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Oh yes 15% , my mistake
    It's 1 tenth the load and 1 and a half tenth the efficiency according to Cardile.

waiting 1/3 of the season for a major update that brings .25 sec seems like a bit of a let down. Yes I know that half second performance upgrades are rare and most upgrades are small increments, but this is supposed to be a "major" change to the car....'according to rumors'.

Hoping that with the update, we should be able to be more aggressive with the tires over a stint and maybe get a bit more than just the .25sec, something like what McLaren got with their big update last year. That would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    waiting 1/3 of the season for a major update that brings .25 sec seems like a bit of a let down. Yes I know that half second performance upgrades are rare and most upgrades are small increments, but this is supposed to be a "major" change to the car....'according to rumors'.

Hoping that with the update, we should be able to be more aggressive with the tires over a stint and maybe get a bit more than just the .25sec, something like what McLaren got with their big update last year. That would be really nice.
    We have 3 major upgrade so let's hope it's should cover 0.8 second at the last phase of the championship

We have 3 major upgrade so let's hope it's should cover 0.8 second at the last phase of the championship
    And those are simulation numbers, if the upgrades are working as intended, then the real world improvement will be a lot bigger. Reducing drag could easily enable the SF24 to gain more speed on the straights, going from 310 to 318 without DRS, a mere 8km/h improvement would be quite huge. And I'm even not talking about the increase in downforce.

In 2019 Ferrari brought some upgrades in Singapore that were "only" worth 0.2 seconds/lap improvement, but the actual improvements were incremental. It turned Singapore from being the worst track for SF90 to the best one.

Problem is... no one is standing still so we really need to bring updates that work and bring meaningfully increase in performance.