Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton signs for Ferrari 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I read an article that Hamilton had in his Mercedes contract, that if he uses his exit clause he can't bring Mercedes staff with him.
    Highly doubt that would even be legal.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    He's not allowed to recruit them, doesn't mean they can't follow him. Some easier than the others though.

Toto himself said that they will have to discuss the future of a few members of the staff, Bono included, in the following months now that Lewis is leaving.
    he's SIR lewis the GOAT, he can do anything he wants....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he's SIR lewis the GOAT, he can do anything he wants....LOL
    And thats what he did! 103,104, 7 1/2 and now every drivers dream going to Ferrari !

Bout that pesky anti-poach clause in Lewis contract. He is in trouble if Merc can put him in a position where he was in direct contact and / or negotiation with staff that left Merc for Ferrari.
    However, if (hypothetical) Lewis somehow let Ferrari know who they should be useful to Ferrari and -THEY- poached them, he has nothing to be afraid of.

Simple stuff really.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It would be hard to believe that Sr Lewis didn't at least simply mention to anyone @ Merc to expect a call.

I'm confused, I didn't hear that LH used his exit clause, wasn't his contract simply up at the end of 2024?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm confused, I didn't hear that LH used his exit clause, wasn't his contract simply up at the end of 2024?
    Nope, his current Mercedes contract was till the end of 2025

Has this idea been raised: Ferrari into sailing competition, Hamilton to Ferrari as another enticement to sign Newey who is interested in both of those spheres? Many excellent boatbuilders in Italy as well and a great place to work, relax and eventually retire from dreary UK?
    Last edited by Liscia; 18th February 2024 at 20:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Nope, his current Mercedes contract was till the end of 2025
    Oh well... hopefully some engineers still make their way over...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Why are you gutted and DISGUSTED by this decision? And why is it WRONG?
    1) he was in the know when mclaren stole ferrari knowhow and kept shtum
    2) his first words 'I will not make use of the race card.... and we know how quickly he jumped on that one
    3) his music is not my liking
    4) his style is ridiculous in my opinion
    5) his blatant lies in races outside races everywhere he opens his mouth its mostly lies.... his words about ferrari not being his wish and then....
    6) his attitude about life, he comes from a poor background... Ron Dennis had his back from the age of nine ......
    7) BLM, proven to be a scam and a money grabbing bunch of people, yet he wholeheartedly endorsed them.
    why Wrong... simple, he has been a merc man his entire career, we 'ferrari academy' has so many jewels in their fold, Charles was the perfect example, use more from this pool instead of a 40 year old one
    More Wrong, the fact that this decision by ferrari was PURELY monetary gain. In my opinion, money they really do not need as their sales reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    1) he was in the know when mclaren stole ferrari knowhow and kept shtum
    2) his first words 'I will not make use of the race card.... and we know how quickly he jumped on that one
    3) his music is not my liking
    4) his style is ridiculous in my opinion
    5) his blatant lies in races outside races everywhere he opens his mouth its mostly lies.... his words about ferrari not being his wish and then....
    6) his attitude about life, he comes from a poor background... Ron Dennis had his back from the age of nine ......
    7) BLM, proven to be a scam and a money grabbing bunch of people, yet he wholeheartedly endorsed them.
    why Wrong... simple, he has been a merc man his entire career, we 'ferrari academy' has so many jewels in their fold, Charles was the perfect example, use more from this pool instead of a 40 year old one
    More Wrong, the fact that this decision by ferrari was PURELY monetary gain. In my opinion, money they really do not need as their sales reflect.
    I understand how you feel, I felt the same way when Sebastian joined Ferrari.

But look at it this way, Lewis joining Ferrari will open the door for others to flock in.
    We need to poach more technical (mechanical & aero) talent from other teams,
    having Lewis here helps eliminate most of the stigma surrounding Ferrari's work culture.

This scenario is quite similar to Schumacher entering Ferrari.

Note, that I don’t like Lewis’s personality either. But, if the pros outweigh the cons – why bother?

Lewis Hamilton joining Ferrari is like Cristiano Ronaldo joining Juventus.......big bucks were paid out BUT nothing really changed from a Championship level winning.

2026 is a new formula and a new reset. Hopefully by then, Ferrari will challenge consecutively at the top.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

and it begins...

The audacity of this guy to join an Italian team in Italy and be upset that Italians work there. How about worrying about winning races rather than the colour of skin of the people who work at the factory. All aboard the woke show that is coming to Ferrari.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    and it begins...

https://i.imgur.com/VMQmkIb.jpg

The audacity of this guy to join an Italian team in Italy and be upset that Italians work there. How about worrying about winning races rather than the colour of skin of the people who work at the factory. All aboard the woke show that is coming to Ferrari.
    Yeah, good luck with that buddy hiring blacks in Ferrari F1 in Italy!!

He called out Ferrari for the same issue in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

or better yet, have Ferrari paint the F1 car black, the way he did at Mercedes....yeah right, like that's gonna fly in Italy.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    or better yet, have Ferrari paint the F1 car black, the way he did at Mercedes....yeah right, like that's gonna fly in Italy.....
    +1.....the guy is a diva.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Forcing hard working, qualified people out their jobs to serve your agenda and ego is disgusting.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Forcing hard working, qualified people out their jobs to serve your agenda and ego is disgusting.
    amen to that

and it begins...

https://i.imgur.com/VMQmkIb.jpg

This is the fastest lane towards the exit, someone should tell him that.
    Acting that he is bigger than the team.

Please lewis, by all means go on, keep being you. See where that will take you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If Enzo is still there LH wouldn't be hired because of this

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    If Enzo is still there LH wouldn't be hired because of this
    +1000

Enzo was ALL about racing cars and paying drivers only to race his cars.

Obviously, we are living in different times.

Emilia Romagna and Italy don't have that many black or mixed citizens (Hamilton is half white don't forget), so it's going to be pretty hard to accomplish anything that he perceives to be diversity in comparison to Britain. Obviously fewer people speak the Italian language across the world. Therefore it's a higher threshold to move there in general. Anyway, it's just a virtue signal from him, all he really cares about is winning races and if he looks like a virtuous person in the meantime, the better for him. I just wish the media would stop feeding his PR lines and just ask him about driving or the weather rather than constantly bringing up politics. He'd come across as much more likeable that way.

More worrisome for Elkann is another lacklustre one-lap performance from Hamilton today as his reflexes naturally get slower and maybe that extra mental spark required for that extra tenth is gone after cruising to so many freebie titles. Even if he'd be the ultimate tyre whisperer, it's pretty hard winning races when constantly behind your team mate and several cars over one lap. Also, let's face it: Elkann made a massive error of judgement in choosing Sainz over Alonso for 2021 over old sour gripes.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 1st March 2024 at 17:22.

All things considered Lewis is Ferrari's choice to join the team. They see him as the GOAT for sure. Alonso proving age is not a factor at least till 50 ! Getting that 8th WDC @ Ferrari will be great.

Why Ferrari why ?

People need to realize that Ferrari did not get Lewis to offer him a championship but for strategic reasons (and as far as we can see it is working).
    They clearly disrupted the whole F1 fabric of sorts (specially Mercedes), they made a move that is talked bout and turned the spotlights to Ferrari (even more).
    If we got staff we could use from Mercedes (which would weaken them), even the better.
    Apart from all that, Lewis will have 2 years, 3 tops (that is his contract) and he will move on to better things. But in order to get a championship, he would have to beat Leclerc, good luck with that, as he simply is not NEARLY fast enough anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    People need to realize that Ferrari did not get Lewis to offer him a championship but for strategic reasons (and as far as we can see it is working).
    They clearly disrupted the whole F1 fabric of sorts (specially Mercedes), they made a move that is talked bout and turned the spotlights to Ferrari (even more).
    If we got staff we could use from Mercedes (which would weaken them), even the better.
    Apart from all that, Lewis will have 2 years, 3 tops (that is his contract) and he will move on to better things. But in order to get a championship, he would have to beat Leclerc, good luck with that, as he simply is not NEARLY fast enough anymore.
    good post as usual

Bearman P7 after one practice session in the car and barely old enough for a drivers' license.
    Hamilton P9 and sizeably outran by his team mate two races in a row.

Feels like he's hit the Vettel 2020 mode in perfect time.

I guess Brembo is off to play Goat Simulator after this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Bearman P7 after one practice session in the car and barely old enough for a drivers' license.
    Hamilton P9 and sizeably outran by his team mate two races in a row.

Feels like he's hit the Vettel 2020 mode in perfect time.

I guess Brembo is off to play Goat Simulator after this one
    Thanks for the laughs.

Adding to that , this guy is an EXCELLENT solution in the off chance that Carlos starts to making trouble this year. Just bench him and bring him on.
    Give the kid valuable experience and next year push him to an F1 team so that when Lewis is gone, he'll pair with Leclerc.

When Lewis is gone! He's not even here at Ferrari yet! Ferrari couldn't even wait for Lewis to finish his contract with Merc; thats how bad they need him. I feel good knowing my favorite GOAT driver is also Ferrari's favorite. I'm waiting to see how Charles does against Carlos this season. Will Carlos success mean he's making trouble @ Ferrari?

Imagine this....

Lewis Hamilton, strategically holding up and backing up Maxipad, to help Leclerc beat him in 2025..... passing the torch....

I think there's a lot of people that can get behind that story line....