Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2024 Japanese Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's a problem because it affects the stats. If they come back like they did last time and win more races, it affects their winning percentage. We all know it's much harder to run a team than it is to be a simple engine supplier...
    Mercedes brand may go , but i'm sure Toto Wolf and his team will keep going

It's a problem because it affects the stats. If they come back like they did last time and win more races, it affects their winning percentage. We all know it's much harder to run a team than it is to be a simple engine supplier...
    As an engine supplier they can do as they want but their stats as a TEAM stop the moment they walk out.
    Which I believe they will sooner than later.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As an engine supplier they can do as they want but their stats as a TEAM stop the moment they walk out.
    Which I believe they will sooner than later.
    That's what I mean, their stats will look better in terms of win percentage vs Ferrari whereas they simply walked away from the sport and became an engine supplier. That's what bothers me about it.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

That's what I mean, their stats will look better in terms of win percentage vs Ferrari whereas they simply walked away from the sport and became an engine supplier. That's what bothers me about it.
    yeah, but Ferrari is STILL the most successful them in terms of having won the most WCC's and WDC's in the F1's history, 16 and 15 respectively
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but Ferrari is STILL the most successful them in terms of having won the most WCC's and WDC's in the F1's history, 16 and 15 respectively
    Yes, but percentage-wise, not so good. And that's an argument I remember having with McLaren fans back in the day.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Yes, but percentage-wise, not so good. And that's an argument I remember having with McLaren fans back in the day.
    who cares about %?? # of titles is where its at
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

If they talk about wining percentage , we will talk about how many races did they attend and how much heritage their team has compare to our team

don't forget there's atleast 2 additional constructor titles that Ferrari would have if the constructors title existed since 1950

Noone cares bout percentages, but the english race teams fans because that makes them feel good inside.
    But the truth of the matter is , if they stuck around the way Ferrari also did, their stats would suck , and that's the bottom line.

And when they 're reminded of that cold fact, they shut up .
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    If they talk about wining percentage , we will talk about how many races did they attend and how much heritage their team has compare to our team
    Exactly that.