Charles does his best lap: 1"31.931

Come on Olli Bearman!

CL FL

Charles fastest Lap and Ollie p7

Charles P3 with the FL

Beaman P7 on his debut. What a drive.

Fastest lap Charles!! 🤙
    Andiamo!

Charles fastest lap on the last lap? Heh? Why didn't we at least try to push Perez as he had 5sec penalty? Nevermind... Podium and great job from Mr. Bear!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Best we could do barring issues with the RB!

Good effort all round!

I really don't understand why Ferrari signed Hamilton tbh.

It should be BEARMAN

Didn't watch due to Saudi + Firstappen but a massively good job by Oliver under very difficult circumstances. Charles did his job but it's clear the car needs a lot more downforce and quickly.

Not going to buy a subscription for the equivalent of 65 USD/month at this point for sure. Might as well throw the money into the Baltic Sea instead...

Bearman was impressove
    Charles consistent P3

As i predicted before this season is gonna look like 2020 but instead of HAM BOT VER we have VER PER LEC now

Charles said on the radio that he struggled with consistency during the middle stint. They are gonna check it later.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

It should be BEARMAN
    Politics mate and of course PR

It should be BEARMAN
    Money, publicity and marketing. Ferrari gained so much by having Hamilton.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quite good result .
    Lec's fastest lap saw that we have the speed. Ves also tried to set the FL byt come 0.1 sort. Not saying that we are faster , but it looks to me that , maybe we run more conservative on the race ??? Maybe from what happened to Hul ???
    Lets see what will come next .
    Bearman was FANTASTIC !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Quite good result .
    Lec's fastest lap saw that we have the speed. Ves also tried to set the FL byt come 0.1 sort. Not saying that we are faster , but it looks to me that , maybe we run more conservative on the race ??? Maybe from what happened to Hul ???
    Lets see what will come next .
    Bearman was FANTASTIC !!!!!!
    I think we should be faster with lower drag but then the degradation could be a lot worse then

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Money, publicity and marketing. Ferrari gained so much by having Hamilton.
    +1

Signing Hamilton was not to win races. I've said this before.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1

Signing Hamilton was not to win races. I've said this before.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    If it brings Newey/few other big names to Ferrari, then I'm all for it. But if not, then I don't understand.

I like Lewis and always paid respect to his immense talent. But he's old and not getting younger. Bearman on the other hand is young and extremely talented.

So, yeah. I know Lewis signing Ferrari has destabilized F1 paddock but it's not making Ferrari stronger, but if he attracts some good names, then ok.

So at the end of day we finished 18.639 seconds behind Max and only 4.996 seconds behind Checo (with his 5 seconds penalty).

People can say whatever they like, but this is a massive improvement. Considering how much poor we were here last year.

Incredible job by the Scuderia. But we need to bring some upgrades asap and close the gap to the Red Bull.

If it brings Newey/few other big names to Ferrari, then I'm all for it. But if not, then I don't understand.

I like Lewis and always paid respect to his immense talent. But he's old and not getting younger. Bearman on the other hand is young and extremely talented.

So, yeah. I know Lewis signing Ferrari has destabilized F1 paddock but it's not making Ferrari stronger, but if he attracts some good names, then ok.
    It definitely seems like Russell has Hamilton's number now. However I think looking at the bigger picture like you say with Hamilton, he can bring more than just what he does behind the wheel, which is Mercedes personnel and also Red Bull because they are UK based and we have a British driver next season will influence decisions. Clearly Fred wants the top talent from rival teams and he's getting the O.K to go and get them

Personally i have the feeling that Ham is not coming just as a driver to try and get the championship with Ferrari. Of corse if the opportunity arises he will take it no questions asked. BUT the "deal" ,especially, from Vasseur prospective is the "package" that comes with Ham , and the PR things , the followers and social , the team value etc. As for the driver prospective , im pretty sure that the team still consider Lec to be their driver to try and win the championship .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Personally i have the feeling that Ham is not coming just as a driver to try and get the championship with Ferrari. Of corse if the opportunity arises he will take it no questions asked. BUT the "deal" ,especially, from Vasseur prospective is the "package" that comes with Ham , and the PR things , the followers and social , the team value etc. As for the driver prospective , im pretty sure that the team still consider Lec to be their driver to try and win the championship .
    Unfortunately Lewis' social following is an extreme collection of strange people who prioritise simping over the team, it's not something you really want to be associated with but it is what it is

Lewis will not touch Charles. He's way past his prime and doesn't have that raw pace he once had.

Alonso is also the same, but he has Stroll as his teammate instead of someone like Russell, so he's looking better than he actually his.

Great effort by Oliver Bearmen - P7 on debut & good drive by Leclerc-P3 to bring some points.

I guess Ferrari were conservative going with loaded set up to protect the tyres. In a way it’s giving advantage over rest of the pack but we are loosing top speed over RB whenever leclerc qualifies front row it’s a problem. He can neither attack nor defend.

I assume engineers in the factory are trying to understand strength & weakness of the car as it’s just 2nd race of the season before they bring up upgrades which improves performance & take fight with Perez atleast.

So at the end of day we finished 18.639 seconds behind Max and only 4.996 seconds behind Checo (with his 5 seconds penalty).

People can say whatever they like, but this is a massive improvement. Considering how much poor we were here last year.

Incredible job by the Scuderia. But we need to bring some upgrades asap and close the gap to the Red Bull.
    How is the pace compare to RB ? I feel like the car is very good in long run but it just lacking the ultimate speed

So there are few modes Ferrari use during the race.

Mode: race, the most optimized mode for the race.

Mode: TS, probably low power mode but I'm not sure.

K1: Probably the overtaking mode, aka the highest power band mode.

K2: Not as powerful as the K1, but better than mode race.

Mode: ABS for tyres, probably reduces the wheel spin and improves tyre life.

Engine 4 and Torque 4: the lowest power mode available.

Whenever Charles used mode: race, he's laptimes were very good. Especially in the first two sectors. But most of the race he didn't bother with it, probably cause Perez is long gone and it would push the engine, plus he had no one to challenge him from behind.

He never used K1 once, only used K2 after during the restart.

So Mercedes has Kimi Antonelli as their rookie driver whom is up-and-coming.

Ferrari has Ollie Bearman as their rookie driver.

Advantage Ferrari I say.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Only RB can run with such set up & still able to produce high top speed. None others can do that.