Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bryan Bozzi replaces Xavi Marcos as Charles Leclerc's new Race Engineer from 13th May

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    662

    Bryan Bozzi replaces Xavi Marcos as Charles Leclerc's new Race Engineer from 13th May

    https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...4SyjzPr3OXrezg
    https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...4SyjzPr3OXrezg
    Well this is unexpected
    Xavi has been very good this year and the communication between him and Leclerc has been on point all this season
    I wonder what happened behind the scenes?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    9,663
    This is totally unexpected. Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer, I'd say he was pretty much perfect in this job this year.

    Wonder what actually had happened behind the scenes. Because I don't think this announcement was planned.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    1,448
    We are checking

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,450
    Strange timing, but it should have been done years ago, I accept Xavi has improved.
    Forza Ferrari

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    11,311
    Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    We are checking
    "Hold on, we are checking."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    10,015
    do you want to come in for a pit stop....QUESTION MARK

    let's hope this new one is 100% better than Xavi
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    4,276
    He might have improved, but still feels like something was missing from Lec garage !!! Something like Lec could do better with another engineer.
    Lets see !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    11,203
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This is totally unexpected. Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer, I'd say he was pretty much perfect in this job this year.

    Wonder what actually had happened behind the scenes. Because I don't think this announcement was planned.
    New race engineer is said to be leclerc’s performance engineer. Now he’s promoted.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    He might have improved, but still feels like something was missing from Lec garage !!! Something like Lec could do better with another engineer.
    Lets see !!!!
    That.
    Improved? Sure.
    Underperforming still? BIG TIME.

    So what begs the question is, if you are Ferrari, if you 're pushing for the top, if you are transforming the team , if you're spending big time for the team, for the car, for everything, how are you supposed to let Xavi there?
    Guy was limited.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,984
    If you are Ferrari F1 team's race engineer, you need to be bloody good. Xavi has been disappointment for some years now. You expect confidence from race engineers of high profile drivers, we've heard & seen Stella, Smedley, Rocky, Bono, GP, all these ooze confidence and always look switched on. Xavi seemed in sleep mode most of the times, I get it he has improved but Ferrari is not a place to sit on a top seat undercooked

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If you are Ferrari F1 team's race engineer, you need to be bloody good. Xavi has been disappointment for some years now. You expect confidence from race engineers of high profile drivers, we've heard & seen Stella, Smedley, Rocky, Bono, GP, all these ooze confidence and always look switched on. Xavi seemed in sleep mode most of the times, I get it he has improved but Ferrari is not a place to sit on a top seat undercooked
    Exactly.
    It's like i said. Team is running a transformation program, changed TP, changing their structures and we see already the results. They're putting a LOT of money in, even brought Hamilton (for reasons already explained).
    They 're giving the drivers a very good car which (hopefully) is going to only get better.

    So LEC cannot afford to have a mediocrity for race engineer.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4,168
    I remember when Felipe's engineer was changed (apparently Michael's suggestion) his race pace improved and he began to win races. Let's hope this new guy can have the same effect on Charles.


    Forza Jules

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Location
    US
    Posts
    42
    Not many were expecting this to happen and at the moment I don't think there are many people who can tell whether this is a good thing or not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,448
    What do we know about Bryan Bozzi? I know he's been in his role for a decade I think I read...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4,168
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-...-race-engineer

    This was all I found out about Byran Bozzi.


    Forza Jules

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,201
    Good, hopefully Charles can unlock some more performance from this change!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    882
    Had to happen, long overdue.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That.
    Improved? Sure.
    Underperforming still? BIG TIME.

    So what begs the question is, if you are Ferrari, if you 're pushing for the top, if you are transforming the team , if you're spending big time for the team, for the car, for everything, how are you supposed to let Xavi there?
    Guy was limited.
    It’s like driving the latest car but the computer comes from the ancient time. Takes forever to compute (or not to compute). Very good decision

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,450

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •