Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

The car looks fantastic.

I like the livery and slightly darker shade of red as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Attachment 8224 So this is our hope without changing the suspension concept , more anti-dive effect
    And Ferrari have finally changed the suspension housing since the launch spec F1-75. The rear suspension is now located inside the gearbox. The front suspension has different kinematics. Has more anti dive effect but not as extreme as the AM.

The car looks great. They changed alot of things on this car for the better. From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M25...L&index=1&t=4s

I don't know if the shakedown was done on a full fuel tank but the car looks to have some understeer built into it. Did the wheelbase get shorter this year or the driver is sitting more forward this year?

The way it corners and rotate reminds me of last year Mercedes. Nothing wrong as long as they did not lose the efficiency, straight line speed and get better race tire management.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    The car looks great. They changed alot of things on this car for the better. From this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M25...L&index=1&t=4s

I don't know if the shakedown was done on a full fuel tank but the car looks to have some understeer built into it. Did the wheelbase get shorter this year or the driver is sitting more forward this year?

The way it corners and rotate reminds me of last year Mercedes. Nothing wrong as long as they did not lose the efficiency, straight line speed and get better race tire management.
    Well if this is the case , i think its wrong !! This was one of the main problems last year ,an understeering car that was causing problems ,mostly to Lec, and the drivers couldnt push it to 100% !!!
    Supposedly this car would be more oversteer . Lets see !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well if this is the case , i think its wrong !! This was one of the main problems last year ,an understeering car that was causing problems ,mostly to Lec, and the drivers couldnt push it to 100% !!!
    Supposedly this car would be more oversteer . Lets see !!!
    well we all know Leclerc likes a pointy front end (minimal understeer) and he is OK with a bit more then normal oversteer

we'll see how this car behaves in testing when they'll be pushing it quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    huh, you'd think they want to test both, just to make sure there is NO issues with the other car and only find out in free practice before the race
    Testing chassis will probably not be raced, so would be 2 new cars built for first race.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Looks good, imagine it's more of a show launch car, livery is very "busy". Let's hope she is fast.
    As simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmond View Post
    Out on track for the first time, it looks gorgeous.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...aqTb0oNeg&s=19
    Thank you!
    Really like this car.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Testing chassis will probably not be raced, so would be 2 new cars built for first race.
    oh, ok.....gotcha

Its amazing how deep it is in our DNA to build the most beautiful car on the grid .. again and again and again ...
    Bring it on 2024
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

The more i watch our car and compering it with our competitors ( AMR24 , i saw a kind of clear picture of RB20 on Silverstone and the front of the sidepods- inlets looks epic) looks like it is on theory ,that we had a different concept for 2 years that failed and now we are playing catch up with a design that the others are 3 years ahead !!!!! On the looks this is what it looks like . To tell you the truth , i will be amazed if we end up being like 2nd close behind RB !!! Not being pessimist or whatever ,just i was expecting more !!!!!!εικόνα_2024-02-13_225957887.png
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 13th February 2024 at 20:00.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari was the only car to win a race along with R Bull! Was it the car or Carlos that made it happen? Or both ! Catch up ? We caught up more than any other team and driver !

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The more i watch our car and compering it with our competitors ( AMR24 , i saw a kind of clear picture of RB20 on Silverstone and the front of the sidepods- inlets looks epic) looks like it is on theory ,that we had a different concept for 2 years that failed and now we are playing catch up with a design that the others are 3 years ahead !!!!! On the looks this is what it looks like . To tell you the truth , i will be amazed if we end up being like 2nd close behind RB !!! Not being pessimist or whatever ,just i was expecting more !!!!!!εικόνα_2024-02-13_225957887.png
    Back in 2000’s our cars were looking ‘ordinary’ compared to McLaren’s and Williams’. Even the mighty F2004. The track times showed otherwise, though. The absence of the blundermeister brings more optimism (to me, at least).

Just my observation. The nose and side photos looks like the Alpine? What you guys say

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    The absence of the blundermeister brings more optimism (to me, at least).
    sorry, but whats blundermeister?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

The Ferrari SF-24's rear pull-rod suspension is deemed innovative according to Technical Director Enrico Cardile.
    - Ferrari and Haas will be the only teams in the 2024 F1 season to use pull-rod suspension at the rear.
    - Enrico Cardile, in a press conference, explained that they studied different suspension layouts during development and found a good compromise with the current pull-rod layout. He stated, "During the development, not only of this car, we studied different suspension layouts for our goals, including the push-rod, and we found a good compromise with the current layout."
    - Cardile emphasized that the choice of suspension layout involves compromises between aerodynamic performance, weight, and suspension compliance.
    - Ferrari decided not to switch to a push-rod configuration at the rear, despite its perceived aerodynamic advantages, as they believed the pull-rod design could be optimized further. Cardile said, "We preferred to delve deeper and optimize a solution on which we already have a lot of knowledge (pull rod)."
    - The decision to stick with the pull-rod suspension was based on the team's existing knowledge and expertise with this design. Cardile stated, "We don't intend to change the suspension layout during this season. Then we'll see during development, but so far we're satisfied with this configuration."
    VIA: [formu1a.uno]
    Trust in Cardile !
    Look like a dream team is coming

In theory yes it looks good. The thing is that almost every team do this, the point is in what way you test each solution. The tools, the noledge, this is that matters for the results.
    I mean, yes we tested the push on the back but how we tested it? We found the same gains as Merc- AM for example and our current solution proved even better, or we don't have the tools- skills to make a push rod work better???!! This applies to everything!!!
    We you use to be quite conservative a lot of times, and our excuse was always that we tested the other ways but we preferred the basic (evolved).
    So my question from all those years till today is why are we almost every year one of the most ( if not THE most) conservative teams ??? We are always playing it safe. Yea sometimes it pays, but the result points that the others simply outscore us in imagination , technology, etc.
    We are like we had stuck on the past when we use to win we some simpler methods!!!!

Last year's car took more poles than anyone bar RB and won a race. It could've easily won Vegas if not for the SC benefitting RB massively. I think we be should a bit more fair to the SF23 and stop treating like the 2014 abomination.

Charles is a terrible poker player and very good at judging a car's true potential. He wasn't happy with the SF23 after the shakedown and knew something was wrong.

But his year, he has already alluded the improved balance of the SF24.

Also, push rod rear suspension isn't some holy grail that bestows free lap times. The F1-75 had pull rod rear suspension and it was the best cornering car of 2022 and remained so even after the introduction of TD39.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Last year's car took more poles than anyone bar RB and won a race. It could've easily won Vegas if not for the SC benefitting RB massively. I think we be should a bit more fair to the SF23 and stop treating like the 2014 abomination.

Charles is a terrible poker player and very good at judging a car's true potential. He wasn't happy with the SF23 after the shakedown and knew something was wrong.

But his year, he has already alluded the improved balance of the SF24.

Also, push rod rear suspension isn't some holy grail that bestows free lap times. The F1-75 had pull rod rear suspension and it was the best cornering car of 2022 and remained so even after the introduction of TD39.
    What I'm getting from all the technical talks the rear push rod suspension is not about traction or something, but about freeing up space down below to make the floor better. We'll see. Hopefully we weren't caught napping.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Looks like a modified and more subtle 'bathtub' design has been kept over the sidepods.

I find the livery cluttered. A lot of small sponsor details and a lot of white and yellow breaking up the red and black.

As for the car itself, well, it looks very conventional. Not a lot in terms of uniquely identifying features. It certainly looks underdeveloped compared to the AM. I hope it puts up a title challenge, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What I'm getting from all the technical talks the rear push rod suspension is not about traction or something, but about freeing up space down below to make the floor better. We'll see. Hopefully we weren't caught napping.
    yep, Mercedes and their customers use a push rod rear end. So does RB and VCARB. Mclaren has their own specific rear suspension.

Ferrari, HAAS, and Stake aka Alfa Romeo use a pull rod rear end.

It's about freeing up space for the floor below and where the contact points of the gearbox and engine are at for the rear suspension.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

High quality video from Ferrari filming day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrl...nnel=19Bozzy92

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ferrari SF-24 - Aerodynamics Analysis and Initial Thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruvMtpV58VU

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    sorry, but whats blundermeister?
    Just my own term
    Blunder → careless mistake
    Meister → master

I don't think we will get caught napping!

Last year's car was very good mechanically. Slow speed corners where the SF-23 shined the most so I don't think pull road in the back was any hindrance. And as Cardlie said, it is also a compromise and with push rod front and pull rod back, they have found the sweat spot.

And this is the first time in this current ground effect era, Ferrari have changed the suspension housing. So I'm confident that this car will be as good mechanically as its predecessor.

And looking at the footage from today's filming, the SF-24 looks well-balanced and pretty fast. Ferrari is running the car very low and it is sparking not only on the straights but also in corners, which is a big positive sign.

High quality video from Ferrari filming day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrl...nnel=19Bozzy92
    And compare it with last year's filming day. The difference is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    I find the livery cluttered. A lot of small sponsor details and a lot of white and yellow breaking up the red and black.

As for the car itself, well, it looks very conventional. Not a lot in terms of uniquely identifying features. It certainly looks underdeveloped compared to the AM. I hope it puts up a title challenge, but we'll see.
    This is a nice one https://youtu.be/kDElq8v5Akw?si=KFTho8pyJY1VMDU7

Back to business. :)

SF-24 looks pretty good to me, although it’s very basic car.

Please remember that Ferrari’s biggest problem is race pace & tyre life. They were consistently challenging for pole positions & secured 7 last year. I guess lot of work went on SF-24 to generate good lap times without loosing tyre life. Hopefully we will be close to RB20 & challenge them.

GGUbNmuWMAESfDC.jpg F1-75 fin was tested too !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Look like a dream team is coming