Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 USA (Miami) Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    At least Elkann is counting his checks while the team is losing so he has the last laugh as always.
    Crawl back under your rock.
    Forza Ferrari

Another thing to remain optimism is

RB bring their upgrades earliest and gain some pace then Maca wait for another 2 round before upgrading the car and it should be our turn next race . 0.25 sec a lap i hope that was just sandbagging

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sorry I meant 1:31:0. Don't know where did the 5 get in there. What I ment is he always does s super fast lap right before the end. So the tyres still have life in them, why not use them earlier?
    Because he'd run out of tyres towards the end? He pitted on lap 19, so he needed to be extra careful against those who had benefited from the VSC-SC.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No one is forcing you to "support" Ferrari.
    With this engine, if chassis development was freed up financially, we'd be talking about a Leclerc title streak at the moment. Instead now the midfield teams have artifically been levelled. Ferrari's management were happy to collect the checks instead of winning. Before the budget cap, they beat Red Bull three years running. Just facts I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    With this engine, if chassis development was freed up financially, we'd be talking about a Leclerc title streak at the moment. Ferrari's management were happy to collect the checks instead
    Again, no one is forcing you to "support" Ferrari

Because he'd run out of tyres towards the end? He pitted on lap 19, so he needed to be extra careful against those who had benefited from the VSC-SC.
    He didn't though. And it happened almost in every race this year. Nobody else is doing it, just us. We really should use the tyres more. I remember Fred saying we were conservative and didn't push thy tyres out of fear we would run out of them. Looks to me we still are a little bit scared of that, even tough our car is great with them.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Mclaren won but we still outscored them by 2 points. But Sainz could be trouble with his lunge at Piastri, he's under investigation for that.

The only thing that makes me a bit uncomfortable ,was Norris pace on old mediums. He was faster then Charles on new hards.
    SC timing aside ,that probably gave him the win, from the moment Per pitted and had clear track, he was clearly the fastest!!!!!

He didn't though. And it happened almost in every race this year. Nobody else is doing it, just us. We really should use the tyres more. I remember Fred saying we were conservative and didn't push thy tyres out of fear we would run out of them. Looks to me we still are a little bit scared of that, even tough our car is great with them.
    I mean, Norris did his best lap on lap 55 (1:30.980) but his last lap was 1:31.575. And his tyres were 10 laps younger than Charles's.

I think Fred should focus on managing the team and let the drivers deal with managing the tyres.

I mean, Norris did his best lap on lap 55 (1:30.980) but his last lap was 1:31.575. And his tyres were 10 laps younger than Charles's.
    So this launch-spec still lacking ultimate compare to upgraded RB and MCL while it's long run pace is comparable

Let's see what Imola brings. A lot had been said regarding the up-coming upgrades. Whatever upgrades Ferrari is bringing to Imola, I hope they deliver.

Again, no one is forcing you to "support" Ferrari
    Some people prefer not to get a new concussion after dozens of previous ones

I have to hand it to you for somehow maintaining the passion to watch even free practice sessions after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The only thing that makes me a bit uncomfortable ,was Norris pace on old mediums. He was faster then Charles on new hards.
    SC timing aside ,that probably gave him the win, from the moment Per pitted and had clear track, he was clearly the fastest!!!!!
    Mclaren with upgraded car vs ferrari non-upgraded car.

Still there was element of luck where Norris benefitted from. But his pace on both tyres is super quick.

Now it’s upto Ferrari to respond. We need a jump on McLaren & Close to RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    So this launch-spec still lacking ultimate compare to upgraded RB and MCL while it's long run pace is comparable
    Yeah, and that is why it is so encouraging. But upgrades can be a curse sometimes, so we hope it better not be the case with our Imola upgrades.

Well Lando was constantly doing 31.1s and 31.0s so that's not that out of the normal IMO. But Charles, on as you say way older tyres doing 1:31.0 is impressive and... weird. At least to me. It's just my feeling but I believe we are still managing the tyres little bit too much and our car would handle slightly more speed. But I may be wrong. It's just how my brain compiles the data I see.

I understand what you say, and I had also spotted this thing before, but today was something different because Lec started the restart with by rar the most laps in his tires,And we hadn't any data on how the hard will behave. He actually push 1st laps and managed to stay close to Ves, but when he realized that he didn't had the pace to fight and the threat of Pia had gone , then he probably backed up a bit to protect his tires. In the end he had nothing to lose so he pushed more probably to check the pace of the tires / car with so many laps on them.
    At least that's how I "read" it !!

Anyways I believe the championship is far from over. If our upgrade works, we could be able to compete. And with McLaren up there as well this year could actually end up being a banger.

Anyways I believe the championship is far from over. If our upgrade works, we could be able to compete. And with McLaren up there as well this year could actually end up being a banger.
    WCC is wide open Ferrari vs RB. With Perez being struggling & now McLaren into strong car it’s more trouble to Perez than us.

A good thing about this year's long calendar is we still have 17 races left and that's a full season in 2000s

1. Well done to Nando!

2. Did we not have new hards for Charles during the safety car? They would have definitely given him P2 at least, and a chance to chase Norris although I think they were genuinely quicker this weekend.

3. Charles' tyre management is pretty good. I do hope he's not leaving anything on the table though at the end of races. But a great job by him to come in 3rd with the oldest tyres of the top runners.

4. Not a bad team result. I hope our upgrades are a game changer in the positive direction.

I don't get it, Norris was the leader, so why the SC didn't pick him as the lead driver
    Good eye. Looks like the SC made a HUGE mistake and "gifted" Norris the win.

https://twitter.com/MauriceMacken/st...39658578911524

https://twitter.com/MauriceMacken/st...41825670938935

https://twitter.com/MsportXtra/statu...46797317902792

https://twitter.com/MauriceMacken/st...46739008717047
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 5th May 2024 at 23:00.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Norris gained near enough 20 secs because of that. Happy for Lando to win a race but if a Ferrari driver lost out on a win because of that, we'd be livid

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Norris gained near enough 20 secs because of that. Happy for Lando to win a race but if a Ferrari driver lost out on a win because of that, we'd be livid
    More like 30sec.

Max was 11sec behind Norris when Sargeant crashed.

Agreed if it was a Ferrari driver. This place would be in extreme mode.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    More like 30sec.

Max was 11sec behind Norris when Sargeant crashed.

Agreed if it was a Ferrari driver. This place would be in extreme mode.
    Maybe we lost out on 2nd and 3rd because of that..?

Definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Definitely not.
    It's a possibility.

Sainz receives a 5sec. time penalty and 1 point on his superlicense for the incident with Piastri.

Sainz receives a 5sec. time penalty and 1 point on his superlicense for the incident with Piastri.
    That means Sainz drops to 5th place.

We are counting on those imola upgrades. Hope it gives the car a good balance & improve slow speed corner.

Charles needs a win, he’s been super consistent in 2024.

It's a possibility.
    It's very unlikely that we would have finished ahead of Norris who was on 8-lap fresher tyres. His win was more about his tyres than his position after the SC.