Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So you know how to use emojis. But lack basic mental articulation of not knowing what to post. Fangirling over the RB car in a Ferrari forum is not even trolling, it is simply idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by arcabe View Post
    I agree on this, Just to calm down the negativity on our cars design's path. As always the testing will validate this.
    I don't see anything negative with the design of the SF24. We can't to see how the air is getting manipulated by the bodywork with our naked eyes, and even the tiniest details can make a big difference. Just cause the car looks "basic", doesn't mean it is slow.

We shouldn't be forgetting that in terms of absolute pure pace, the SF23 was quite close to the RB19. But it was deeply flawed, Ferrari couldn't run the car as lower as the RB without having to deal with porpoising, which made the overall platform unstable. So they were forced to make some heavy compromises like running the car higher and losing downforce.

But from what I've seen so far, the SF24 doesn't have such problem. Fiorano is a very good test track and the car was dealing with the bumps without any problem and the floor was running very low to the ground without any porpoising, hence the sparks on the straight and in corners.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So you know how to use emojis. But lack basic mental articulation of not knowing what to post. Fangirling over the RB car in a Ferrari forum is not even trolling, it is simply idiotic.

I don't see anything negative with the design of the SF24. We can't to see how the air is getting manipulated by the bodywork with our naked eyes, and even the tiniest details can make a big difference. Just cause the car looks "basic", doesn't mean it is slow.

We shouldn't be forgetting that in terms of absolute pure pace, the SF23 was quite close to the RB19. But it was deeply flawed, Ferrari couldn't run the car as lower as the RB without having to deal with porpoising, which made the overall platform unstable. So they were forced to make some heavy compromises like running the car higher and losing downforce.

But from what I've seen so far, the SF24 doesn't have such problem. Fiorano is a very good test track and the car was dealing with the bumps without any problem and the floor was running very low to the ground without any porpoising, hence the sparks on the straight and in corners.
    Why so toxic? All he (and even myself) is saying is the Red Bull is pushing the rules to the extreme, which is honestly what we all were hoping Ferrari will do. And it looks scary. Not pretty, but scary. Nobody is fanboying about it, people (yeah, people, the internet is full of it) are just worried that Newey cooked and they will lap us in every race. Our car on the other hand is beautiful, but on the outside looks basic. We don't see the floor tunnels and what's inside the car, but the outside stuff... again, it's scary. I just hope they pushed way too far and messed it up big time.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Why so toxic? All he (and even myself) is saying is the Red Bull is pushing the rules to the extreme, which is honestly what we all were hoping Ferrari will do. And it looks scary. Not pretty, but scary. Nobody is fanboying about it, people (yeah, people, the internet is full of it) are just worried that Newey cooked and they will lap us in every race. Our car on the other hand is beautiful, but on the outside looks basic. We don't see the floor tunnels and what's inside the car, but the outside stuff... again, it's scary. I just hope they pushed way too far and messed it up big time.
    dude, relax....teh cars haven't even hit the track in testing yet and you already seem scare/worried....for all we know teh red bull can turn into a 2022 Mercedes. I would love for that to happen, but Newey rarely messed up a design but you never know

lets wait and see how testing goes, although very little can be taken from testing as everyone will run their own program and cannot compare one team to another

like i said, the true test will be Q3 in Bahrain and more so after 5-6 races, that will tell us exactly where we stack up against everyone else

https://giphy.com/gifs/2rAL88iH7Qkpb95QVk
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I agree with everything you said that is why i'm not too worried. Lets not forget, the SF24 is at minimum weight, that was not the case last year. I hope Ferrari worked on getting their double DRS to work like the Bulls to take advantage

of our engine down the straights. They went for a design which they can adapt on many tracks to take advantage of the engine under DRS as long as the race pace is there. This year is a long season, anything can happen. The Bulls were spared

last year with reliability, might not be the same if they have too push the limits every single weekend. Very exciting season ahead.

You still watch kid's cartoon? Well, that explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    I agree with everything you said that is why i'm not too worried. Lets not forget, the SF24 is at minimum weight, that was not the case last year. I hope Ferrari worked on getting their double DRS to work like the Bulls to take advantage

of our engine down the straights. They went for a design which they can adapt on many tracks to take advantage of the engine under DRS as long as the race pace is there. This year is a long season, anything can happen. The Bulls were spared

last year with reliability, might not be the same if they have too push the limits every single weekend. Very exciting season ahead.
    Yup, but we also need to capitalize our chances. Can't afford to throw them away any more. Ferrari could've/should've won more races in last 2 years.

Cause the guy is a troll? Fangirling over everything RB, cheering when RB cars overtake Ferrari on track, not a single bad work about RB, posting fake & disparaging news about Ferrari etc etc.

If you want to be his knight in a shining armour here, then go ahead, I don't care.

Cause the guy is a troll? Fangirling over everything RB, cheering when RB cars overtake Ferrari on track, not a single bad work about RB, posting fake & disparaging news about Ferrari etc etc.

If you want to be his knight in a shining armour here, then go ahead, I don't care.
    I was praising RB. I don't support RB.

Besides, I've posted 3 GP's (and there's more) where you're praising RB and calling out Ferrari's mistakes over and over again.

I'm on 2 Ferrari forums. How many Ferrari forums are you on? Just 1?

You're a big freakin crybaby!!

I was praising RB. I don't support RB.
    Nah, you were fangirling as always. Why don't you show a single post out of your nearly 11 thousand here, where you said anything bad about RB?

Besides, I've posted 3 GP's (and there's more) where you're praising RB and calling out Ferrari's mistakes over and over again.
    That's what supporters do. They praise the team and hype them up when needed, just what I'm doing in this thread, and criticise them when it warranted. But you on the other hand do nothing but disparage Ferrari.
    You were quick to post fake news about Charles and Ferrari when Lewis got announced but keeping it quiet about Horner and his horny scandal. I wonder why.

I'm on 2 Ferrari forums. How many Ferrari forums are you on? Just 1?
    So not content with trolling in one place? Sad.

You're a big freakin crybaby!!
    Says the troll.

We can hope , don't be so worried. Newey used to messed up in 1994 iirc when his 1991-1993 cars was dominant and then he messed up again in 2001 when his 1998-2000 were title contender car .

Nah, you were fangirling as always. Why don't you show a single post out of your nearly 11 thousand here, where you said anything bad about RB?
    That's your myopic opinion. You do the research and find out "where I said anything bad about RB." I did mine on you.

That's what supporters do. They praise the team and hype them up when needed, just what I'm doing in this thread, and criticise them when it warranted. But you on the other hand do nothing but disparage Ferrari.
    You were quick to post fake news about Charles and Ferrari when Lewis got announced but keeping it quiet about Horner and his horny scandal. I wonder why.
    Like I said, I praise RB.

Be careful what you read about "fake" news on either end of any F1 team.

This is you and Greig during the ItalianGP 2023 on page 3:

tifosi1993: "Oh shut up you buffoon. Maybe Ferrari should employ you, you'll fit right in with all the clowns there."

Greig: "Awh are you upset? Will you cry into your Charles pillow?"

tifosi1993: "Nah, I'm rather enjoying your dying forum.

A buffoon running and ruining this place like a buffoon."

Greig: "Soon will just be true Ferrari fans here, just as it was intended.

Cry some more though, enjoy the salty tears."

You're mental and a crybaby as depicted in your posts of pasts on this forum with RB, Ferrari and Greig. Greig calling you out as NOT a true Ferrari fan.

All-out pace was not a problem for the F1-75/SF-23 concept, it was rapid tyre wear and lack of consistency.

If these issues could be sorted out with some design changes, coupled with possibly the most powerful engine, then the SF-24 could have good potential.

I don't see how the SF-24 design looks 'simple' compared to the other cars.

That's your myopic opinion. You do the research and find out "where I said anything bad about RB." I did mine on you.
    So you can't show a single post where you said anything bad about RB. Noted.
    Oh, I don't have time to go through all the thrash you post here, it's not "research", it's simply a waste of time.

Like I said, I praise RB.

Be careful what you read about "fake" news on either end of any F1 team.

This is you and Greig during the ItalianGP 2023 on page 3:

You're mental and a crybaby as depicted in your posts of pasts on this forum with RB, Ferrari and Greig. Greig calling you out as NOT a true Ferrari fan.
    And what's Greig got to do with it?
    Are you pretending to be someone who never had any argument with him? Oh I get it, he is your buddy here and it's all friendly between you two! Why don't post some of your own "friendly chat" with Greig, if you're man enough.

And what's Greig got to do with it?
    Are you pretending to be someone who never had any argument with him? Oh I get it, he is your buddy here and it's all friendly between you two! Why don't post some of your own "friendly chat" with Greig, if you're man enough.
    Oh, I've had arguments with him. I just never said the things you said to him during the ItalianGP 2023 argument between you and him.

Anyways, I'll expect more temper tantrums from you regarding my posts about "praising" RB. I bet you won't throw a temper tantrum to anyone else that posts something positive about RB.

Oh, I've had arguments with him. I just never said the things you said to him during the ItalianGP 2023 argument between you and him.

Anyways, I'll expect more temper tantrums from you regarding my posts about "praising" RB. I bet you won't throw a temper tantrum to anyone else that posts something positive about RB.
    So, not man enough. Noted.
    You're a RB fan and your post history proves it plainly. This thread is another example, you ******* on the SF24 and fangirling all over the RB car, even when it had nothing to do with the topic.

So, not man enough. Noted.
    You're a RB fan and your post history proves it plainly. This thread is another example, you ******* on the SF24 and fangirling all over the RB car, even when it had nothing to do with the topic.

Bye Felicia!

So there's the vertical intake that shows in the pic you provided.

There's a second intake above the vertical intake under the lip of the sidepod intake. Like a "shark-mouth" intake and is just as wide as the lip of intake sidepod.

Having seen all the other designs now, it seems we're chasing the RB of 2 years ago. I hope this emphasis on being able to set up the car and draw reliable performance works (or we have something secret in hand), because all of our immediate rivals appear to have more aggressive designs.

From a high level view, it looks to me that the sidepod design are beginning to converge into the same general approach. Huge undercut and a ramp, all to channel more air to the diffuser.

Anyway I think a major factor would be how well we treat the tyres.
    RB was good at this last season, to the point that at certain tracks like Singapore they could not work the tyres into the right operating temperature I guess. But overall it was enough to win all the other races

I guess all cars are evolving from last year. Ferrari I believe has put in lot of hard work to improve race pace situation, but I must admit, RB are indeed brave, produce THE most dominant car in F1 history and then come out with a revolutionary successor. If Newey can make this car work and stay ahead of the competition, hats off to him

On a lighter note, I'm not a RB fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Having seen all the other designs now, it seems we're chasing the RB of 2 years ago. I hope this emphasis on being able to set up the car and draw reliable performance works (or we have something secret in hand), because all of our immediate rivals appear to have more aggressive designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    From a high level view, it looks to me that the sidepod design are beginning to converge into the same general approach. Huge undercut and a ramp, all to channel more air to the diffuser.
    https://i.ibb.co/smKRcSG/424858745-6...40292292-n.jpg

Anyway I think a major factor would be how well we treat the tyres.
    RB was good at this last season, to the point that at certain tracks like Singapore they could not work the tyres into the right operating temperature I guess. But overall it was enough to win all the other races
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I guess all cars are evolving from last year. Ferrari I believe has put in lot of hard work to improve race pace situation, but I must admit, RB are indeed brave, produce THE most dominant car in F1 history and then come out with a revolutionary successor. If Newey can make this car work and stay ahead of the competition, hats off to him

On a lighter note, I'm not a RB fangirl
    RB have stated that they will move to the Mercedes "zero-pod" from the JapaneseGP onwards.

Testing and the first 3 GP's will be the current design that everyone has seen.

Note: Not a supporter of RB in case someone throws a tantrum.

News about the SF24 and not the RB for the Ferrari fans:

According to veteran journalist Alessandro Stefanini, Charles did 56.81 with the SF24 during the filming day, which was 8 tenths faster than the SF23. Sainz did 57.21

The SF24 being much faster than the SF23 is quite normal, but doesn't say anything about the overall performance of the car.

More info regarding the SF24 and not the RB:

When it said that oversteery balance is the faster way around, it doesn't mean aero oversteer, but mechanical. A car mechanically setup for oversteer will always be fast. But when a car front downforce but the rear is hapless and can't stick to the track, it induces aero oversteer, which makes the car slow, dangerous and unstable. Which is what the SF23 was.

It had a poor front end and even poorer back end. And because of the aero bouncing aka porpoising, Ferrari were forced to run the car higher and set up the car for understeer. But with each upgrade, Ferrari was able to rectify some of the major problems that plagued the SF23, with the floor they brought in Japan being the definitive one.

So, it will be interesting to observe the behaviour of the SF24. The filming day was pretty clear to me and I'm happy with how the car behaved on track. But the car only did few laps during the filming day, so it wasn't conclusive.

Bahrain will be conclusive and it's a track that highlights the weaknesses of a F1 car.

Bahrain will be conclusive and it's a track that highlights the weaknesses of a F1 car.
    So, with regards to testing at Bahrain, you think TESTING will be conclusive and will highlight the weakness of ANY F1 car?

I doubt it.

After 3 or 4 quali's and races at various tracks, THAT will be conclusive and will highlight the weaknesses of ANY F1 car.

News about the SF24 and not the RB for the Ferrari fans:

According to veteran journalist Alessandro Stefanini, Charles did 56.81 with the SF24 during the filming day, which was 8 tenths faster than the SF23. Sainz did 57.21

The SF24 being much faster than the SF23 is quite normal, but doesn't say anything about the overall performance of the car.
    Would be surprised if they still using the standard track layout and beat Michael Schumacher record of 59.999s in F2004

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Would be surprised if they still using the standard track layout and beat Michael Schumacher record of 59.999s in F2004
    It's slower than Michael's 55.999, but we should also remember that back then Ferrari had tyres tailored made for them, and the F2004 had already completed hundreds of laps in Fiorano before setting that time.

I'm sure the SF24 would beat that record if Ferrari really want to. With DRS, Q3 mode and softest of the pirelli compound, this car will easily do sub 56.0 lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Imagine the F2004 with DRS and the softest compound tires.......whoa!!!! (Also, the F2004 weighs 600kg as opposed to 800kg(2023).