Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Race - Ferrari 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No. I'm not worried about Newey coming to Ferrari because it's not going to happen.

I would rather see Ferrari beat RedBull with Newey due to their progress within themselves. It's more admirable imo.
    Another comment that makes no sense, why should Ferrari not try and hire the best people? Are you not a firm believer that Ferrari hiring Italians is a bad thing?
    Forza Ferrari

Great team result! A win in the first 3 races is amazing. Carlos gave an exceptional performance today. His drive was top class! I hope he wins a few more this season.

Well done to Charles as well. Finishing 2nd despite him struggling is commendable.

When does Perez's contract come to an end? Could he get replaced by Carlos in 2025?

🇦🇺 | Lando Norris experienced significant tire graining towards the end of the race. Despite having fresher rubber than Leclerc in his last stint, it didn't bother him much. While he managed to set a few fast laps on lap 19, he struggled to maintain a consistently fast pace.

VIA: [SmilexTech]

If we can fix the Q3 issue then SF-24 would become a rocketship ! Tyre degradation of this car is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Another comment that makes no sense, why should Ferrari not try and hire the best people? Are you not a firm believer that Ferrari hiring Italians is a bad thing?
    Another comment that makes no sense.

Are all Ferrari F1 dept. personell Italians?

Ever heard of Ducati? Are they not all Italians? Don't they race Ducati bikes very successfully?

How bout the 499P in WEC after a 50 year hiatus from WEC? Isn't the car built by "Italians"? Doesn't AFCorsa have Italian drivers.

You always come across as condescending. If you say I have a comment that makes no sense then I can say you have a comment that makes no sense.....it's all.personal ones narrative.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I slept like a baby with the i-2 under my pillow! A very encouraging start to our season so far by the team and our two drivers, with special recognition to CS for coming back so well after his operation. Sustaining the projected development in the program and hopefully their positive effectiveness will keep us pushing (faltering?) RB and maybe we can tie up the CC this year!? Now more than ever continuity will be essential and I do very much still have grave doubts that 2025 musical chairs will benefit our team? Fingers crossed and let's bask in the delight that this win brings! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Another comment that makes no sense.

Are all Ferrari F1 dept. personell Italians?

Ever heard of Ducati? Are they not all Italians? Don't they race Ducati bikes very successfully?

How bout the 499P in WEC after a 50 year hiatus from WEC? Isn't the car built by "Italians"? Doesn't AFCorsa have Italian drivers.

You always come across as condescending. If you say I have a comment that makes no sense then I can say you have a comment that makes no sense.....it's all.personal ones narrative.
    I will go find your posts on the matter, you want Ferrari to move to the UK.
    Forza Ferrari

what a win

Red Bull has these races where they're just no where.

We still need to improve on our consistency race to race and through the progression of a weekend.

Let's see where we are at in Japan.

If we can do a double podium, then let's get the update in Imola and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    A ferrari 1-2 on my birthday is the best gift I could have wished for. I'm ecstatic.
    Haha same here .

Happy BD to you.
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 24th March 2024 at 18:02.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

It was a great win for Sainz just after a couple of weeks of his injury. It would be a great shame if he doesn't get a good seat next year.

just for the record,

getting rid of Sainz is a big mistake imo

IF things don't change with Vasseur like a WDC and WCC title(s), then YES I want Ferrari to move to the U.K. still.

Horner confirms that Max's 1st PU can be re-used again. Max changed PU's for precautionary measures.

With regards to Newey, what's more important to you:

1) Ferrari staying in Maranello to build F1 cars?

2) WDC and WCC titles?

Think we have to give the whole Ferrari team a hand today. Strategy was spot on, Leclerc maximised his race and Carlos drove a great race. Pit stops amazing once again. Just need a bit more speed in the car and we are challenging RB regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    just for the record,

getting rid of Sainz is a big mistake imo
    After seeing the results so far this season a lot of Ferrari fans would be feeling the same.

With regards to Newey, what's more important to you:

1) Ferrari staying in Maranello to build F1 cars?

2) WDC and WCC titles?
    1 and 2 which is why we will continue to try and improve and hire the best to come to Italy. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Forza Ferrari

lots to be positive about

we have updates in the pipeline, and we haven't even maximized what we already have. we still haven't had what i would call a clean weekend.

1 and 2 which is why we will continue to try and improve and hire the best to come to Italy. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Got it. You would rather wait all these years to possibly get Newey(closer to retirement) as opposed to moving to the U.K like 15 years ago and having a better chance at signing Newey while at the U.K.

Got it. You would rather wait all these years to possibly get Newey(closer to retirement) as opposed to moving to the U.K like 15 years ago and having a better chance at signing Newey while at the U.K.
    Being in the UK does not mean you win. Newey being closer to retirement means very little.
    Forza Ferrari

Being in the UK does not mean you win. Newey being closer to retirement means very little.
    But being in the U.K. guarantees you Newey.

You would rather wait and wait and wait till Newey comes to Ferrari and live on the hope mentality as opposed to moving to the U.K. and would have gotten Newey 15 years ago thereby getting more WDC and WCC titles.

But being in the U.K. guarantees you Newey.

You would rather wait and wait and wait till Newey comes to Ferrari and live on the hope mentality as opposed to moving to the U.K. and would have gotten Newey 15 years ago thereby getting more WDC and WCC titles.
    No it does not. You are making up fantasy again. What's your obsession with Newey?
    Forza Ferrari

No it does not. You are making up fantasy again. What's your obsession with Newey?
    You said Newey would make Ferrari faster remember?

You don't think Ferrari F1 being in the U.K. would NOT have gotten Newey 15 years ago? .....fantasy you say.

Whatever dude.

Of course Ferrari would have gotten Newey 15 years IF Ferrari F1 was based in the U.K.

Nope. Ferrari is Ferrari and belongs in Italy. Moving to UK will scrub some of the mystique.
    If Newey wants to work for Ferrari, he will. If not, they have to figure out a way to win without him.
    Like you mentioned, he might just retire, and we have the next best team so far.
    But all additions that add value to the team are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Nope. Ferrari is Ferrari and belongs in Italy. Moving to UK will scrub some of the mystique.
    If Newey wants to work for Ferrari, he will. If not, they have to figure out a way to win without him.
    Like you mentioned, he might just retire, and we have the next best team so far.
    But all additions that add value to the team are welcomed.
    That's my point. Mystique trumps WDC and WCC titles. If Newey doesn't come to Ferrari.....Ferrari can wait for someone else.

I am very much happy for Carlos and Ferrari 1-2. Can 't get better than that but Verstappen had the pace to stay in front of Sainz if not for the brake failure.

Ferrari got the cornering down but still too draggy to stay with the bulls on the straights. They need a something to lessen the damage on the straights. That Red Bull in the hand of Max looked scary from Sainz onboard when DRS opened behind him.

Leclerc needs to figure out what changed when the technicians played around with the balance of the SF-24. Leclerc was having a hard time keeping up with Sainz in the 1st sector, the rest he was fine.

You said Newey would make Ferrari faster remember?

You don't think Ferrari F1 being in the U.K. would NOT have gotten Newey 15 years ago? .....fantasy you say.

Whatever dude.

Of course Ferrari would have gotten Newey 15 years IF Ferrari F1 was based in the U.K.
    Has he worked at every British team then? as said your pullling fantasy. Let's deal with facts.
    Forza Ferrari

That's my point. Mystique trumps WDC and WCC titles. If Newey doesn't come to Ferrari.....Ferrari can wait for someone else.
    Who said that? You can win the WCC and WDC while being headquartered in Italy.
    Ferrari in UK....... may as well paint the cars British Racing Green.
    But seriously. Even being in Italy, they seem to have some decent engineers, because we are doing better than a lot of British teams.
    I would take Italy over Newey.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    After seeing the results so far this season a lot of Ferrari fans would be feeling the same.
    I think we can look ack.and see Leclerc has been the better driver over the last 2,3 years. I think Sainz is a good driver but missing that little bit that would elevate him.to the elite level.
    Let's remember....as Brembo reminds us so often.... even Rubens won a few races and out drove Michael at times.

Who said that? You can win the WCC and WDC while being headquartered in Italy.
    Ferrari in UK....... may as well paint the cars British Racing Green.
    But seriously. Even being in Italy, they seem to have some decent engineers, because we are doing better than a lot of British teams.
    I would take Italy over Newey.
    I agree with this , currently we beat all British-based team except Red Bull . Even Mercedes hiring our guys so it's not necessarily that English engineers are better than Italian engineers

I think we can look ack.and see Leclerc has been the better driver over the last 2,3 years. I think Sainz is a good driver but missing that little bit that would elevate him.to the elite level.
    Let's remember....as Brembo reminds us so often.... even Rubens won a few races and out drove Michael at times.
    yep, and Sainz is better than Rubens was, and Rubens was better than people give him credit for, probably a number 1 at any other team, except against Michael.