Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: F1 2024 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    No I haven’t, what did he say?
    Vassuer on French TV:

"This is pretty simple, if Max in his last day stints started with 20kgs of fuel on board the we are in the game. If he had 80kgs of fuel then we will be nowhere."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vassuer on French TV:

"This is pretty simple, if Max in his last day stints started with 20kgs of fuel on board the we are in the game. If he had 80kgs of fuel then we will be nowhere."
    i believe Fred is trying to downplay it a bit. even if RB run heavier our stints were faster. Especially that stint with C1's fo Charles were mighty. And i believe from the top speeds we were using lower engine modes that RB.

i dont believe we will be on top of course but i have a strong feeling we will be much closer than anyone believes.

Vassuer on French TV:

Oh, that's ominous

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i believe Fred is trying to downplay it a bit. even if RB run heavier our stints were faster. Especially that stint with C1's fo Charles were mighty. And i believe from the top speeds we were using lower engine modes that RB.

i dont believe we will be on top of course but i have a strong feeling we will be much closer than anyone believes.
    We will be on top 😁

Can we just keep our feet on the ground for once?
    The car actually is much better than last year, I (for once) believe we do hide some performance (and why wouldn't we)? We 're bringing upgrade(s) for the first race, and that is good.

I don't expect us to win first race ( lol, not that I would mind) but I do expect us to be 2nd and not that chaotic thing we saw last year.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The car actually is much better than last year, I (for once) believe we do hide some performance (and why wouldn't we)? We 're bringing upgrade(s) for the first race, and that is good.

I don't expect us to win first race ( lol, not that I would mind) but I do expect us to be 2nd and not that chaotic thing we saw last year.
    i'm with you. And we don't have to beat Max at the first race. There's a few scenarios that could play out.

For one, by finishing 3rd, we have more development budget, and the signs from last year to bring working updates is positive.

Another scenario is, we don't need to beat Max, but guys, Chico is just as lost as he was last year. If Chico is finishing 4th and below like he was last year, it puts serious pressure on Red Bull to revert to early 2022, early 2023 setups or risk losing the constructors. Or they have to dump Chico. And with some of the news about Red Bull becoming destabilized, this could just add more tormoil over there. It leaves Red Bull vulnerable to a Constructors challenge from Ferrari.

My feet are on the ground alright. I just don't buy the notion of Red Bull being 5 tenths - one second per lap quicker than us. Even in last year's Abu Dhabi GP, the race pace advantage of the Red Bull was quite minuscule.

The race sim SF24 did was impressive. It was proper sim with live pitstops and full race fuel on board, no ifs and buts about it. Sainz's race stint on the 2nd day of testing was impressive, but Charles's sim was even more impressive.

On the last day, Charles was 2.1 seconds/lap faster on average than the SF23 Bahrain spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Oh, that's ominous
    I don't think Fred meant their long run stint. Cause doing 1:36's or 1:37's, which what Max was doing, with just 20kg of fuel would be very very slow.

I think he meant their short run stint. 1:30's on C3 with 20 kg fuel was normal, but doing that on 80kg of fuel would be abnormal. It would mean that the Red Bull can do 1:26's qualifying lap here, which is pretty much implausible.

Remember that this track surface is the most abrasive one which we are racing on this year,
    so if our tyre management is superb here imagine the other tracks!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Oh, that's ominous
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We will be on top ��

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i'm with you. And we don't have to beat Max at the first race. There's a few scenarios that could play out.

For one, by finishing 3rd, we have more development budget, and the signs from last year to bring working updates is positive.

Another scenario is, we don't need to beat Max, but guys, Chico is just as lost as he was last year. If Chico is finishing 4th and below like he was last year, it puts serious pressure on Red Bull to revert to early 2022, early 2023 setups or risk losing the constructors. Or they have to dump Chico. And with some of the news about Red Bull becoming destabilized, this could just add more tormoil over there. It leaves Red Bull vulnerable to a Constructors challenge from Ferrari.
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    My feet are on the ground alright. I just don't buy the notion of Red Bull being 5 tenths - one second per lap quicker than us. Even in last year's Abu Dhabi GP, the race pace advantage of the Red Bull was quite minuscule.

The race sim SF24 did was impressive. It was proper sim with live pitstops and full race fuel on board, no ifs and buts about it. Sainz's race stint on the 2nd day of testing was impressive, but Charles's sim was even more impressive.

On the last day, Charles was 2.1 seconds/lap faster on average than the SF23 Bahrain spec.
    I don't think Fred meant their long run stint. Cause doing 1:36's or 1:37's, which what Max was doing, with just 20kg of fuel would be very very slow.

I think he meant their short run stint. 1:30's on C3 with 20 kg fuel was normal, but doing that on 80kg of fuel would be abnormal. It would mean that the Red Bull can do 1:26's qualifying lap here, which is pretty much implausible.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._had_multiple/

And? Doing 1:36's with 85 kg of fuel is both fast and normal, but nothing earth-shattering. I mean, Charles was doing 1:37's with nearly 100kg fuel onboard. And It's not like Ferrari were pushing the engine either.

And? Doing 1:36's with 85 kg of fuel is both fast and normal, but nothing earth-shattering. I mean, Charles was doing 1:37's with nearly 100kg fuel onboard. And It's not like Ferrari were pushing the engine either.
    I know...but Vasseur seems to think otherwise. I'm just the messenger.

Charles's actual race sim vs Max's not a race sim.

Charles can brake much later, so the strong braking potency of last year's SF23 is carried over, and faster in minimum speed of turns: 5,6,7,10,11 and 13. Tyre deg looks worse, simply cause Charles had more fuel onboard, as he was doing proper race sim.

And before anyone else says anything, I'm not hyping up the SF24. I'm simply highlighting what the telemetry is saying.

https://twitter.com/Franck8819/statu...89449789813114

You know what Fred was thinking?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHG2VfoX...=jpg&name=orig

Charles's actual race sim vs Max's not a race sim.

Charles can brake much later, so the strong braking potency of last year's SF23 is carried over, and faster in minimum speed of turns: 5,6,7,10,11 and 13. Tyre deg looks worse, simply cause Charles had more fuel onboard, as he was doing proper race sim.

And before anyone else says anything, I'm not hyping up the SF24. I'm simply highlighting what the telemetry is saying.

https://twitter.com/Franck8819/statu...89449789813114
    It may just be Max was doing heavy lift and coast. I really wouldn't read much to this testing stuff. We know, we are not at the back of the field. The rest will be unveiled in few days.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It may just be Max was doing heavy lift and coast. I really wouldn't read much to this testing stuff. We know, we are not at the back of the field. The rest will be unveiled in few days.
    But we're also "assuming" that the Red Bull is ahead. There is no real world data to prove it. But the data in the telemetry aren't some assumptions though.

I also expect the RB to be ahead, with a very small advantage over Ferrari. But that's just my assumption and not based on any conclusive data.

I also heard one of the commentators, I don't know who it was or what day it was because I forgot already, that Max was going to try to break Pedro de la Rosa's RACE record in a Mclaren in 2005 of a 1:31.447 on this specific track.

I also heard one of the commentators, I don't know who it was or what day it was because I forgot already, that Max was going to try to break Pedro de la Rosa's record in a Mclaren in 2005 of a 1:31.447 on this specific track.
    You heard it from Will Buxton. But both Davidson and Palmer rubbished it off.

And I'm going to do that as well: that track record will not be beaten.

You heard it from Will Buxton. But both Davidson and Palmer rubbished it off.

And I'm going to do that as well: that track record will not be beaten.
    Thanks. I believe one of them(Davidson or Palmer) said that when Pedro set that lap RACE record, the track was fresh and had been rubbered in which is why Pedro de la Rosa still hold that RACE lap record to this day.

Relax guys . Everything we or others say now is just WORDS in the air !!!!!
    In just 1 week we will have our true answers. And even then this will be just the 1st outcome . Then we will start the development race that will last till September / October .
    So keep your strengths foe another long journey!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And do you believe that Vasseur was being honest to the press?
    What would that benefit ?

I am really curious.

Maybe you should consider that the team IS hiding things and not just your team (being RBR). I am just the messenger.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

And do you believe that Vasseur was being honest to the press?
    What would that benefit ?

I am really curious.

Maybe you should consider that the team IS hiding things and not just your team (being RBR). I am just the messenger.
    Maybe we should just wait?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pre season enforcing of testing rules for track drain covers should be a priority at all tracks. This is F-1 were talking about! Drivers safety should be #1 priority.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/g...rain-analysis/

Gary Anderson says Ferrari is simultaneously the best team and not the best team during testing... lmao...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

That sounds spontaneous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Maybe we should just wait?
    I have been saying that all along.

Has anyone explained RB's 1 second advantage on day one? Is it possible that they realised they had such a big advantage over the field after day one that they turned things down dramatically for the rest of the test to mask their advantage?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Has anyone explained RB's 1 second advantage on day one? Is it possible that they realised they had such a big advantage over the field after day one that they turned things down dramatically for the rest of the test to mask their advantage?
    No hard data but they and Merc are 2 team that very confident during testing .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Ive being hearing such things for years now !!!
    WHY do they need to hide something that they have allready show ???
    Like in season. In 1 race they win by 30s , the next by 5 and the explanation is that they hiding.And again in the 3d race they win again by 25s !!!! Why they need to hide their potential in SOME races ???? Do they fool anyone ???
    And now . ALL THE WORLD saying that they are miles away . WHats the point to run very low ?? They are not fooling no one !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    No hard data but they and Merc are 2 team that very confident during testing .
    Did you notice on what tire that was achieved on Day 1? In fact, RedBulls [cough] [cough] "best" times were achieved on the medium tire and "possibly" on the 3rd day with 85kg of fuel.

Ferrari's "best" times were achieved on the red tire.