Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 224

Thread: Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Derbyshire England
    Posts
    904

    Adrian Newey to Ferrari?

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian...-2025-red-bull

    https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...vanced%20stage.

    It is being speculated that Red Bull's chief technical officer and aero guru Adrian Newey is in talks with Ferrari for a potential move in the future, with talks having reached an advanced stage.

    Personally I do not think he will ever move to Ferrari, he had opportunities, made some remarks he should have kept to himself. I have been out the picture for a while, but this one tweaked my curiosity. Do you think he will join Ferrari?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Lawrence Stroll made an offer to Newey to join AMRF1 as well.

    Newey won't join Ferrari or AMRF1. This will be Newey's 3rd time he's declined the Scuderia.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Location
    US
    Posts
    47
    At the moment a move to Ferrari or Aston Martin is very much on the cards for him but these are all the rumors so far.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lawrence Stroll made an offer to Newey to join AMRF1 as well.

    Newey won't join Ferrari or AMRF1. This will be Newey's 3rd time he's declined the Scuderia.
    Bookmarked.
    Let's see what happens if or when he accepts an offer from Ferrari. At the moment he keeps on talking with Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Bookmarked.
    Let's see what happens if or when he accepts an offer from Ferrari. At the moment he keeps on talking with Ferrari.
    my favorite poster

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lawrence Stroll made an offer to Newey to join AMRF1 as well.

    Newey won't join Ferrari or AMRF1. This will be Newey's 3rd time he's declined the Scuderia.
    Why would he hold talks if there was no interest? not just an initial chat but more than that? You probably thought Lewis would never be at Ferrari as well.
    Forza Ferrari

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why would he hold talks if there was no interest? not just an initial chat but more than that? You probably thought Lewis would never be at Ferrari as well.
    There's 400 million reasons why Lewis is joining Ferrari since his 400 million reasons were declined by Mercedes higher ups. Lewis's "sell-by" date is vastly approaching.

    Newey isn't facing that hardship at RedBull.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    There's 400 million reasons why Lewis is joining Ferrari since his 400 million reasons were declined by Mercedes higher ups. Lewis's "sell-by" date is vastly approaching.

    Newey isn't facing that hardship at RedBull.
    So why is he talking with Ferrari?
    Forza Ferrari

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So why is he talking with Ferrari?
    What happened the other 2x he talked to Ferrari?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What happened the other 2x he talked to Ferrari?
    Yet he is back for more talks suggests he still has the desire to work with Ferrari. So why is he talking to Ferrari again can you answer?
    Forza Ferrari

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,219
    He's being courted by a couple teams it seems so something must be up. He might not be happy with what's happening at RedBull. Maybe he is looking to move, he must have put out some vibes if a couple teams think they have a chance to lure him.
    Like Ham, he let it be known that he might be up to moving away from Merc, and so Elkan approached him.
    Never know, 3rd time could be the charm.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yet he is back for more talks suggests he still has the desire to work with Ferrari. So why is he talking to Ferrari again can you answer?
    It's all a bunch of talk at the end of the day.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's all a bunch of talk at the end of the day.
    Why would you talk if there is no interest?
    Forza Ferrari

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What happened the other 2x he talked to Ferrari?
    Why did he talk the 2nd time. And most importantly, why is he talking again?
    Why is it so hard for you to accept, admit, call it whatever, that Adrian wants to come to Ferrari and yes, leave RBR under conditions, if Ferrari are willing to meet them (and you most definitely have no idea which they are) ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why would you talk if there is no interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Why did he talk the 2nd time. And most importantly, why is he talking again?
    Why is it so hard for you to accept, admit, call it whatever, that Adrian wants to come to Ferrari and yes, leave RBR under conditions, if Ferrari are willing to meet them (and you most definitely have no idea which they are) ?
    You guys believe the soap opera journalists. They got a story to tell and sell.

    I'm one of those that I'll believe it when I see it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You guys believe the soap opera journalists. They got a story to tell and sell.

    I'm one of those that I'll believe it when I see it.
    i mean, we didn't believe them when they were talking about Hamilton to Ferrari, and that came true...

    I think there are definitely talks, and there is definitely interest for there to be this much smoke around it.

    Whether or not the final deal gets done is another story of course.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Race Track
    Posts
    129
    May be he is more interested in Ferrari's road car division or hypercars.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,457
    I think there is some truth behind certain employees being worried about the partnership that RB will have with Ford and the preformance of the engine. It seems that RB's domination will come to an end in 2025. That could be a good motivator for Newey to leave. Whether he joins Ferrari is a different matter, we wont know until a final decision is made.

    If Ferrari get the engine right for 2026, we fans might be in for some good years ahead :D
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think there is some truth behind certain employees being worried about the partnership that RB will have with Ford and the preformance of the engine. It seems that RB's domination will come to an end in 2025. That could be a good motivator for Newey to leave. Whether he joins Ferrari is a different matter, we wont know until a final decision is made.

    If Ferrari get the engine right for 2026, we fans might be in for some good years ahead :D
    Sure hope so, fratello.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Newey was at Mugello with KR Motorsports to race some cars. That's it.

    That's what the article you posted didn't mention. It's old news.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Newey was at Mugello with KR Motorsports to race some cars. That's it.

    That's what the article you posted didn't mention. It's old news.
    he can't do two things on the same trip, good point

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    10,101
    as much as we would ALL like the all time F1 designer GURU to join Ferrari, i'm afraid that will NEVER happen

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    he can't do two things on the same trip, good point
    Does the article say he met with Elkann? Or Vigna? Or Vasseur? Any pics in the article showing Newey walking into Ferrari? Any pics in the article showing Newey meeting with ANYONE associated with Ferrari? I haven't seen anything with regards to the article that was posted and saying he met with Ferrari.

    The only time is when I saw Elkann at the RedBull paddock walking out of the RedBull paddock at a GP on 2024 when the drama was around Horner.....that's it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    as much as we would ALL like the all time F1 designer GURU to join Ferrari, i'm afraid that will NEVER happen
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2024
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    24
    He said in the past that he would like to work with Lewis.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    He said in the past that he would like to work with Lewis.
    Yes, that's all fine-and-dandy. Until then, we wait and see if that will eventually come into fruition.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Newey was at Mugello with KR Motorsports to race some cars. That's it.

    That's what the article you posted didn't mention. It's old news.
    That's what you believe
    Forza Ferrari

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    as much as we would ALL like the all time F1 designer GURU to join Ferrari, i'm afraid that will NEVER happen

    Actually i think Aldo Costa is credited with more championships than Newey.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Actually i think Aldo Costa is credited with more championships than Newey.
    Yes, you are correct.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 17th April 2024 at 23:33.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •