Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2024 USA (Miami) Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    For me Perez on Lap1 should have got the penalty. That was dangerous, he could have taken 2 or 3 cars in a single lap & joining back on track dangerously with faster cars around.
    They can't penalize Perez after they decided not to touch Hamilton a day before

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    There was another Torpedo a day before in sprint race, who got away like usual from any fair penalty and ruined races for others, I'm sure you have already forgotten about that Torpedo
    That is an od way to give your opinion on the matter. That other torpedo (I assume you mean Hamilton) happend in a different race. It also did not destroy the race of one of our drivers. No I did not forget en yes I believe he also deserved a penalty for that. My point was that I feel bad for the way Carlos his race went. He lost positions from the boneheaded move from Perez who got no penalty and then at the end of the race loses another position to that same Perez through a 5 second penalty. I know some of you guys seem to hate Carlos more than Hamilton but he's still driving for our team and we as a team lost points thanks to the move Perez did at the start of the race.

TBF Carlos got a penalty due to his own bonehead divebomb that took out another car. Can't blame it all on Perez.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    TBF Carlos got a penalty due to his own bonehead divebomb that took out another car. Can't blame it all on Perez.
    This is also true and I even think the penalty he got was deserved. Even if I can understand his frustration. My issue is with the way penalties get awarded. The move Perez made could have ended in a disaster and it not getting penalized just blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    This is also true and I even think the penalty he got was deserved. Even if I can understand his frustration. My issue is with the way penalties get awarded. The move Perez made could have ended in a disaster and it not getting penalized just blows my mind.

Miami F1 race reached 3.1 million viewers !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Once that SC error was apparent, a red flag and a fair restart with new tyres for everyone should've been the only option. Just another case of the crony maFIA ran by the corrupt sheikh* not knowing which end is up or down Rather than malice, this was more of a clown show.

* Interfering in race results and then getting cleared by your own investigation is kind of corrupt don't ya think?

I really doubt the Miami SC delta was 11 seconds. That delta could only happen on a circuit like the Vietnam one where the pit cut two corners or Zandvoort where the pits is shorter than an Olympics running track. If that was the case, one-stoppers wouldn't be a thing around there. Either way, I strongly suspect that Firstappen would've been ahead after the pitstop no matter what.
    Red flag is not something you invoke like that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Under the rules SC lets everyone go until the leader catches it. If the track is not safe for a delta time it's a red flag. Everyone else then follows a delta time to catch the safety car, which is driving slowly with green lights on until the leader comes to it. Then literally showed the red lights for the driver in P2. That's not a grave procedural issue? What are you even talking about?
    Please show me the rules that dictate this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bring back Masi !!!