Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s what I mean, we should have kept Sainz for 2025, booted Leclerc and instead of bringing in us,ess hamster, get someone like pastri or Norris
    You need to improve you post quality. These are low quality, rookie posts.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Great effort from Sainz and for Charles he just couldn't find the balance today. Tomorrow is another day and our race pace looked competitive.
    Lec starting behind Mclaren. He will finish behind Perez at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You need to improve you post quality. These are low quality, rookie posts.
    Whatever mate…results are clear, Sainz > than Leclerc…when it matters, your idol chokes. What else is new

That’s what I mean, we should have kept Sainz for 2025, booted Leclerc and instead of bringing in us,ess hamster, get someone like pastri or Norris
    I would still keep Leclerc IMO.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Whatever mate…results are clear, Sainz > than Leclerc…when it matters, your idol chokes. What else is new
    What result ? Today qualifying decides everything ?

Sainz > Leclerc when it matters ? Like in 2022 when we have race winning cars and Sainz was struggling massively ?

we will see in the race

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Sainz > Leclerc when it matters ? Like in 2022 when we have race winning cars and Sainz was struggling massively ?
    it's a low quality post, i'm sorry you had to witness this sub par post quality

LEC: "I lost the feeling with the car already halfway through FP3, it just got worse in Qualifying and I couldn't maximise the result. Yesterday the car felt very good on the front, but this morning in FP3 already that feeling was gone. I tried something a bit extreme, adding more flap during Qualifying, but it was maybe too aggressive of a choice because the car ended up feeling really bad in the last run. Maybe I should have settled for P3, but I just wanted to try to get the feeling back."
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Hamilton is NOT going to make Ferrari go faster. The guy is a diva. His time is literally up.
    If he brings Newey with him then yes it probably will make us faster.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari focus is closing in on red bull this is happening.The race is tomorrow Charles will move up quickly it should a exiting race.Always in f1 expect the unexpected.

Sainz still feeling unwell beats Charles? What? What is CL doing?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Wishful thinking.

Go ahead and believe all the hype stories coming out of the RedBull camp regarding the drama of unknown texts from unknown sources about Horner. The media have so call stories to sell or more social media views.

Newey, and family, is staying with RedBull to include Horner.

Exactly! LH move to Ferrari is not getting the best possible driver. How I see it, is that LH is going to be very high bargain chip for Ferrari to get, as you said AN and other high value tech people. Also to bring back power to Ferrari as they had it during Todt, Brawn Schumacher era.

Anyway , third GP in a row the SF-24 couldn't improve in Q3 . This problem need to be fixed

now we need the penalty to Perez to have a race here
    not really, chico is getting a penalty. Norris is easy pickings.
    Gasly gets a reprimand for crossing the white line.

What do you think Perez is going to get a penalty for again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Anyway , third GP in a row the SF-24 couldn't improve in Q3 . This problem need to be fixed
    Yup it’s seems the current issue for Ferrari.

Either its prep lap or build to Q3 isn’t going well.

Your posts are making me laugh 😆.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    LEC: "Sorry guys. The car was very difficult to drive. Went from understeer to oversteer, I don't know why, what happened."

All hope for a win is over , the only time Charles's car is okay is Saudi when Sainz doesn't there
    This is very disappointing from Ferrari. We start with a hooked up car on Friday and we end quali with a car that is difficult to drive!

Wishful thinking.

Go ahead and believe all the hype stories coming out of the RedBull camp regarding the drama of unknown texts from unknown sources about Horner. The media have so call stories to sell or more social media views.

Newey, and family, is staying with RedBull to include Horner.
    You will be hoping your beloved Red Bull team does not fall apart.
    Forza Ferrari

All the hype on here about Leclerc and he gets schooled by his teammate
    Maybe Ferrari is getting RID of the wrong driver for 2025….��
    Getting rid of Carlos for Lewis will never make sense. How do supposedly clever people make a decision like this?

As for Carlos vs Charles, it's absolutely crazy that Carlos came from the operating bench to beat Charles. Charles is my favourite but I must admit, his star has been growing dimmer and dimmer with each passing season. We've been hopeful that he will mature into a great driver but it's honestly taking much longer than it should. He's very talented but he's not showing signs of greatness. Carlos is proving to be the more mature and dependable driver of the two.

You will be hoping your beloved Red Bull team does not fall apart.
    Nice try. RedBull already did an investigation into the matter. The Thai family owning 51% of RedBull give their 100% support of Horner. It's shut and closed. The "victim" has been let go or more bluntly fired.

And I think LEC is not gonna have good time tommorow , McLaren pace is only 0.1 sec slower than us and that make overtaking them a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly! LH move to Ferrari is not getting the best possible driver. How I see it, is that LH is going to be very high bargain chip for Ferrari to get, as you said AN and other high value tech people. Also to bring back power to Ferrari as they had it during Todt, Brawn Schumacher era.
    This argument still doesn't make sense to me.

Nice try. RedBull already did an investigation into the matter. The Thai family owning 51% of RedBull give their 100% support of Horner. It's shut and closed. The "victim" has been let go or more bluntly fired.
    The way Red Bull have handled this situation and treated the victim is so tragic, I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    The way Red Bull have handled this situation and treated the victim is so tragic, I have no words.
    I think RedBull did their due diligence into the matter and found nothing to arbitrarily connect Honer with these alleged text messages coming from an unknown source....and rightfully so that the victim should have been fired from the organization.

Fred Vasseur's reaction to
    @SkySportF1
    after qualifying in Melbourne.

- "The goal was to take pole position and the conditions were right for our approach. Something was missing in Q3, but I want to be optimistic for tomorrow's race thanks to what we showed in the long runs."

- "I think there is still a gap with Red Bull, but if we want to try to catch up with them, there is no other way than to push to the extreme. Charles tried and we cannot not criticize him for that."

- "It will be crucial not to destroy the tires in the first few laps, otherwise the overall performance will inevitably be affected during the race. In free practice we managed to minimize the graining problem and I hope we can make some progress even tomorrow. Sunday will be long and we will have to think exclusively about our action plan."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    This argument still doesn't make sense to me.
    Look at the greater picture... Sometimes it needs time. For example, JT come to Ferrari in 1993 and won only in 2000.

Charles Leclerc's reaction to @SkySportF1 after his P5 in qualifying in Melbourne.

- "We perhaps underestimated the power of the Red Bull during qualifying and FP3. So pole would have been difficult, but I didn't exploit the car to the maximum, that's clear. I didn't do a good job in FP3 and I lost the feeling with the car. But I still managed to get a lap in and I was confident that that feeling would come back in qualifying. Instead, I I lost even more."

- "The best thing we can do now is focus on tomorrow and hope that the race pace allows us to regain our position. Yesterday the front was very good, this morning we lost it a little and in qualifying a lot more. In the last run I was very aggressive with the front flap, but we probably went in the wrong direction. I wanted to try, but in hindsight I probably should have stuck with the third place and stay in front. I wanted to try something, but I was too aggressive."

- "There are four DRS zones, so tomorrow everything is possible. We will see, but the race pace is not bad, so the podium is always the goal. In reality, victory is difficult to achieve, even in starting second as Carlos will. I think Red Bull's pace is better than ours, barring a surprise tomorrow."

Carlos Sainz's reaction in the media after his P2 in qualifying in Melbourne.

- "It's been a really tough few weeks. I even stayed in bed for a few days, but in the end I managed to be there and today I'm even on the front lines. When I saw that I was in the first positions in qualifying, I almost didn't believe it, it was really hard, but I'm really very satisfied and happy to fight the Red Bulls."

- “At the start yesterday I was a bit rusty, but then I managed to get some speed back and get my rhythm back and I feel really good in the car.”

- "I'm not going to lie, I'm not really in perfect condition when I'm riding, but I think I can do the whole race. And as long as I can do it, without too much pain... It's It's clear that it's difficult, uncomfortable, but I'm not in too much pain and I'm going to push as much as I can."