Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

We need to remember that the target should be to have race pace and low degradation, also to figure out how to increase the DRS effect.
    If we succeed in these , we really don't care much about one lap performance so much.
    So this is why I am waiting for the first signs, first in the test season and of course after the at least 3 first GP.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

When asked by media including RacingNews365 to compare his installation laps from 2023 to this year, Leclerc said: “I’m trying to remember.

“I remember that after the first lap last year, or if it wasn't the first lap, it was the first three or four laps, I wasn’t really happy with the behaviour of the car.

“The car was very, very difficult to drive. This year, the car feels healthier and in a better place.”

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We need to remember that the target should be to have race pace and low degradation, also to figure out how to increase the DRS effect.
    If we succeed in these , we really don't care much about one lap performance so much.
    So this is why I am waiting for the first signs, first in the test season and of course after the at least 3 first GP.
    i think to get a proper view of the packing order, we need at least 5-6 races at at various tracks...i'm cautiously optimistic that we have a decent car this year

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i think to get a proper view of the packing order, we need at least 5-6 races at at various tracks...i'm cautiously optimistic that we have a decent car this year
    Is why I said at least 3.
    At any rate I want to also be cautiously optimistic. I don't expect a title BUT I want to be competitive.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Is why I said at least 3.
    At any rate I want to also be cautiously optimistic. I don't expect a title BUT I want to be competitive.
    me too, as long as we're competitive and challenge red bulls for wins at most tracks i will be very happy compared to how i was last year

i too don't think we'll have a car good enough to mount a title challenge given how GOOD red bull was last year, but BOY oh BOY would i ever love Ferrari to prove me wrong.

As long as we have a Ferrari that is a good race car and not only a qualifying car we have a chance to stretch this season to the end. Last year we had an mediocre race car and better at the end of year.

This year, we are looking for a jack of all trade of a car to maximize our engine potential. I have a feeling that we are going to be very strong down the straights even without the low drag wing of the sf23.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    As long as we have a Ferrari that is a good race car and not only a qualifying car we have a chance to stretch this season to the end. Last year we had an mediocre race car and better at the end of year.

This year, we are looking for a jack of all trade of a car to maximize our engine potential. I have a feeling that we are going to be very strong down the straights even without the low drag wing of the sf23.
    time will tell mate, i cannot wait for testing....although that can be taken with a grain of salt as everyone will test different programs, different fuel loads, different tires (sometimes unmarked tires) so the true performance of our car will only be seen in Q3 when everyone will be running with a splash of fuel and then in the race how our race pace will compare to red bull's as well as others.

the ultimate test of our cars' pace will be after 5-6 races.....but one thing for sure, I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START.....i'm cautiously PUMPED

Forza FERRARI!!!

SF-24 looks awesome but would it be able to beat Max? We shall all see.

I can't wait to watch both our drivers challenging each other and every other team driver every race! Carlos esp. He needs a job come 2025 .

Did you see the freaking Red Bull??! Holy! It's insanely sleek. Honestly looks like it is from some future era of F1 rules. Now I'm terrified. The undercut is miles ahead of everyone elses, they even have no SIS protrusion in the floor, and where the hell are the sidepod inlets?

EDIT: So they have masked it. It has vertical sidepod inlets, like Mercedes had in 2022. That freed up the space to raise the sidepod lip to the maximum height and create a massive undercut. I don't think we are winning this year guys. If we went for 99% new car and concept and came up with beautiful, but quite conventional car and they ment to go with just evolution but created this... I hate F1 sometimes
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 15th February 2024 at 19:13.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Did you see the freaking Red Bull??! Holy! It's insanely sleek. Honestly looks like it is from some future era of F1 rules. Now I'm terrified. The undercut is miles ahead of everyone elses, they even have no SIS protrusion in the floor, and where the hell are the sidepod inlets?
    Did you see those sidepod inlets? Completely different from lasts years car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Did you see those sidepod inlets? Completely different from lasts years car.
    Here it's visible

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

dont know what to say , but surely something not good ( for us)
    Cant barre any more present ourselves as a mediocre team , with no talent / imagination
    We look SO basic in every aspect .
    I cant understand how ,everybody in the team especially the top , be happy with this.
    even before the presentation of others, when they saw the picture of the new car ,they except it as the car to try to beat the RBs ,or at least to be clear 2nd and closer to the top ????
    All the other world when they saw our new car where surprised of whow basic/ conventional it was. As Scrabs said (althout i dont read to much on his statements) its like they designed a car for 2023 and not 24 !!!!!!!! I understand its a new concept for us ,but a accept from a champrioship winning team to examine a evoled -more radical version and not the basic one of othres 1+ years ago !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    dont know what to say , but surely something not good ( for us)
    Cant barre any more present ourselves as a mediocre team , with no talent / imagination
    We look SO basic in every aspect .
    I cant understand how ,everybody in the team especially the top , be happy with this.
    even before the presentation of others, when they saw the picture of the new car ,they except it as the car to try to beat the RBs ,or at least to be clear 2nd and closer to the top ????
    All the other world when they saw our new car where surprised of whow basic/ conventional it was. As Scrabs said (althout i dont read to much on his statements) its like they designed a car for 2023 and not 24 !!!!!!!! I understand its a new concept for us ,but a accept from a champrioship winning team to examine a evoled -more radical version and not the basic one of othres 1+ years ago !!!!!
    I wouldnt expect anyone to challenge Red Bull this year with last years advantage and budget cap. Ferrari does look basic so far but very different solution to what they have had. With budget cap if they had a highly evolved version of this concept they might get something wrong and have to unpick a highly developed mess. I take whats done so far as a proof of concept with highly evolved upgrades to come through if base concept is proven. Not great as no chance of title this year ( never know) but can maybe build into a challenge next year if concept works and development works really well. For allwe know though Newey may have gone over the top and the Red Bull is a big issue being so radical and they fall back on last years car. Remember the 2003 McLaren he designed which they could never get to race after starting the year with 2003 car. His 1994 Williams staryed very bad after domination in 92 and 93. His 2001 McLaren lost the ot after having easily the fastest car in 98 and 99 possibly slightly faster in 2000. When people saw Merc zero pods they thought it was more domi ation but after 8 yeara of the fastest car Merc fell off a cliff. More hope on my part but we just gota see how it all pans out. Takes time to build (yes Ferrari always in that situation) but doesnt make it less true. They need to find a groove and then few seasons to work to the very top. Its never gona happen that from an OK season in stable rules they'll just vault to domination the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    I wouldnt expect anyone to challenge Red Bull this year with last years advantage and budget cap. Ferrari does look basic so far but very different solution to what they have had. With budget cap if they had a highly evolved version of this concept they might get something wrong and have to unpick a highly developed mess. I take whats done so far as a proof of concept with highly evolved upgrades to come through if base concept is proven. Not great as no chance of title this year ( never know) but can maybe build into a challenge next year if concept works and development works really well. For allwe know though Newey may have gone over the top and the Red Bull is a big issue being so radical and they fall back on last years car. Remember the 2003 McLaren he designed which they could never get to race after starting the year with 2003 car. His 1994 Williams staryed very bad after domination in 92 and 93. His 2001 McLaren lost the ot after having easily the fastest car in 98 and 99 possibly slightly faster in 2000. When people saw Merc zero pods they thought it was more domi ation but after 8 yeara of the fastest car Merc fell off a cliff. More hope on my part but we just gota see how it all pans out. Takes time to build (yes Ferrari always in that situation) but doesnt make it less true. They need to find a groove and then few seasons to work to the very top. Its never gona happen that from an OK season in stable rules they'll just vault to domination the next season.
    Understand what you say and I kind agree with that, it's just we are always on the beginning of something and always try to catch up. By the time we reach something, everything changes again. We don't have a solid base from the start and stable development. It's normal not always be the best on this, but it becomes abnormal for years to be on the wrong foot.
    Having said that, I hope we also have more on the pipeline and soon start fighting on the top!!!!

I heard the RB20 on the test track yesterday in Silverstone and it was wet. The car certainly sounds different than the rest of the cars on the grid.....more turbine like.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Understand what you say and I kind agree with that, it's just we are always on the beginning of something and always try to catch up. By the time we reach something, everything changes again. We don't have a solid base from the start and stable development. It's normal not always be the best on this, but it becomes abnormal for years to be on the wrong foot.
    Having said that, I hope we also have more on the pipeline and soon start fighting on the top!!!!
    Thats the problem. Once its wrong got to start the long journey again. No chance get it wrong then change the design amd win a title the next year. Sad that 2022 seemed Ferrari got it right. Not sure if mid year rule change hurt as it coincided with post summer break and Red Bull were working on losing kgs which was pure performance.

Hello just read during ferraris filming day yesterday they tried out 2 different engine covers with fins and 2 different side pod configuration.any one know more about this

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Hello just read during ferraris filming day yesterday they tried out 2 different engine covers with fins and 2 different side pod configuration.any one know more about this
    They tried with F1-75 style fin too but doubt about sidepod . I think it's the same original sidepod look at different angle

I think ferrari could further develop their sidepod inlet ( ..the s-duct inlet) to be like the redbull if this deisgn works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Did you see the freaking Red Bull??!
    Yeah, it's hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I heard the RB20 on the test track yesterday in Silverstone and it was wet. The car certainly sounds different than the rest of the cars on the grid.....more turbine like.
    And how is it related to the SF24? Could you please take your RB fangirling elsewhere and leave place only for the SF24.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 16th February 2024 at 07:35.

Quote Originally Posted by arcabe View Post
    I think ferrari could further develop their sidepod inlet ( ..the s-duct inlet) to be like the redbull if this deisgn works.
    I think the more important bits are the under floor, front wing and the suspension. More than 90% of the downforce will be generated by the venturi tunnels under the floor. The design of the FW will decide how the air will get feed to the venturi tunnel and suspension will play the most vital role of keeping the platform stable.

Having the car running close to the ground and without any aero bouncing will give us the lap time.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think the more important bits are the under floor, front wing and the suspension. More than 90% of the downforce will be generated by the venturi tunnels under the floor. The design of the FW will decide how the air will get feed to the venturi tunnel and suspension will play the most vital role of keeping the platform stable.

Having the car running close to the ground and without any aero bouncing will give us the lap time.
    I agree on this, Just to calm down the negativity on our cars design's path. As always the testing will validate this.

Hello if you go o. X put in ferrari f1 they did hide stuff at the launch.during filming they did test 2 new engine covers a new rear wing a new front wing and different side pod inlets.if I'm understanding it correctly they have some thing very close to the rd 20 inlet

Quote Originally Posted by arcabe View Post
    I agree on this, Just to calm down the negativity on our cars design's path. As always the testing will validate this.
    SF-24 have a lot of space to modified and upgraded later during the season , unlike SF-23 last year which limited by crash structure design . So if 3 first GP we don't go fast enough then Cardile will bring the first update that was also being developed now

What I'm trying to say is that during the filming day on Wednesday they have the parts all ready made and were testing them they were also trying out ride hights and the good news there was no Bouncing

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And how is it related to the SF24? Could you please take your RB fangirling elsewhere and leave place only for the SF24.

At the end of the day we can't control what other avenues teams go down, especially Red Bull. We have continued to develop our car under these regs the best way we can, we can't just take what another team does and slap it on our car. I'm pretty sure the engineers have been through thousands of configurations in the wind tunnel.

Let's just try to build on the back end of last year where for once we actually develop better in the second half of the season then the first for the first time in what seems like a lifetime. We are going in the right direction. That doesn't mean we can leapfrog RB but it does mean that we have something to build on year on year to the point where when the new regs kick in we have a better base, a better methodology to work with and develop on.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    At the end of the day we can't control what other avenues teams go down, especially Red Bull. We have continued to develop our car under these regs the best way we can, we can't just take what another team does and slap it on our car. I'm pretty sure the engineers have been through thousands of configurations in the wind tunnel.

Let's just try to build on the back end of last year where for once we actually develop better in the second half of the season then the first for the first time in what seems like a lifetime. We are going in the right direction. That doesn't mean we can leapfrog RB but it does mean that we have something to build on year on year to the point where when the new regs kick in we have a better base, a better methodology to work with and develop on.
    I agree on that . Even if we can't get a 2nd best car but as long as the trajectory of last year keep going and the performance is more consistent that will surely set the basic mind and methodology to fight for next time if we have a chance . We're just tired of so many years fighting the championship only at the first half of the season and then fall like a stone