Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Lewis Hamilton signs for Ferrari 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I get it you dislike Lewis but what you write here will not change his contract to drive for Ferrari in 2025.
    On the face of it, that may well end up being the worst contract in all sports and just a really poor piece of judgement. Muh seven titles is just proof of how little drivers' titles mean these days. Even if I'm being generous only three years in the last 15 seasons had two cars that could win the title. Get the best car and get Bottas or Pérez next to you and any above-average driver is going to win multiple ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    On the face of it, that may well end up being the worst contract in all sports and just a really poor piece of judgement. Muh seven titles is just proof of how little drivers' titles mean these days. Even if I'm being generous only three years in the last 15 seasons had two cars that could win the title. Get the best car and get Bottas or Pérez next to you and any above-average driver is going to win multiple ones.
    Can't think of many multiple title winners doing so without the better car. Nothing new to that aspect of the sport.
    Forza Ferrari

Can't think of many multiple title winners doing so without the better car. Nothing new to that aspect of the sport.
    Seasons where three separate legends with skill beat epic Williams cars (1986, 1991 and 1995) aren't possible anymore. Too many races, too much downforce, DRS and the fastest car never breaks. I wish the performance levels of the 90s cars would still be a thing. Enough of corner speed and bring back low downforce and cars the drivers have to battle. That way you can't question whether the champion really can drive or not. Now you have all of the grid capable of driving within 0.5 seconds of each other at any circuit, vehicle permitting. All because of the excessive downforce helping lesser drivers. Then you have the cars just running for days on end no matter how you abuse the vehicle. Hamilton would probably be a net beneficiary of those cars even at this late stage of his career, but it's hard to tell. My prediction is that Piastri and Pérez would really be exposed in low-downforce cars. The issue is that Hamilton can't maximize the mid-20s cars anymore.

Sr Lewis really needs and deserves that 8th WDC win again. Doing it with Ferrari will make it even more spectacular. He's not too old; just ask Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Irrespective of Newey joining Ferrari....potentially that is...what do we think about Lewis currently? For me he's second best to George as things stand. Is that because he's demoralised at Mercedes? Does he not have the car as he likes? Much like Max he likes a pointy front end.

If Lewis is successful that means Ferrari are successful and that must be more paramount than anything.
    To answer your question, I believe that Ferrari never got Lewis to be a leader to Ferrari in terms of how he was in Merc. That role is reserved and well earned by Charles.
    It was a purely tactical move by Ferrari (to which actually I agree) in a game of chess. They want to get people that this move may attract, sell merchandize, have a high profile ambassador , turn the lights to Ferrari for two years further than what already is.

Is he going to being points ? No doubt.
    Is he going to cause issues? I really doubt it because he knows that this is not Merc, not even McLaren, no more RD, no more Toto.
    This is not "his team" anymore.
    Will he get his 8th? No. Why? Because simply he cannot compete with Charles, Charles is simply faster.

And in the mean time, there's time to (if all go well) prepare Bearman, and if not, there's always someone that will be more than happy to join Ferrari when Lewis' contract is done. Just like Lewis was.
    Noone can escape the allure of the Maranello team.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    Because he's way better than Leclerc or Sainz.
    Maybe in your dreams, he is.
    But the hard truth is that biologically he just is not there, that Leclerc is simply regarded along with Max the fastest on the grid, and Charles will have a car tailored for him and a team built around him.
    At the same time, Lewis will have to
    1. Adapt in the culture of a new , non british team
    2. Adapt to drive a non-mercedes engine car
    3. Live with a team that is not built around him and a TP that will not bend backwards/over to satisfy his whims
    4. Learn something very vital for his survival in Ferrari:
    NOONE IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM. If he starts accusing the team or the car (the way he does in Merc), and tries to take the laurels for his success by himself, guess what happens.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    Because he's way better than Leclerc or Sainz.
    We'll see next year

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Maybe in your dreams, he is.
    But the hard truth is that biologically he just is not there, that Leclerc is simply regarded along with Max the fastest on the grid, and Charles will have a car tailored for him and a team built around him.
    At the same time, Lewis will have to
    1. Adapt in the culture of a new , non british team
    2. Adapt to drive a non-mercedes engine car
    3. Live with a team that is not built around him and a TP that will not bend backwards/over to satisfy his whims
    4. Learn something very vital for his survival in Ferrari:
    NOONE IS BIGGER THAN THE TEAM. If he starts accusing the team or the car (the way he does in Merc), and tries to take the laurels for his success by himself, guess what happens.
    IMHO, I feel that Lewis just wants to avenge that 2021 loss to Max and mock RBR.
    Also, he probably wants to win a single championship at Ferrari to outdo Schumacher's record.

Sr Lewis wanting to do 8 @ Ferrari and avenge the Masi sin and be the GOAT over again with Ferrari is coming up !! If he wins ; Ferrari wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    IMHO, I feel that Lewis just wants to avenge that 2021 loss to Max and mock RBR.
    Also, he probably wants to win a single championship at Ferrari to outdo Schumacher's record.
    You're possibly right, he might want to avenge the 2021 loss or even the Ferrari title (who does not want the latter?)
    But wanting one thing and getting it, two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You're possibly right, he might want to avenge the 2021 loss or even the Ferrari title (who does not want the latter?)
    But wanting one thing and getting it, two completely different things.
    Agreed.

Though, I have to say - even though I am not particularly fond of Hamilton, he's politically savvy.
    He knows when to jump ship rather than try building anything from scratch, which is a BIG risk in itself.

Apparently needs to be told that the outlap is critical while going for an undercut

It's going to be two big years for his chequebook. Either way, his spirit doesn't seem to be in the game at the moment. I'm surprised he's only 12 points adrift of Russell considering how miserable his season has been so far. Given Antonelli is nowhere near ready to replace him and they're passing up on win WCC now-options like Sainz would be, Mercedes are definitely in a tough spot. Russell is good and about top five as a driver, but all of their eggs are about to be put in one basket. At least Ferrari can reasonably expect Hamilton to be respectably fast enough to bring home the WCC even at his current performance levels.

Charles wins his home race, Ferrari's second Monaco win in 23 years and still somehow Lewis is in your thoughts, come on lad.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles wins his home race, Ferrari's second Monaco win in 23 years and still somehow Lewis is in your thoughts, come on lad.
    Signore Scozzo showing up at the scene to take on all the haters out there

Look, it was the funniest moment in a very dull race I couldn't help but smile when he said that. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Signore Scozzo showing up at the scene to take on all the haters out there

Look, it was the funniest moment in a very dull race I couldn't help but smile when he said that. It was funny and sad at the same time.
    This.
    The moment I heard his question/comment bout the outlap, I was ***, this is not some rookie asking this.

Unless he was just trolling his soon to be ex team?

Apparently needs to be told that the outlap is critical while going for an undercut
    Well, his engineer said to him "outlap-normal", not "outlap-critical". F1 drivers aren't islands, race engineers play the most vital role. Drivers follow what their race engineer tell them to do.