Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB20 is a complete car for Quali + Race. Last year RB19 was a race car. This year it’s different.

At the same time I wouldn’t say Ferrari lost its one lap pace, but they aren’t able to switch then new tyres on.

Not a great weekend for Ferrari, don’t know everytime it happens for this team only.
    Yeah a lot of points could be lost this weekend. Fred is clearly not happy since yesterday . This is the only reason i feel bad when Bearman only P11

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB20 is a complete car for Quali + Race. Last year RB19 was a race car. This year it’s different.

At the same time I wouldn’t say Ferrari lost its one lap pace, but they aren’t able to switch then new tyres on.

Not a great weekend for Ferrari, don’t know everytime it happens for this team only.
    Will we ever be able to do things like RB, and we are a company that builds racing cars and the sell energy drinks

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    It feels difficult to drive on new tyres...another Ferrari masterpiece
    Quiet now troll?
    Forza Ferrari

As for tyre problem, this is my opinion: It could be that SF-24 is so good and gently tp tyre (to improve degradation) that only 1 outlap is not enough to remove the outermost layer of tyre - which is very slippery. And then only at the 2nd or 3rd lap that the most grippy layer of tyre can be used .

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Will we ever be able to do things like RB, and we are a company that builds racing cars and the sell energy drinks
    Supposedly, the commentators and media said that teams copied the RB19 from a sidepod and suspension standpoint (front and rear) during testing.....well, you're already a year behind when you copy last years dominant car.

RedBull is thinking forward while everyone else is copying...hence we're at where we are at the moment. And that's because RedBull had a deficit to develop the RB20 car than everyone else.

Ferrari have been beaten in the past by other teams that don't sell production cars. Want a list of teams that have beaten Ferrari F1 in there own game that don't sell production cars?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I want Ferrari to maximize our chances tomorrow. I don't want Charles to end up outside the podium because of problems beyond his control.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I want Ferrari to maximize our chances tomorrow. I don't want Charles to end up outside the podium because of problems beyond his control.
    I'm so nervous with both Charles and Bearman tomorrow. I don't want to predict bold result but only hope everything went well and we can score point to keep P2 in WCC

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Supposedly, the commentators and media said that teams copied the RB19 from a sidepod and suspension standpoint (front and rear) during testing.....well, you're already a year behind when you copy last years dominant car.

RedBull is thinking forward while everyone else is copying...hence we're at where we are at the moment. And that's because RedBull had a deficit to develop the RB20 car than everyone else.

Ferrari have been beaten in the past by other teams that don't sell production cars. Want a list of teams that have beaten Ferrari F1 in there own game that don't sell production cars?
    Yeah mate I know, but this need to end.

VERY LOW speeds for Lec ???????!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Do we know what happened to the Haas? Why it stopped and what the issue is related to?

false, Ferrari didn't copy. Opposite suspension layout in rear of car.

You need to up that post quality here.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Do we know what happened to the Haas? Why it stopped and what the issue is related to?
    judging by how far down Leclerc was on top speed, i'm thinking we must have turned down the engine because of this. But then again, we have had lower top speed all weekend.

Having a tyre advantage helps a lot here for the safety cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    false, Ferrari didn't copy. Opposite suspension layout in rear of car.

You need to up that post quality here.
    RedBull style cooling inlet.

RedBull style cooling inlet.
    your post said suspension and sidepods.

also, Mcclaren produces road cars, as has Williams also to some degree.

Still, one of the special things Ferrari has done was mimic the ride height and anti dive characteristics while not copying the exact suspension layout.

Also, sidepods are overrated in this era of F1 car.

your post said suspension and sidepods.

also, Mcclaren produces road cars, as has Williams also to some degree.

Still, one of the special things Ferrari has done was mimic the ride height and anti dive characteristics while not copying the exact suspension layout.

Also, sidepods are overrated in this era of F1 car.
    I was speaking in a general sense when I said "teams."

Teams that have beaten Ferrari F1 that have NOT produced production cars-->Cooper, Brabham, Tyrrell and Williams.

Great job by Bearman who barely missed out on Q3 after only learning he would be driving a few hours before. Looking forward seeing his performance in the race tomorrow.

I was speaking in a general sense when I said "teams."

Teams that have beaten Ferrari F1 that have NOT produced production cars-->Cooper, Brabham, Tyrrell and Williams.
    Williams does have a road car division, or atleast had, however small it is/was.

You should have been more careful on a Ferrari board mate. It's common knowledge that Ferrari has a different rear suspension that they were highly criticized for NOT copying Red Bull.

Williams does have a road car division, or atleast had, however small it is/was.

You should have been more careful on a Ferrari board mate. It's common knowledge that Ferrari has a different rear suspension that they were highly criticized for NOT copying Red Bull.
    I am aware of Ferrari's rear suspension for not copying RedBull in 2024.

I am also aware of Ferrari not copying the split-turbo design of the Mercedes engine of which Honda and Renault have copied since 2017.

Oh, I forgot that BRM and BrawnGP were 2 other F1 teams that beat Ferrari F1 that didn't make production cars...fyi mate.

Out of curiosity, please name me the production car that Williams F1 made. Not engineered or designed but physically made.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 9th March 2024 at 03:49.

In formula1 copying has a limited time span.Aston Martin virtually cloned the Red bull last year and we know how all that ended for Aston Martin.The problem with copying is you have peaked with the copy and the original just keeps on evolving. I Strongly believe Ferrari has built a great platform with the current spec car and watching it evolve will be interesting this year.As always expect the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    In formula1 copying has a limited time span.Aston Martin virtually cloned the Red bull last year and we know how all that ended for Aston Martin.The problem with copying is you have peaked with the copy and the original just keeps on evolving. I Strongly believe Ferrari has built a great platform with the current spec car and watching it evolve will be interesting this year.As always expect the unexpected.
    Copy is almost imposible since they can't measure exact dimension of parts so they can only copy their ideas and have to develop themself . I think the only way to copy and produce as good car as the top team is spygate that help Mclaren fighting in 2007 2008 .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Charles pretty much extracted the maximum out of the car to split the otherwise dominant RB.
    Also glad to see the new guy doing very well, considering that it was literally his first day in a F1 car. Hopefully he'll have more opportunities in the future

Carlos Sainz is already on the track, 24 hours after surgery (appendicitis). Elkann was also present in Jeddah. The presence of Oliver Mintzlaff is confirmed at Red Bull, having arrived together with Marko, with whom he had an important conversation in the hotel.

Commitment from Saniz is extraordinary. Good to see him back.

I am aware of Ferrari's rear suspension for not copying RedBull in 2024.

I am also aware of Ferrari not copying the split-turbo design of the Mercedes engine of which Honda and Renault have copied since 2017.

Oh, I forgot that BRM and BrawnGP were 2 other F1 teams that beat Ferrari F1 that didn't make production cars...fyi mate.

Out of curiosity, please name me the production car that Williams F1 made. Not engineered or designed but physically made.
    Williams is a technicality I am aware. But you can Google Williams Grand Prix Engineering and read about all their projects. Whether they actually got to market is another story.

Hey look, there's a lot of people here who have to improve their post quality around here, but being a non-Tifosi on a Ferrari forum, you're going to have a lot of eyes on you when you post those mistakes.

also, you forgot Benneton too, babe

Hey look, there's a lot of people here who have to improve their post quality around here, but being a non-Tifosi on a Ferrari forum, you're going to have a lot of eyes on you when you post those mistakes.
    What "mistakes" are your referring too?

Your entitled to your own opinion. I could say the same as well can't I?......it's best you keep whom you regard as being a "non-tifosi" on a Ferrari forum to yourself as well as I....capisce?

What "mistakes" are your referring too?

Your entitled to your own opinion. I could say the same as well can't I?......it's best you keep whom you regard as being a "non-tifosi" on a Ferrari forum to yourself as well as I....capisce?
    mistakes? you just said Ferrari copied Red Bull rear suspension!

mistakes? you just said Ferrari copied Red Bull rear suspension!
    Prove it!!! Your the one that's mistaken.