Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: F1 2024 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Tomorow i think we will going for more perfomance . Long run pace is so impressive .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe Ferrari has some "tricks" up their sleeve finally....and NOT only red fools coming with these tricks....tiem will tell, next Saturday and sunday cannot come quick enough
    Hopefully. But Ferrari doing well will upset some people here. They have already written Ferrari off yesterday. Some even wanted Max to go faster.

The SF24 is one mighty impressive car.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Tomorow i think we will going for more perfomance . Long run pace is so impressive .
    Really hope they will turn up the engine to its full brim tomorrow.

Could this be real? Sainz did his run few hours later in cooler track temps, but still. This comparison looks really freaking good.

And Sainz had literally 0 degradation even on the C2 tyres in the middle stint. Madness!

Last edited by Kyss4k; 22nd February 2024 at 15:34.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The fastest lap of Perez was on C3 vs C4 for Sainz. Difference 7 tenths.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza SF View Post

Any thoughts?
    Nope. Nothing to read here. We'll know next week where everyone stands regarding this specific track.

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

:) Looks surreal.
    Don't forget that with harder tires you need better heat transfer.
    To have better tire management you need to bring the tires in a better operating window and keeping it there.
    Since the tracks was a bit colder when Sainz did his run, this looks very good indeed.

Fastest lap we can't guessing too much . But for long run simulation we can do that to some extends since pretty much everybody will have near 50-70kg of fuel .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Any thoughts?
    Sainz did his time in the afternoon when the track was much warmer.

Perez did his time in the penultimate hours of the 2nd day when the track was much cooler and the air was thicker due to the cold temperature, meaning he was enjoying more downforce than Sainz.

The C4 tyres able to hold on throughout the whole lap in that temperature is another very positive sign.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hopefully. But Ferrari doing well will upset some people here. They have already written Ferrari off yesterday. Some even wanted Max to go faster.

The SF24 is one mighty impressive car.
    i know exactly who you're talking about....i just won't mention any names here....lololol

Really hope they will turn up the engine to its full brim tomorrow.
    OR, they may keep that card close to their chest until Saturday and Sunday....when Maxipad will be left in the dust....boy would i LOVE for that to happen

:) Looks surreal.
    Don't forget that with harder tires you need better heat transfer.
    To have better tire management you need to bring the tires in a better operating window and keeping it there.
    Since the tracks was a bit colder when Sainz did his run, this looks very good indeed.
    Also Sainz did a true race sim today. And what's more, he was more than a second/lap faster than last year's RB. Verstappen's best lap last year was 36.2, and Sainz's very first lap of the sim was 36.7, with the best lap being 34.9

OR, they may keep that card close to their chest until Saturday and Sunday....when Maxipad will be left in the dust....boy would i LOVE for that to happen
    Ah, I really want to see what this beast can do with Q3 fuel load and full engine power in Charles's hand.

Guess I have to wait a bit longer.

Ferrari did the most laps today: 138.

Ah, I really want to see what this beast can do with Q3 fuel load and full engine power in Charles's hand.

Guess I have to wait a bit longer. :-(
    yeah i hear ya, teh remainder of this week and NEXT are gonna go soooooooooo slow for me

Guess I have to wait a bit longer.
    Sainz doing race stint which is actual race conditions come next week. Why leclerc is doing testing during day time, I am unable to get that.

In 2004 we had a car so good it shocked our engineers.
    Exactly 20 years later, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sainz doing race stint which is actual race conditions come next week. Why leclerc is doing testing during day time, I am unable to get that.
    I think yesterday they weren't bothered by the lap times and did proper testing. But they wanted Charles to drive first.

Today, they opted for a bit more performance and gave Sainz his preparation time.

Tomorrow evening, which will be most representive session of this year's testing, Charles will have his race sim and performance runs.

I think yesterday they weren't bothered by the lap times and did proper testing. But they wanted Charles to drive first.

Today, they opted for a bit more performance and gave Sainz his preparation time.

Tomorrow evening, which will be most representive session of this year's testing, Charles will have his race sim and performance runs.
    so Sainz will do the morning testing and Charles will do the afternoon tomorrow??

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Could this be real? Sainz did his run few hours later in cooler track temps, but still. This comparison looks really freaking good.

And Sainz had literally 0 degradation even on the C2 tyres in the middle stint. Madness!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG9AR5BX...png&name=large
    I'm afraid to read anything out of this ,because its looks impressively good for us.
    But i have some concerns bacause even Bottas and Sargeants stints looks comparable to Perez ??? It cant be RBs true pace ?!!
    But at least we look quite good for our own measures !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The track was hotter when Perez did his simulation, higher deg...
    I wouldn't mind if RedBull's new concept has some weaknesses.
    Too many changes may lead to flaws, who knows...

The very first lap of the stint was 36.725, on full fuel load. And no, there was no DRS.

Something strange and impressive going with the SF24, I think the car could've gone much faster.
    Ferrari mentioned they weren't turning up the wick on the engine, yet their times are better than last years times from RB if I'm not mistaken. Was the track resurfaced?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I'm afraid to read anything out of this ,because its looks impressively good for us.
    But i have some concerns bacause even Bottas and Sargeants stints looks comparable to Perez ??? It cant be RBs true pace ?!!
    But at least we look quite good for our own measures !!!!
    The thing is Perez did his run during daylight on warmer track. So Sainz and others have an advantage in cooler temperatures. But even that we are way faster than anybody else doing the run at that time. Sure Ferrari ain't over 1s a lap faster than Red Bull, but we don't seem to be behind. And the best thing about that chart is our tyre deg.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The signs are quire encouraging. I don't think we can dream about a WDC just yet, but the work done vs last year has been exceptional...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Ferrari mentioned they weren't turning up the wick on the engine, yet their times are better than last years times from RB if I'm not mistaken. Was the track resurfaced?
    Nope, it's the same abrasive surface it had last year or the year before, but with more bumps than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I guess it down to track temperature & SF-24 car was better than last year’s SF-23.

Majority of the teams didn’t turn up their engines yet. But what I heard from Commentators is RB did turn up little bit more than Mercs/Ferrari & McLaren.

so Sainz will do the morning testing and Charles will do the afternoon tomorrow??
    Yup. Charles hasn't done any evening session yet.

Anyone who knows what the issue was with Perez?
    First he had brake issues, then later his engine?