Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2024 Australian Grand Prix - Race - Ferrari 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    yep, and Sainz is better than Rubens was, and Rubens was better than people give him credit for, probably a number 1 at any other team, except against Michael.
    DR DEATH MARCO can't help himself instead of congratulations to ferrari all he can talk about is max and the if max this and the if max that,guess what Marco you will never Know.Ferrari are coming Dr Death you know it max knows it so suck it up mate.Being Nervous Marco is normal but as an ageing advisor I advise caution so control your emotions.

if Charles would have won, he'd be leading the championship. if Sainz had raced in Jeddah, Ferrari would be leading the constructors.

we can play the IF game too.

yep, and Sainz is better than Rubens was, and Rubens was better than people give him credit for, probably a number 1 at any other team, except against Michael.
    You mean probably #1 except against Michael, Todt and Ross together! " Let him pass!! "! ! Remember Michaels 3 years @ Merc!! That little bit Sainz is missing is the car! But.... Ferrari is sure looking better! The only thing left for Sr Lewis to accomplish in F1 is to drive for Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No. I'm not worried about Newey coming to Ferrari because it's not going to happen.

I would rather see Ferrari beat RedBull with Newey due to their progress within themselves. It's more admirable imo.
    This answer makes you sound as if you would rather have Newey stay with RBR.
    Then you act like you don't like it when people say you're an RBR supporter in a Ferrari forum.

Tsk tsk...

P.S. Need i refresh your memory to the fact that Newey was not always a RBR employee? Your way of thinking makes zero sense.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

what a win

Red Bull has these races where they're just no where.

We still need to improve on our consistency race to race and through the progression of a weekend.

Let's see where we are at in Japan.

If we can do a double podium, then let's get the update in Imola and see what happens.
    I have all the faith to the team that it's going to be even better for us in Japan.
    Because it's been better and better ever since the start of this WDC.

We need to admit to the fact that Vasseur has been doing some admirable job here. May it continue.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    You mean probably #1 except against Michael, Todt and Ross together! " Let him pass!! "! ! Remember Michaels 3 years @ Merc!! That little bit Sainz is missing is the car! But.... Ferrari is sure looking better! The only thing left for Sr Lewis to accomplish in F1 is to drive for Ferrari !
    DR DEATH MARCO now uses words it would have been a battle,we had the pace to keep up with sainz etc,seems that is his way of saying ferrari you are closing in and fast bring on Suzuka Japan.During the past 2 years those type of words would have never left his mouth because it was not the case and ferrari definitely could not compete with redbull.Time is a wonderful commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I have all the faith to the team that it's going to be even better for us in Japan.
    Because it's been better and better ever since the start of this WDC.

We need to admit to the fact that Vasseur has been doing some admirable job here. May it continue.
    You're not telling me anything new with regards to Newey employment which btw his employers are from the U.K. I have a list of all.of his winning cars.

Yeah, I have the same opinion of people's way of thinking on here. To each his own.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Congrats to both our drivers and the team.
    It feels like a lifetime ago since we had a 1-2 finish

Rubens was good enough that he'd be a 3x WDC for Ferrari if Michael's leg break was too severe to return from. I'm rather certain that a team focused around Rubens would've clinched the 2001 title over Coulthard.

Having said that, being a top five driver back then meant less than now because the cars are able to be driven much closer to the limit for longer periods of time. Berger would be rather close to Senna in qualifying trim these days with much more downforce to play with in the corners where driving skill made a bigger difference. Therefore it's hard to build the gaps in qualifying on team mates you used to be able to make. Now Pérez is not even a top 10 driver, but regularly is as close to Verstappen as Rubens was to his team mate back in the Ferrari days. It's not even close when it comes to driver talent with those second driver comparisons either. Just that the downforce balance gaps out.

If Michael was not in the Ferrari from 2000-2004, probably Mika Häkkinen would've been and a 3-5x WDC scenario where Mika doesn't want to retire after 2001 due to a new environment is still quite plausible. It's not likely Todt would've just settled for Rubens and he was a massive fan of Mika and Finnish drivers in general.

I'm glad Ferrari never had to race against Michael in his prime anyway, but assuming he didn't sign the massive contract extension in the summer of 1998 to take him to the end of 2002 and Häkkinen then comes in once Michael's original contract expired, I'm thinking something like this follows:

2000 Schumacher (McLaren)
    2001 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2002 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2003 Schumacher (McLaren)
    2004 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2005 Alonso (Renault)
    2006 Alonso (Renault)
    2007 Alonso (Ferrari)
    2008 Alonso (Ferrari)
    2009 Button (Brawn)
    2010 Alonso (Ferrari)

This is since Michael would've beaten Kimi at McLaren, leading Fernando as the one obvious candidate to replace Mika when he eventually retired. The 2007 and 2008 cars were titles Alonso wins nine times out of ten in the Ferrari. With Fernando bedded in at Ferrari already, he probably wins 2010 as well. Early on he was still not in prime shape at the new team and only came around after summer.

Therefore, it's perfectly conceivable to have the following championship count had Schumacher opted to sign for McLaren:

Hamilton 6
    Alonso 5
    Häkkinen 5
    Schumacher 4
    Vettel 3

In that scenario, Ferrari are net zero titles from reality, but McLaren gain one and Red Bull lose one. Having Alonso at five more or less justifies his stature as a driver. Michael at four is way too low, but it also follows Rory Byrne being the only designer to ever outshine Newey for several years.

Tiny margins and all that.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 25th March 2024 at 19:29.

Yeah and Eddie Irvine would be a multiple WDC with Norbert Haug at Williams if Ron Dennis retired.

The only shot steady Eddie had was if a Mercedes engine went out on that day at Suzuka. It was a freak season

Both Ferrari and Red Bull use Brembo brake disk this season and it haven't gone well for Brembo so far

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Both Ferrari and Red Bull use Brembo brake disk this season and it haven't gone well for Brembo so far

Apparently an investigation was done and it was determined to be teams fault in both instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Congrats to both our drivers and the team.
    It feels like a lifetime ago since we had a 1-2 finish
    Exactly. Hopefully after a couple of podiums both driver can consistently target for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Rubens was good enough that he'd be a 3x WDC for Ferrari if Michael's leg break was too severe to return from. I'm rather certain that a team focused around Rubens would've clinched the 2001 title over Coulthard.

Having said that, being a top five driver back then meant less than now because the cars are able to be driven much closer to the limit for longer periods of time. Berger would be rather close to Senna in qualifying trim these days with much more downforce to play with in the corners where driving skill made a bigger difference. Therefore it's hard to build the gaps in qualifying on team mates you used to be able to make. Now Pérez is not even a top 10 driver, but regularly is as close to Verstappen as Rubens was to his team mate back in the Ferrari days. It's not even close when it comes to driver talent with those second driver comparisons either. Just that the downforce balance gaps out.

If Michael was not in the Ferrari from 2000-2004, probably Mika Häkkinen would've been and a 3-5x WDC scenario where Mika doesn't want to retire after 2001 due to a new environment is still quite plausible. It's not likely Todt would've just settled for Rubens and he was a massive fan of Mika and Finnish drivers in general.

I'm glad Ferrari never had to race against Michael in his prime anyway, but assuming he didn't sign the massive contract extension in the summer of 1998 to take him to the end of 2002 and Häkkinen then comes in once Michael's original contract expired, I'm thinking something like this follows:

2000 Schumacher (McLaren)
    2001 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2002 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2003 Schumacher (McLaren)
    2004 Häkkinen (Ferrari)
    2005 Alonso (Renault)
    2006 Alonso (Renault)
    2007 Alonso (Ferrari)
    2008 Alonso (Ferrari)
    2009 Button (Brawn)
    2010 Alonso (Ferrari)

This is since Michael would've beaten Kimi at McLaren, leading Fernando as the one obvious candidate to replace Mika when he eventually retired. The 2007 and 2008 cars were titles Alonso wins nine times out of ten in the Ferrari. With Fernando bedded in at Ferrari already, he probably wins 2010 as well. Early on he was still not in prime shape at the new team and only came around after summer.

Therefore, it's perfectly conceivable to have the following championship count had Schumacher opted to sign for McLaren:

Hamilton 6
    Alonso 5
    Häkkinen 5
    Schumacher 4
    Vettel 3

In that scenario, Ferrari are net zero titles from reality, but McLaren gain one and Red Bull lose one. Having Alonso at five more or less justifies his stature as a driver. Michael at four is way too low, but it also follows Rory Byrne being the only designer to ever outshine Newey for several years.

Tiny margins and all that.
    I can conjour an alternate timeline, if Ferrari doesn't force out Michael in 2006, and the 1 tyre rule doesn't happen, and Michael doesn't break his leg, Ferrari sweep every championship from 1999-2008. That's net 2 constructors I believe ( 2005, 2006 ) and net 5 drivers for Michael and Ferrari.

After witnessing Michael and Rubens 20 years ago in Melbourne, i witnessed another Ferrari 1-2 on Sunday. Bloody brilliant! And even better i got to see the drivers both on the Thursday, it turned out a pretty amazing wkend .
    Ill post a link to my photos soon
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    After witnessing Michael and Rubens 20 years ago in Melbourne, i witnessed another Ferrari 1-2 on Sunday. Bloody brilliant! And even better i got to see the drivers both on the Thursday, it turned out a pretty amazing wkend .
    please do!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Happy for you and looking forward to your pictures!