Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    LEC: "I lost the feeling with the car already halfway through FP3, it just got worse in Qualifying and I couldn't maximise the result. Yesterday the car felt very good on the front, but this morning in FP3 already that feeling was gone. I tried something a bit extreme, adding more flap during Qualifying, but it was maybe too aggressive of a choice because the car ended up feeling really bad in the last run. Maybe I should have settled for P3, but I just wanted to try to get the feeling back."
    Like I said already, he has been on the front row in the last 8 races. We fans can't always expect him to deliver 100% everytime.

Sainz is P2 for tomorrow's race and we should be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    The way Red Bull have handled this situation and treated the victim is so tragic, I have no words.
    What I don't agree with are how women are viewed in the Thailand culture where the family owning RedBull comes from. It sucks but that's their society and culture hence why RedBull got rid of the victim partly because she is a woman but mostly because of the drama she caused.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

@Fred__18
    The pole time was also there for the Ferrari : in the last heart-in-mouth attempt for a (however heroic!) Sainz , the Spaniard forced too much in the change of 9-10, it can be seen clearly, leaving over 3 and a half tenths at that point. Maximum advantage for Sainz in the lap almost 2 tenths. The SF24 gave the impression of being the best car on the track for long stretches, while the RB20 suffered from understeer in T3, despite being very fast on a straight line. It took a SUPER Verstappen to get out (what a phenomenon...), with a track that in Q3 met the RedBull rubber. Max's first lap in Q3 made the difference because with a time like that he pushed the others to go beyond the limit. It's a shame for Leclerc , who exaggerated a bit and ended up P5, wasting some chances for success. Verstappen is the official favorite for the race, but it shouldn't be taken for granted at all, given the excellent Ferrari pace and the management of the graining of the Red Bull which seemed so-so, but it will depend a lot on the conditions and how the tires react under full load of fuel, in addition to the various Safety etc very frequent in Melbourne.
    Look like a dream team is coming

Getting rid of Carlos for Lewis will never make sense. How do supposedly clever people make a decision like this?

As for Carlos vs Charles, it's absolutely crazy that Carlos came from the operating bench to beat Charles. Charles is my favourite but I must admit, his star has been growing dimmer and dimmer with each passing season. We've been hopeful that he will mature into a great driver but it's honestly taking much longer than it should. He's very talented but he's not showing signs of greatness. Carlos is proving to be the more mature and dependable driver of the two.
    It’s literally surprise to see all of them here are against leclerc now 😂.

Such post didn’t exist when he was P2 in Bahrain/Jeddah.

People forget easily 2022 first half of the season where schooled max. When was the last time Sainz has done that?

SF24 is a solid car with good base. But we need to be aggressive with our updates. We need to bring them more frequently, as Red Bull did back in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    SF24 is a solid car with good base. But we need to be aggressive with our updates. We need to bring them more frequently, as Red Bull did back in 2022
    Yes this is the mentality that Vasseur is trying to bring back right now . The team's confident had been destroyed with mistake-punishment policy from previous managements

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s literally surprise to see all of them here are against leclerc now .

Such post didn’t exist when he was P2 in Bahrain/Jeddah.

People forget easily 2022 first half of the season where schooled max. When was the last time Sainz has done that?
    Yeah, it's funny isn't it. I mean, he is the only non Red Bull runner up in this current Red Bull domination era. Sainz isn't even finished inside the Top 4 in his entire career.

But Charles qualified P5 today and all of a sudden he's trash.

With so called "fans" like these, who needs enemies.

Yes this is the mentality that Vasseur is trying to bring back right now . The team's confident had been destroyed with mistake-punishment policy from previous managements
    I know. That is why I wanted someone outside of Ferrari, who hasn't been touched by Ferrari's culture of blame game, to lead this team.

But Elkann and Vegna still worries me.

I'm feeling quietly optimistic for a Ferrari win and both cars on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I know. That is why I wanted someone outside of Ferrari, who hasn't been touched by Ferrari's culture of blame game, to lead this team.

But Elkann and Vegna still worries me.
    I think Elkann is gradually learning from his past mistake , Vasseur is doing pretty well since seccond half of 2023 . Elkan is also helping Vasseur to sign RB engineers so let's wait .

OFFICIAL: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) gains a place on the grid and will start P4 tomorrow in Melbourne.

Sergio Pérez (P3) is penalized three places on the grid.

OFFICIAL: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) gains a place on the grid and will start P4 tomorrow in Melbourne.

Sergio Pérez (P3) is penalized three places on the grid.
    But Norris is a threat to Leclerc.

Interesting thing is these McLarens give way to Max-RB easily, but when it’s ferrari they tend to do all joker things.

If Leclerc can clear Norris at start & Carlos can maintain pace with Max. There’s a real race tomorrow because in FP3 I’ve seen RB suffering with front left tyre graining & on top of it with their skinny rear wing. It will interesting race tomorrow.

Hope Carlos & Leclerc don’t fight each other & make a easy way for Max.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But Norris is a threat to Leclerc.

Interesting thing is these McLarens give way to Max-RB easily, but when it’s ferrari they tend to do all joker things.

If Leclerc can clear Norris at start & Carlos can maintain pace with Max. There’s a real race tomorrow because in FP3 I’ve seen RB suffering with front left tyre graining & on top of it with their skinny rear wing. It will interesting race tomorrow.

Hope Carlos & Leclerc don’t fight each other & make a easy way for Max.
    Yes i hope we will fighting like Singapore last year and drive home a victory . I'll die if our Charlos fighting each other

Carlos 2nd pl. !!! Ahead of Perez !!!!!! Great quali for FERRARI !!!! Go Sainz !!!!!

@FUnoAT : Ultimately a fact. It could also be that during the last free practice session the technicians decided to modify the set-up of the two Ferraris , perhaps moving the balance towards the rear of the SF-24 , convinced that they would obtain an even more stable aerodynamic platform. An aspect that may have taken away some of the feeling from the steering wheel, with a less "pointing" front which was consequently less solid than expected. Also in this case the hypothesis must be confirmed by the analyzes of the case that the men in red are undoubtedly already carrying out to understand what actually happened.

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...sseur-mel.html

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Nice try. RedBull already did an investigation into the matter. The Thai family owning 51% of RedBull give their 100% support of Horner. It's shut and closed. The "victim" has been let go or more bluntly fired.
    I believe she was suspended and has appealed the investigation....so not quite over as you seem to pray for.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Ufffff, very optimistic

Gasly gets a reprimand for crossing the white line.

What do you think Perez is going to get a penalty for again?
    The Chico penalty has been confirmed, appears I'm correct again....

Please stop it with the gotchas, i've been right on all occaisions.

Instead, focus on upping your post quality.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ufffff, very optimistic
    Maybe .... maybe not

Getting rid of Carlos for Lewis will never make sense. How do supposedly clever people make a decision like this?

As for Carlos vs Charles, it's absolutely crazy that Carlos came from the operating bench to beat Charles. Charles is my favourite but I must admit, his star has been growing dimmer and dimmer with each passing season. We've been hopeful that he will mature into a great driver but it's honestly taking much longer than it should. He's very talented but he's not showing signs of greatness. Carlos is proving to be the more mature and dependable driver of the two.
    Finally someone agrees with me on this….

According to telemetries , as @FUnoAT , @FDataAnalysis and @Fred__18 , Sainz was having Pole before turn 9-10 then he made a mistake at turn 10 which cost him around 0.35 sec .

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I believe she was suspended and has appealed the investigation....so not quite over as you seem to pray for.
    Pray? Again, your misguided intentions fall waaaaay short.

Good luck with that appeal!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Finally someone agrees with me on this….
    You realize when it comes to qualifying, Leclerc has had 7 consecutive front rows. It ended yesterday.

I thought Checo would get a reprimand for crossing the white line. I missed Checo impeding Nico.

Your redbull team is imploding
    Forza Ferrari

@FUnoAT : Ultimately a fact. It could also be that during the last free practice session the technicians decided to modify the set-up of the two Ferraris , perhaps moving the balance towards the rear of the SF-24 , convinced that they would obtain an even more stable aerodynamic platform. An aspect that may have taken away some of the feeling from the steering wheel, with a less "pointing" front which was consequently less solid than expected. Also in this case the hypothesis must be confirmed by the analyzes of the case that the men in red are undoubtedly already carrying out to understand what actually happened.

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...sseur-mel.html
    Fantastic. Ferrari still sabotaging themselves. That means the race pace can be worse as well as they can't change it now due to parc ferme.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Pirelli raised the front tyre pressures by +1 psi before FP3. The loss of front end feel today (particularly for Leclerc) *could* be a result of this change. The car seemed to lack the *directness* in the high speed it had from Friday sessions.

Now i'm pushing for maFIA conspiracy lol , sabotaging Red Bull's oppoment when they're strong .

GJXHU_nXYAAbLt4.png

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Your redbull team is imploding
    ...You want RedBull to implode to wholeheartedly believe the smut coming out of the media. You need Newey to make Ferrari "go faster" which in essence you have implied Ferrari isn't fast enough thereby downplaying Ferrari's future.

Not my team btw....for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 23rd March 2024 at 14:53.

Another potential factor is the change of beam wing today. From the twin beam to a single beam. It's unclear whether this change was made before FP3 or qualifying.

I think we should simply accept the fact that Sainz has done a better job today and him being P2 is a very good result. We should be happy that Ferrari will start the race from P2 and P4.

We should also acknowledge the fact that Charles is a human. Likewise, we can't always expect him to deliver every single time. Sometimes he will struggle.

Those of us who had followed him through the junior formula's know how special he is, Ferrari knows how special he is, few people think he is "overrated", well let them. We are living in a free world after all.

I'm expecting Charles to finish behind Max tomorrow. We've improved quite a lot but still not there yet.