Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: F1 2024 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Don't hyping to much or racing god will go against us ! Anyway let's try to being calm and watch the last testing day tomorrow
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I guess it down to track temperature & SF-24 car was better than last year’s SF-23.

Majority of the teams didn’t turn up their engines yet. But what I heard from Commentators is RB did turn up little bit more than Mercs/Ferrari & McLaren.
    Oh Red Bull definitely turned the power when Perez did is best lap, he was reaching 320km/h on the main straight with DRS. By comparison, Sainz was reaching 313 and Lewis 316

Quote Originally Posted by Forza SF View Post
    Anyone who knows what the issue was with Perez?
    First he had brake issues, then later his engine?
    Max wasn't driving so Red Bull wasn't bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Oh Red Bull definitely turned the power when Perez did is best lap, he was reaching 320km/h on the main straight with DRS. By comparison, Sainz was reaching 313 and Lewis 316
    By the way from onboards it looked like us and McLaren often didn't use 8th gear. Don't know about Red Bull.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

According to Albon, two teams currently stand out: Red Bull and Ferrari.

He thinks both teams are not affected by the wind and their rear grip is very good.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Car looks stunning on track, and so far going well despite our basic sidepods
    Forza Ferrari

I stand corrected.

The time difference between the C3 and C4 tire compounds is anywhere from 0.5 to 0.6 seconds.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

He also predicted that come next week, Max would drive away 25 seconds to pit and try for the lap record.
    Obviously joking but let's hope it's not like that.

Sainz doing race stint which is actual race conditions come next week. Why leclerc is doing testing during day time, I am unable to get that.
    Would you rather Ferrari just sat in the garage during day time?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Max wasn't driving so Red Bull wasn't bothered!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Interesting point of view... but I prefer to be holding my expectations...

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/f...g-mark-hughes/

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    Interesting point of view... but I prefer to be holding my expectations...

Yeh . TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !!!
    But nice to read such things ,then what we read last year
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Too early to tell... we'll see what MV can do tomorrow.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Binotto is such a clowns , using a cheat engine and couldn't even beat Merc in 2019 and then 2020 become a disaster when his trick is detected by other team . Using entire 2021 to develop F1-75 to only fighting the championship for 1/3 of the season , the last thing he did was keeping the fish tank design to SF23 and it cost us one more years behind RB . This car is what should SF-23 had been according to Vigna

I'm still intrigued by that 1:36.7, was it done on full brim? Also, the first stint had unusually high deg. 2nd stint was also unusual, not a single lap in 1:36's but zero deg. Third stint was extremely first with zero deg.

I think the SF24 is capable of doing 1 stop here, and it can go faster in race sim than what you've seen today, and today's sim was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Binotto is such a clowns , using a cheat engine and couldn't even beat Merc in 2019 and then 2020 become a disaster when his trick is detected by other team . Using entire 2021 to develop F1-75 to only fighting the championship for 1/3 of the season , the last thing he did was keeping the fish tank design to SF23 and it cost us one more years behind RB . This car is what should SF-23 had been according to Vigna
    id have to disagree with you; the F1-75 (or fish tank as you call it) was a good design, it was fast, good on tires....etc, etc.....just too bad for the TD39 (that Merc demanded) was what affected and killed our performance BIG TIME

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    id have to disagree with you; the F1-75 (or fish tank as you call it) was a good design, it was fast, good on tires....etc, etc.....just too bad for the TD39 (that Merc demanded) was what affected and killed our performance BIG TIME
    TD39 was another of Binotto's failure as the TP. He should've done what Horner did and told Toto to change his car, not the regulation. Binotto made the TD39 happened, he ignored its implications and was too incompetent to foresee the damage it would cause.

But let's not derail this thread. The name Binotto should be erased from Ferrari's history, let him be forgotten.

TD39 was another of Binotto's failure as the TP. He should've done what Horner did and told Toto to change his car, not the regulation. Binotto made the TD39 happened, he ignored its implications and was too incompetent to foresee the damage it would cause.

But let's not derail this thread. The name Binotto should be erased from Ferrari's history, let him be forgotten.
    totally agree....BinOUTo WHO???? lol
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 22nd February 2024 at 20:08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drjz...ist=LL&index=1

What a beautiful lap and the race pace is very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Would you rather Ferrari just sat in the garage during day time?
    Have you got my question clearly?
    I wasn’t aware leclerc will resume his race stint on 3rd day evening time.
    Last 2days it was Sainz who was handling the car testing under actual race conditions.

Have you got my question clearly?
    I wasn’t aware leclerc will resume his race stint on 3rd day evening time.
    Last 2days it was Sainz who was handling the car testing under actual race conditions.
    Okay sorry, I get you now.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

According to @Formu1a_uno via twitch

- At Ferrari, whether it's Sainz or Leclerc, they have in their hands an SF-24 which seems very easy to use, handling which has taken a huge step forward.

- Ferrari seems to be the team that has taken the biggest step forward in terms of its situation compared to Bahrain 2023. The car has literally transformed. A car that goes fast in the slow parts of the track and quite comfortable in the medium and fast corners. On these last points, Ferrari has taken a big step forward.

- Ferrari aimed to bring a very solid base to Bahrain to start developing quietly. It seems something successful. The engineers in the paddock believe that Ferrari is clearly the second force, behind Red Bull.

- Ferrari is following a very similar work program to what they did last year and in 2022. This shows how they now have a much easier car to use. A more manageable car but now we have to see if it is much faster. It has improved a lot compared to the SF-23 in terms of general balance.

- Ferrari will still have to work on its pace in qualifying because there is still too little responsiveness on this point. This seems to be a bit of a lag behind all the improvements. This is not a negative point, it is something that Ferrari must and will work on. The engine speed is still very low and they will gradually increase until the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend.

- The fact that the SF-24 is already an excellent base allows the team to free up aerodynamic development. A bit similar to what McLaren did in 2023 by unlocking a lot of performance.

- On average, Ferrari improved its race pace by more than a second compared to 2023. Carlos Sainz's last stint today is the most impressive on C1 (hard) tires: every lap, he knew where to put his car and laps were almost identical. It's a car that basically has much more aerodynamic load. There's a different balance to the car, it's easier to find balance on the car so that means the operating window is potentially wider.

- We feel that Enrico Cardile is much more involved this year. We often see him on the track, he has a lot more responsibilities and he is more involved in the single-seater.

- Loïc Serra = he is an important figure for Mercedes so it is not easy to replace him at Mercedes. It is still operational and should arrive at Ferrari a little after the summer.

So SF will continue to develop race pace today not qualifying speed .

FERRARI'S SUSPICIOUSLY GOOD RACE SIM IS KEEPING F1 2024 INTRIGUE ALIVE

Stint 1

Sainz (C3) - avg. 1m28.21s, 15 laps
    Perez (C3) - avg. 1m28.65s, 13 laps

Stint 2

Sainz (C2) - avg. 1m27.30s, 17 laps
    Perez (C2) - avg. 1m27.46s, 18 laps

Stint 3

Sainz (C1) - avg. 1m25.38s, 17 laps
    Perez (C1) - avg. 1m27.13s, 21 laps

In this comparison Red Bull ran a total of 52 laps, Ferrari only 49.

If we take an average laptime for each of their race sims and multiply it by the race’s 57 laps, Sainz wins this ‘race’ by 60s, at an average of over 1s per lap faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza SF View Post
    FERRARI'S SUSPICIOUSLY GOOD RACE SIM IS KEEPING F1 2024 INTRIGUE ALIVE

Stint 1

Sainz (C3) - avg. 1m28.21s, 15 laps
    Perez (C3) - avg. 1m28.65s, 13 laps

Stint 2

Sainz (C2) - avg. 1m27.30s, 17 laps
    Perez (C2) - avg. 1m27.46s, 18 laps

Stint 3

Sainz (C1) - avg. 1m25.38s, 17 laps
    Perez (C1) - avg. 1m27.13s, 21 laps

In this comparison Red Bull ran a total of 52 laps, Ferrari only 49.

If we take an average laptime for each of their race sims and multiply it by the race’s 57 laps, Sainz wins this ‘race’ by 60s, at an average of over 1s per lap faster.
    I think he mistyped it . Pace should be in 30s

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    I think he mistyped it . Pace should be in 30s
    I don't know how he made that calculation but that third stint was on average 1second35 faster.
    Mighty.

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...ado-nullo.html
    Ferrari SF-24: almost zero degradation, minimized overheating

Day 3 (3hrs 40min) and another Red Flag on the same drain cover that caused a Red Flag on Day 2 in the same turn.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

We will test new diffuser today

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Day 3 (3hrs 40min) and another Red Flag on the same drain cover that caused a Red Flag on Day 2 in the same turn.
    Is it exactly the same drain? F1 commentary made mention of the ground effect having a hand in this. I hope all the tracks on the calendar are taking notes and making the necessary improvements.
    Forza Ferrari