Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 USA (Miami) Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He had the time to be ahead no matter what the SC done, are you still missing this point?

A bitter Max fan article is not evidence.
    So by your standards, it's okay for the SC to pick up the 2nd guy in the Que rather than the 1st guy.

You really make alotta sense with that notion. UNBELIEVABLE.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So by your standards, it's okay for the SC to pick up the 2nd guy in the Que rather than the 1st guy.

You really make alotta sense with that notion. UNBELIEVABLE.
    It made no difference.
    Forza Ferrari

It made no difference.
    Pfffft.......YES IT DID! Norris wouldn't have come out ahead.

So going forward, it's okay with you if the SC picks up the 2nd guy in the que and not the 1st guy and it won't make a bit of difference?

Man, you really have lost it.

Pfffft.......YES IT DID! Norris wouldn't have come out ahead.

So going forward, it's okay with you if the SC picks up the 2nd guy in the que and not the 1st guy and it won't make a bit of difference?

Man, you really have lost it.
    Yes he would have he had the time gap to pit under SC and keep the lead, you still don't seem to grasp this.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes he would have he had the time gap to pit under SC and keep the lead, you still don't seem to grasp this.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, you heard it first here.

It makes no difference if the SC picks up the 2nd guy in the que instead of the 1st guy in the que according to the illustrious Greig.

(and I ask myself why I put up with this nonsense.)

Ladies and Gentlemen, you heard it first here.

It makes no difference if the SC picks up the 2nd guy in the que instead of the 1st guy in the que according to the illustrious Greig.

(and I ask myself why I put up with this nonsense.)
    Time loss to pit under SC is 11s, he was over 11s ahead of Max, so how would he not have had the time???? are you making things up again?. The only difference it made was he came out well ahead of Max not just ahead of him but under SC that makes no difference as they bunch up. Not sure how you can't understand this but you clearly are still raging your team got beat.

Ask yourself why Carlos said he could have won if he had not pitted just before the SC? Because he would have gained massively by pitting under the SC, are you new to this?

Also - Tsunoda was 11.9s ahead of Hamilton, both followed the SC deltas, and Tsunoda made a cheap stop and emerged 2 seconds ahead.

Actually time loss to pit under SC was maybe even just 9s.
    Forza Ferrari

Time loss to pit under SC is 11s, he was over 11s ahead of Max, so how would he not have had the time???? are you making things up again?. The only difference it made was he came out well ahead of Max not just ahead of him but under SC that makes no difference as they bunch up. Not sure how you can't understand this but you clearly are still raging your team got beat.

Ask yourself why Carlos said he could have won if he had not pitted just before the SC? Because he would have gained massively by pitting under the SC, are you new to this?
    The article that I posted says Norris would have come out in 7th place.

And quit making this situation about "Norris beating my team." I am talking about the mistake of the SC picking up the 2nd guy in the que instead of the 1st guy in the que which you seem to be in favor of.

No thanks, I'll take the article in this situation over your twisted mindset of whom should the safety car pick up in the que.

The article that I posted says Norris would have come out in 7th place.

And quit making this situation about "Norris beating my team." I am talking about the mistake of the SC picking up the 2nd guy in the que instead of the 1st guy in the que which you seem to be in favor of.

No thanks, I'll take the article in this situation over your twisted mindset of whom should the safety car pick up in the que.
    So the facts don't matter to you, your far too entrenched in your Max was robbed hill......

Lando had the time to make a cheap stop and come out ahead, your bitter Max fan article changes nothing about that fact.
    Forza Ferrari

So the facts don't matter to you, your far too entrenched in your Max was robbed hill......

Lando had the time to make a cheap stop and come out ahead, your bitter Max fan article changes nothing about that fact.
    I have given you facts and evidence. All you have is your word and "It's okay for the SC to pick up the 2nd guy in the que rather than the 1st guy in the que" notion.

I have given you facts and evidence. All you have is your word and "It's okay for the SC to pick up the 2nd guy in the que rather than the 1st guy in the que" notion.
    No you have not, who the SC picked up made no difference to Lando gaining the lead from a cheap pitstop, just like it would have been Carlos in the lead if he waited a lap and gained the cheap SC stop.

Red Bull got beat, get over it.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/...-miami-gp-win/ - Nothing to believe here...

Also this never happened as any sort of fact - Tsunoda was 11.9s ahead of Hamilton, both followed the SC deltas, and Tsunoda made a cheap stop and emerged 2 seconds ahead.
    Forza Ferrari

No you have not, who the SC picked up made no difference to Lando gaining the lead from a cheap pitstop, just like it would have been Carlos in the lead if he waited a lap and gained the cheap SC stop.

Red Bull got beat, get over it.
    Hey, I'm not the only one that has presented facts and evidence here so I'm not alone regarding this situation.

You're so hung up on "RedBull got beat, get over it" which is not the case. Again, for the umpteenth time, the SC made a mistake.

Hey, I'm not the only one that has presented facts and evidence here so I'm not alone regarding this situation.

You're so hung up on "RedBull got beat, get over it" which is not the case. Again, for the umpteenth time, the SC made a mistake.
    SC enters the track no matter where the leader is, no mistake there.

Lando had enough time to make a cheap stop and remain in the lead, no mistake there.

Angry Max fan posts article with no facts and you run with it Brilliant, in fact maybe you wrote the article?

Still ignoring this - Tsunoda was 11.9s ahead of Hamilton, both followed the SC deltas, and Tsunoda made a cheap stop and emerged 2 seconds ahead. - Let's pretend the SC never picked up Max and we replace Lando with Tsunoda and Max with Lewis....you see where this is going do you???? Even following the SC delta Lando would have come out AHEAD of Max.

Ignore it if you want....SC picking up Max did not change Lando coming out ahead, ignore it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Mclaren fans are going to start hating Sainz from now
    No way...it was Piastri not Lando...hahaha

McLaren..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikus View Post
    No way...it was Piastri not Lando...hahaha

McLaren..
    Congrats, it won't happen again any time soon

Forza Ferrari

Congrats, it won't happen again any time soon

your bitter Max fan article .

Angry Max fan posts article with no facts and you run with it Brilliant, in fact maybe you wrote the article?

]
    You really are amazing. Again, this isn't about RedBull. It's about the mistake of the SC.

You really are amazing. Again, this isn't about RedBull. It's about the mistake of the SC.
    Still ignoring the facts then go back to penning your next angry Max fan article.
    Forza Ferrari

Once that SC error was apparent, a red flag and a fair restart with new tyres for everyone should've been the only option. Just another case of the crony maFIA ran by the corrupt sheikh* not knowing which end is up or down Rather than malice, this was more of a clown show.

* Interfering in race results and then getting cleared by your own investigation is kind of corrupt don't ya think?

I really doubt the Miami SC delta was 11 seconds. That delta could only happen on a circuit like the Vietnam one where the pit cut two corners or Zandvoort where the pits is shorter than an Olympics running track. If that was the case, one-stoppers wouldn't be a thing around there. Either way, I strongly suspect that Firstappen would've been ahead after the pitstop no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Once that SC error was apparent, a red flag and a fair restart with new tyres for everyone should've been the only option. Just another case of the crony maFIA ran by the corrupt sheikh not knowing which end is up or down

I really doubt the Miami SC delta was 11 seconds. If that was the case, one-stoppers wouldn't be a thing around there. Either way, I strongly suspect that Firstappen would've been ahead after the pitstop no matter what.
    Why would you doubt it when we have seen it?
    Forza Ferrari

Why would you doubt it when we have seen it?
    Even using your math it's 50/50 who's out in front. It's an obvious case of a red flag because of a grave procedural mistake by race control no matter what.

Even using your math it's 50/50 who's out in front. It's an obvious case of a red flag because of a grave procedural mistake by race control no matter what.
    No it's not Lando would have been out ahead.

What procedural mistake was there?
    Forza Ferrari

Greig & jgonzalesm6
    You are both right and wrong
    This post/ article explains it

When it became clear that Williams would not be able to continue, the signal was given. At that moment Norris was lined up with the entrance to the pit lane and to enter he would have had to brake and swerve suddenly, a risky manoeuvre. The team thus decided to leave the track, and Lando continued on the starting straight. Despite the McLaren's reduced speed, the safety car (placed at the pit exit) did not have time to come out before Norris passed. If Bernd Maylander had marched in front of Lando all the drivers on the track would have arrived behind him and after the pit stop Norris would have found himself in the last positions, but instead the first driver to arrive behind the safety car was Verstappen.

So jgonzalesm6 is right in the point that IF SC had catch Norris ,he would end up far behind after his stop
    And Greig is somewhat right that SC dint catch Norris on porpuse/mistake but for seconds Norris manage to pass the pit exit before SC came out ,so then it caught Ves.

No it's not Lando would have been out ahead.

What procedural mistake was there?
    Picking up the wrong frigging race car. Are you a lawyer?

Picking up the wrong frigging race car. Are you a lawyer?
    SC comes out no matter where the leader is..got the rules handy?

Sure it happened at Monza recently as well.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Greig & jgonzalesm6

When it became clear that Williams would not be able to continue, the signal was given. At that moment Norris was lined up with the entrance to the pit lane and to enter he would have had to brake and swerve suddenly, a risky manoeuvre. The team thus decided to leave the track, and Lando continued on the starting straight. Despite the McLaren's reduced speed, the safety car (placed at the pit exit) did not have time to come out before Norris passed. If Bernd Maylander had marched in front of Lando all the drivers on the track would have arrived behind him and after the pit stop Norris would have found himself in the last positions, but instead the first driver to arrive behind the safety car was Verstappen.

So jgonzalesm6 is right in the point that IF SC had catch Norris ,he would end up far behind after his stop
    And Greig is somewhat right that SC dint catch Norris on porpuse/mistake but for seconds Norris manage to pass the pit exit before SC came out ,so then it caught Ves.
    that's right, the exact timing of where you are on track can cause unexpected mix ups, but i knew as soon as the safety car came out how it would finish

SC comes out no matter where the leader is..got the rules handy?
    Under the rules SC lets everyone go until the leader catches it. If the track is not safe for a delta time it's a red flag. Everyone else then follows a delta time to catch the safety car, which is driving slowly with green lights on until the leader comes to it. Then literally showed the red lights for the driver in P2. That's not a grave procedural issue? What are you even talking about?

Under the rules SC lets everyone go until the leader catches it. If the track is not safe for a delta time it's a red flag. Everyone else then follows a delta time to catch the safety car, which is driving slowly with green lights on until the leader comes to it. Then literally showed the red lights for the driver in P2. That's not a grave procedural issue? What are you even talking about?
    Not sure that is the rules, or what you think is the rules.
    Forza Ferrari

Not sure that is the rules, or what you think is the rules.
    Hopefully the nice weather in Scotland this week is going to cheer you up anyway That was really warm by May standards!

Have a nice evening!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Greig & jgonzalesm6

Makes sense. The safety car had to let the whole pack pass not long after picking them up because Lando was going to catch the back of the pack and be a lap ahead of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtimesF1 View Post
    Great. Really feel bad for Carlos. He had a great start and was in second place until a torpedo ruined it for him. That torpedo than gets away with it no pernalty and the torpedo gets rewarded a position from the driver he almost took out at the beginning of the race...
    There was another Torpedo a day before in sprint race, who got away like usual from any fair penalty and ruined races for others, I'm sure you have already forgotten about that Torpedo