Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Polite request to the forum moderators and/or forum creator...

Blocking certain members isn't enough if members can still read their delusional trolling comments when they are quoted by other members. Either ban the member for their incessant and persistent trolling or figure out a way to block their comments when quoted by others. It is unbearable. Thank you
    Strict enforcement of the topics could partly solve some problems
    SF-24 could only contain messages related to the car
    Considerations related to drivers should not be here
    I don't know if this would be enough to finally allow a healthy space for exchange, but it could already be a progress
    Last edited by Gilles; 21st January 2024 at 09:57.

Blocking certain members isn't enough if members can still read their delusional trolling comments when they are quoted by other members. Either ban the member for their incessant and persistent trolling or figure out a way to block their comments when quoted by others. It is unbearable. Thank you

Supported. I always found this odd.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I doubt that Ferrari will let their winning driver go anywhere any time soon. Having two top drivers is for sure the way t WCC ! And .... possibly a WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I doubt that Ferrari will let their winning driver go anywhere any time soon. Having two top drivers is for sure the way t WCC ! And …. possibly a WDC!
    Depends what is more important. The WDC or the WCC? Having two team mates fighting eachother for points in a season with multiple teams contending for wins, is not the way to win a WDC. It is the way to lose one though. 2007 comes to mind for McLaren.

It makes no difference anyway. I've been saying we need to back Charles as out lead driver for a long time. The good news is, it looks like this is exactly what Fred is going to be doing. All the signs are there.

Can't wait to be rid of the entire Sainz clan from our team.

Depends on whats more important to you ? Born in Madrid Spain or Monte Carlo Monaco? Two teammates fighting for WDC and WCC is a terrible way to race according to you! Drivers should give up after their 1st no win and just collect their pay!! I'm glad you are not in charge ! Max. Checo, aaaaand Carlos ! And you can't wait to get rid of our winning driver and throw in his family? BTW Fred said even with Carlos only non R. Bull win , no way he will have a 1, 2 driver set up. Let them race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    You make me LOL
    He is our comic relief ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

+1 from me as well. The guy gets some sick pleasure from trolling, he has no interest in supporting Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It is becoming more likely that Sainz signs with Audi; especially after Sainz Sr. just won the 2024 Dakar Rally with them.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/au...d-seep-into-f1
    Taking into consideration that the car will be built around Leclerc, that the sponsor behind Carlos is no longer with the team and the team has no desire to sign with him a contract more than 1 year, I believe that after 2024, he will be replaced, possibly with Albon.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano Tifoso View Post
    Depends what is more important. The WDC or the WCC? Having two team mates fighting eachother for points in a season with multiple teams contending for wins, is not the way to win a WDC. It is the way to lose one though. 2007 comes to mind for McLaren.

It makes no difference anyway. I've been saying we need to back Charles as out lead driver for a long time. The good news is, it looks like this is exactly what Fred is going to be doing. All the signs are there.

Can't wait to be rid of the entire Sainz clan from our team.
    Adding to that; it's not healthy for neither title contention if one thinks about it.
    Whether people like it or not, when you have Merc and RBR putting their chips behind one driver (merc behind Lewis , RBR behind Max), you cannot be the one that lets your drivers fight one another.
    It's -that- simple.
    Not to add that doing so, you devoid your team of any direction. This is for better or worse a team sport, and you need a leader. It's not a game of altruism.
    It's racing with huge amount of money at stake.

Lewis is by far the better driver than Russell experience and success wise. It's 8 not 7! Checo can't come near Max as far as who's better. F=1 is a team sport, 2 drivers not one. In Ferrari's case two drivers equally as good as each other. That's the big difference as far as R Bull and Merc vs Ferrari driver wise. Imagine Carlos having to move over for Charles and neither driver winning the race ! R Bull would have been the 23 race champion. I see there are Ferrari fans who would rather that then see Carlos win that race. F-1 is in fact a TEAM sport meaning both drivers are out for points and wins together with the rest of the team. Moving over to let him pass is not aTEAM way. That Ferrari 2023 win is a BIG DEAL!

Imagine having someone being so delusional to either believe that Lewis has 8 titles or Carlos is as good as Charles.
    Man.. oh man... lol

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Imagine having someone being so delusional to either believe that Lewis has 8 titles or Carlos is as good as Charles.
    Man.. oh man... lol
    I stand corrected, Masi won that race, Lewis is @7. Carlos was only better than Charles as far as winning races, they are pretty much equal drivers otherwise! Please "Let me Pass!"

Imagine someone believing that Masi was racing back in AD 2021.
    Oh boy quickly to the white padded room. And while at it , lose the key, will you? ;)

So, the presentation of this year's will be a low profile event, according to the Italian media. To me, it's a good decision. The extravaganza of 2020 and last year's live run in Fiorano created way too much hype and expectations.

Keeping a low profile and let the car do all the talk on the racetrack is the way to go, IMO.

Depends on whats more important to you ? Born in Madrid Spain or Monte Carlo Monaco? Two teammates fighting for WDC and WCC is a terrible way to race according to you! Drivers should give up after their 1st no win and just collect their pay!! I'm glad you are not in charge ! Max. Checo, aaaaand Carlos ! And you can't wait to get rid of our winning driver and throw in his family? BTW Fred said even with Carlos only non R. Bull win , no way he will have a 1, 2 driver set up. Let them race.
    The most important thing to me is winning. I know the winning formula as I have my eyes open. Speaking about the only non Red Bull driver to win without context shows a low level of knowledge. If you watched the race you would know why I state that.

In any event, the fact that you can't see that Fred is engineering exactly what I have suggested... that is telling indeed. For me it is clear in June 2023 what we would be engineering within the team.

Charles will be our lead driver in 2024 and beyond. His contract will be a minimum of 3 years with options.

Carlos will be lucky to even have his contract extended by 1 year, let alone be lucky to be number 2 in our team.

The car is being designed around Charles now, as it should have been before.

When you have Red Bull with a clear lead driver, you have no choice but to follow.

Laugh all you like. Even the media is catching onto Charles as being number 1.

Fancy a wager? I will bet you that I am right and that Charles will clearly be seen to be number 1 within the team?

You in?

Adding to that; it's not healthy for neither title contention if one thinks about it.
    Whether people like it or not, when you have Merc and RBR putting their chips behind one driver (merc behind Lewis , RBR behind Max), you cannot be the one that lets your drivers fight one another.
    It's -that- simple.
    Not to add that doing so, you devoid your team of any direction. This is for better or worse a team sport, and you need a leader. It's not a game of altruism.
    It's racing with huge amount of money at stake.
    100% correct and even more so when you have two drivers with different setup preferences. You can't split the car development between two driving styles. This is another reason why we need to drop Carlos and bring in someone like Albon, who also likes a pointy car.

I've been calling for us to get Albon since June. His existing contract with Williams is slightly out of sync to do a clean swap with Carlos unfortunately.

Man.. oh man... lol

Yes, they are among us.

Taking into consideration that the car will be built around Leclerc, that the sponsor behind Carlos is no longer with the team and the team has no desire to sign with him a contract more than 1 year, I believe that after 2024, he will be replaced, possibly with Albon.
    100% correct! The signs were clear in June of 2023 that Carlos was on the way out. Now it's crystal clear. But we have some delusional people in here who simply can't read the tea leaves.

A win is a win! Carlos won one in 2023. Max won 2021 WDC , Lewis lost, more to Masi than Max, but a loss is a loss. I watched the race and Carlos won it! He beat Max! I respect Fred saying over and over, "No Team Orders! " Charles #1 on this forum for sure! On the track come race time remains to be seen. Monaco vs Madrid! Vegas soon will be THE TRACK !!

The most important thing to me is winning. I know the winning formula as I have my eyes open. Speaking about the only non Red Bull driver to win without context shows a low level of knowledge. If you watched the race you would know why I state that.

In any event, the fact that you can't see that Fred is engineering exactly what I have suggested... that is telling indeed. For me it is clear in June 2023 what we would be engineering within the team.

Charles will be our lead driver in 2024 and beyond. His contract will be a minimum of 3 years with options.

Carlos will be lucky to even have his contract extended by 1 year, let alone be lucky to be number 2 in our team.

The car is being designed around Charles now, as it should have been before.

When you have Red Bull with a clear lead driver, you have no choice but to follow.

Laugh all you like. Even the media is catching onto Charles as being number 1.

Fancy a wager? I will bet you that I am right and that Charles will clearly be seen to be number 1 within the team?

You in?
    Don't bother... lol he is lost in his delusions and he only says what he says to get some attention. He probably does not even care, he is a Lewis fan.

100% correct and even more so when you have two drivers with different setup preferences. You can't split the car development between two driving styles. This is another reason why we need to drop Carlos and bring in someone like Albon, who also likes a pointy car.

I've been calling for us to get Albon since June. His existing contract with Williams is slightly out of sync to do a clean swap with Carlos unfortunately.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Do not get me wrong, Carlos is a great guy, a very good driver. HOWEVER, he does not have a team mentality, the whole spanish thing that we had in the team was very bad for it and I am sure we all saw it, and at the end of the day got us nothing at all, and Carlos, as able as he is as a driver, he simply is not THE driver to lead Ferrari.
    There is a reason Ferrari is falling behind Charles.

On the other hand, Albon has matured, he's fast, he's stable, I believe he could be a very able team mate for Charles, should Ferrari sign him , that is.

Watching our driver race each other without team orders is great. The results of their efforts will keep Ferrari ahead of Merc and close to R Bull. Alonso will be great to watch also. Lewis after that stolen #8 will also make the races exciting for us fans!
    Logic dictates that you cannot 'steal' something from someone, if they never had it in the first place.

Logic clearly dictates Right up until the last lap Lewis HAD iT "The Win " in the first place. Ignoring what Masi did is whats illogical !

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Logic dictates that you cannot 'steal' something from someone, if they never had it in the first place.
    Please don't quote an illogical troll , we're so good without having to read his posts for some time now :)
    @Brembo.

In F1 there have been so many incidents during the years when a driver had been in the lead then something happened and lost the race. The examples are countless. That does not mean that said drivers were stolen victories and that same thing goes for the drama queen called Lewis.

On the same note, why don't we remember what a real mess up is ?
    https://jalopnik.com/lewis-hamiltons...ned-1847134589

Finally, this is a Ferrari forum, noone gives a toss bout Mercedes, or Lewis Hamilton. Go to PF1 for that.

Logic clearly dictates Right up until the last lap Lewis HAD iT "The Win " in the first place. Ignoring what Masi did is whats illogical !
    Ah. So finally admitting you are a Hamilton fan wandering around in the wrong forums.......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Ah. So finally admitting you are a Hamilton fan wandering around in the wrong forums.......

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Ever since he felt that Reubens was #injustice'd he doesn't give a crap bout Ferrari.
    This is obvious .

Why he's allowed to troll , is beyond me.

Charles is staying with us for many more years. The contract is signed. Thank you Charles and thank you Ferrari.

Logic dictates that Lewis should have been stripped of all points in Silverstone. But he wasn't. We're not complaining about it. We just move on.

Don't bother... lol he is lost in his delusions and he only says what he says to get some attention. He probably does not even care, he is a Lewis fan.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    Do not get me wrong, Carlos is a great guy, a very good driver. HOWEVER, he does not have a team mentality, the whole spanish thing that we had in the team was very bad for it and I am sure we all saw it, and at the end of the day got us nothing at all, and Carlos, as able as he is as a driver, he simply is not THE driver to lead Ferrari.
    There is a reason Ferrari is falling behind Charles.

On the other hand, Albon has matured, he's fast, he's stable, I believe he could be a very able team mate for Charles, should Ferrari sign him , that is.
    Yep, 100% correct.

It's all going to plan. 2024 will have a few wins for us. Carlos will be destroyed on track by Charles and he will then likely leave in 2025.