Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Thank-you. I'm flattered if I come off this way towards you....but no, I'm not that clairvoyant.
    exactly, going back to your first post on the matter, you start throwing around maybe he could be going to Mercedes, which hasn't been talked about ANYWHERE. I agree, maybe there is an equal chance of retirement, Aston, or Ferrari. But you have insisted that Ferrari was the LAST place he could end up.

And tabloids?
    The Hamilton rumours came true, so many times when there is smoke there is fire.

i actually also agree that Ferrari is already going in the right direction, we don't need the complete turn around we needed a few years ago.

But Newey in a consultant role similar to Rory Burne can't hurt.

I still want Enrico Balbo though.

Yep, which is why Newey is doing other projects with RedBull.

You think Ferrari would give Newey that much latitude in their organization by only working 50% in F1 and doing other projects? You think Newey would entrust anyone on Ferrari F1 to carry the load in aero design while he does side projects?
    Man you are beginning to get on my nerves with this... It was said many times by people in F1, that Ferrari offered Newey a mega contract, which more than doubled the wage he has in Red Bull, offered him that he can design a Ferrari road car, now they are in Le Mans hypercar category... there is so much he would be able to do. He was spotted in Italy this month, there are multiple reports of him talking with Ferrari higher ups, so there is something happening whether you like it or not. If he ends up in Ferrari, stays in Red Bull, retires or do whatever else, that's in the stars, but there is clearly something happening.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Wache and Fallows are not in the same league as Newey.
    Possibly. I'd take Wache maybe over Fallows. If they are Newey's protégé then they will have quite significant knowledge.
    Plus they would be more long term hires and work on the F1 car 100% rather than part time or in consultancy.
    With the people we have now, who have proven that they can design a decent car, any of those 3 that bring more knowledge of ground effects would be welcome.
    Right now it looks like Newey is the man on the move, so all efforts should be put to get him to sign for us.

Read somewhere Aston offered him 100M, source credibility question mark

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Read somewhere Ast on offered him 100M, source credibility question mark
    Only problem is that his salary would count against the cost cap, right? I'm pretty sure it would, if anyone can corroborate.

Now if a consultant role changes that, then maybe that would be what he'll be listed as.

Guess a team needs to weigh whether losing development dollars to salaries is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Only problem is that his salary would count against the cost cap, right? I'm pretty sure it would, if anyone can corroborate.

Now if a consultant role changes that, then maybe that would be what he'll be listed as.

Guess a team needs to weigh whether losing development dollars to salaries is worth it.
    Salaries are not involved in the cost cap I believe.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Thank-you. I'm flattered if I come off this way towards you....but no, I'm not that clairvoyant.
    Then try not to act as if you are.

Re: the psychiatrist comment btw, you never know;)
    Rgrds.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Salaries are not involved in the cost cap I believe.
    The three more highly paid people are not included (if I remember the rule correctly).
    Apart from that, he can be involved (and most probably will) as a consultant, which automatically means that his salary is not included in the cost cap by definition.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Soap opera/tabloid press suggesting he has told Red Bull he is leaving.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104768...-f1-exit-nears
    Forza Ferrari

Soap opera/tabloid press suggesting he has told Red Bull he is leaving.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104768...-f1-exit-nears
    hopefully he'll come our way and NOT merc or aston

According to BBC Andrew Benson:

"Newey has been made offers by Ferrari and Aston Martin. I’m told by sources close to him that he is seriously considering Ferrari but is not interested in going to Aston Martin.

But I would not rule out someone else coming in for him. Not every team could afford him. But McLaren and Mercedes certainly could - and going there would be less disruptive domestically to Newey, even if it would not have the same romantic draw as Ferrari."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I doubt McLaren could go for Newey.
    I think they had to sell their building and car collection to raise capitol to keep their team.going not too long ago.
    Merc could. They may go for Max and Newey.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Read somewhere Aston offered him 100M, source credibility question mark
    It would depend on the term, Ferrari could match that if it were over a 4 or 5 year term.

I personally have a problem with the publicity this rumor has had. With Hamilton, no one saw it coming, with Newey the link is known before hand. From watching other sports teams, granted in completely different sports, every time something like this becomes public, it's typically because one of the parties (Newey) is using another party (in this case Ferrari) to get what they want from a third party (?)...

So I remain pessimistic because of this while still hoping to be wrong...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

F1 is a circus a myriad of gossip and innuendo.
    The sport is drowning in this nonsense. The focus has been removed from f1 even on race days the garbage continues. Let the Newey red bull saga go it will find its own conclusion it blind siding everyone.The Hamilton to ferrari is over so the redbull Newey saga can not end quickly enough and max as well stay or go in or out .Ferrari needs no body the current direction is doing just fine .

So when is he leaving? Some tabloids make it sound like he’s stepping away after Miami. And him just not being there, would that propel Ferrari to the front?

Seen some reports Newey's lawyers are negotiating with RB so he can start with a new team in 2025......
    Forza Ferrari

It is happening. He is coming to Ferrari.

French Team Principal at Scuderia Ferrari is a legendary combination

Confirmed he is leaving now.
    Forza Ferrari

You guys believe the soap opera journalists. They got a story to tell and sell.

I'm one of those that I'll believe it when I see it.

Believe it now? Soap opera press right again.
    Forza Ferrari

Ummm, Newey is leaving RedBull F1, HOWEVER he is staying with RedBull to finish the RB17 hypercar project and will leave RedBull in its entirety in the first quarter of 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It is happening. He is coming to Ferrari.
    I haven't seen Adrian Newey say he was coming to Ferrari. At the moment, he's leaving RedBull F1 but still staying with RedBull till the 1st quarter of 2025. That's it.

What time frame in your head is "now." Is it like right now right now.? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? 6 months from now?

I haven't seen Adrian Newey say he was coming to Ferrari. At the moment, he's leaving RedBull F1 but still staying with RedBull till the 1st quarter of 2025. That's it.
    You said you do not believe soap opera press......believe it now? He is leaving as they said.
    Forza Ferrari

You said you do not believe soap opera press......believe it now? He is leaving as they said.
    He's not leaving now as you said.

Will "focus" on hypercar for now, and then leaves in the first quarter of 2025 and then can start working immediately for Ferrari, without any gardening leave.

Another masterstroke from Fred.

The "soap opera" press as I called them are saying Newey is supposedly "coming to Ferrari" at the time I said it.

Now, the "soap opera" press are for sure going to post that "NEWEY IS FOR SURE COMING TO FERRARI."

I'm just posting facts regarding this particular situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Will "focus" on hypercar for now, and then leaves in the first quarter of 2025 and then can start working immediately for Ferrari, without any gardening leave.

Another masterstroke from Fred.
    Nothings been confirmed about "working immediately for Ferrari, without gardening leave."

Nothings been confirmed about "working immediately for Ferrari, without gardening leave."
    Stick to your sour gapes or whatever you call it. Newey has left Red Bull F1 and will leave them completely after this year, and he will join Ferrari.

Not amount crying and moaning from you will ever gonna change the reality. So stop wasting forum pages and go cry somewhere else.