Thread: Bryan Bozzi replaces Xavi Marcos as Charles Leclerc's new Race Engineer from 13th May

Bryan Bozzi replaces Xavi Marcos as Charles Leclerc's new Race Engineer from 13th May

https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...4SyjzPr3OXrezg
    https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...4SyjzPr3OXrezg
    Well this is unexpected
    Xavi has been very good this year and the communication between him and Leclerc has been on point all this season
    I wonder what happened behind the scenes?

This is totally unexpected. Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer, I'd say he was pretty much perfect in this job this year.

Wonder what actually had happened behind the scenes. Because I don't think this announcement was planned.

We are checking

Strange timing, but it should have been done years ago, I accept Xavi has improved.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    We are checking
    "Hold on, we are checking."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

do you want to come in for a pit stop....QUESTION MARK

let's hope this new one is 100% better than Xavi
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

He might have improved, but still feels like something was missing from Lec garage !!! Something like Lec could do better with another engineer.
    Lets see !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This is totally unexpected. Xavi has improved quite a lot as a race engineer, I'd say he was pretty much perfect in this job this year.

Wonder what actually had happened behind the scenes. Because I don't think this announcement was planned.
    New race engineer is said to be leclerc’s performance engineer. Now he’s promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    He might have improved, but still feels like something was missing from Lec garage !!! Something like Lec could do better with another engineer.
    Lets see !!!!
    That.
    Improved? Sure.
    Underperforming still? BIG TIME.

So what begs the question is, if you are Ferrari, if you 're pushing for the top, if you are transforming the team , if you're spending big time for the team, for the car, for everything, how are you supposed to let Xavi there?
    Guy was limited.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If you are Ferrari F1 team's race engineer, you need to be bloody good. Xavi has been disappointment for some years now. You expect confidence from race engineers of high profile drivers, we've heard & seen Stella, Smedley, Rocky, Bono, GP, all these ooze confidence and always look switched on. Xavi seemed in sleep mode most of the times, I get it he has improved but Ferrari is not a place to sit on a top seat undercooked

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    If you are Ferrari F1 team's race engineer, you need to be bloody good. Xavi has been disappointment for some years now. You expect confidence from race engineers of high profile drivers, we've heard & seen Stella, Smedley, Rocky, Bono, GP, all these ooze confidence and always look switched on. Xavi seemed in sleep mode most of the times, I get it he has improved but Ferrari is not a place to sit on a top seat undercooked
    Exactly.
    It's like i said. Team is running a transformation program, changed TP, changing their structures and we see already the results. They're putting a LOT of money in, even brought Hamilton (for reasons already explained).
    They 're giving the drivers a very good car which (hopefully) is going to only get better.

So LEC cannot afford to have a mediocrity for race engineer.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I remember when Felipe's engineer was changed (apparently Michael's suggestion) his race pace improved and he began to win races. Let's hope this new guy can have the same effect on Charles.

Forza Jules

Not many were expecting this to happen and at the moment I don't think there are many people who can tell whether this is a good thing or not.

What do we know about Bryan Bozzi? I know he's been in his role for a decade I think I read...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-...-race-engineer

This was all I found out about Byran Bozzi.

Forza Jules

Good, hopefully Charles can unlock some more performance from this change!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Had to happen, long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That.
    Improved? Sure.
    Underperforming still? BIG TIME.

So what begs the question is, if you are Ferrari, if you 're pushing for the top, if you are transforming the team , if you're spending big time for the team, for the car, for everything, how are you supposed to let Xavi there?
    Guy was limited.
    It’s like driving the latest car but the computer comes from the ancient time. Takes forever to compute (or not to compute). Very good decision

Seems much more natural between Charles and Bryan, good to hear.
    Forza Ferrari

The "you're so rude" segment was really funny

This change should've been made already before last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seems much more natural between Charles and Bryan, good to hear.
    Agreed, still early days but communication sounded relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Agreed, still early days but communication sounded relaxed
    Hopefully a good relationship is building there rather like Smedley/Massa.

Forza Jules

I have to say , it seems this is a MUCH better pairing than Xavi / Charles.
    I laughed when Charles (probably teasing) was asking if he can tell them (on open radio :D) how fast he was going and they told him that they were not interesting and not to do it :D

Ya, like tell the whole world (inc. the opponents things like that ! :D

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Hopefully a good relationship is building there rather like Smedley/Massa.
    Yeah, race engineer-driver relation is real when one is following the other. Smedley followed Massa to Williams, while Stella followed Alonso to McLaren. Let's see what Bono decides to do