Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 EMILIA-ROMAGNA Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

It's not over yet. We have the upgrades and the long runs were very good. So, if the upgrades improve the racepace more than they improve the qualifying pace, the race is not over yet. Have a little faith.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

We need to improve on the straights, that's the only place where we are losing time. The SF24 has plenty of downforce, but doesn't have the aero efficiency of its predecessor.

Reducing the drag is easier than finding downforce so I'm not that worried.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We need to improve on the straights, that's the only place where we are losing time. The SF24 has plenty of downforce, but doesn't have the aero efficiency of its predecessor.

Reducing the drag is easier than finding downforce so I'm not that worried.
    Turn 1-3 is not straight. You can see the Ves onboards, the RB is super stable and fast over the kerbs. Even Lec mentioned that in post quali interview. This is specifically on a quali lap in first few corners. Clearly indicating that it's tire prep problem. Lec mentioned he tried to take as much kerb as Ves in turns 1-3 but he just can't live with that with Ferrari.

Mclaren was actually the fastest today, sans the tow received by Ves.

Leclerc mentioning about the issue with our car in Q3 in first few corners:

https://scuderiafans.com/disappointe...la-qualifying/

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post

Scuderia "Always Missing Something" Ferrari

Well guys sorry, but right now none of the excuses have solid base.
    -We dodnt have efficiency and dont know if and when we can solve this . McL was one of the slowest cars in the 1st races and from Miami they where right there on the top with still ton of downforce
    - We are not good in qualy?? Supposedly with this upgrade we would fix this and we didnt.
    - We need time to evaluate the upgrades? Well probably but again Mcl deliver immediately and they clearly have passed us.
    So no boom and gloom , but the facts are these.
    Tomorrow dont have any hope at all for something good . I would be happy if we actually can keep up with Max and McLs ( i mean it ,not sarcasm)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Turn 1-3 is not straight. You can see the Ves onboards, the RB is super stable and fast over the kerbs. Even Lec mentioned that in post quali interview. This is specifically on a quali lap in first few corners. Clearly indicating that it's tire prep problem. Lec mentioned he tried to take as much kerb as Ves in turns 1-3 but he just can't live with that with Ferrari.

Mclaren was actually the fastest today, sans the tow received by Ves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Scuderia "Always Missing Something" Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    -We dodnt have efficiency and dont know if and when we can solve this . McL was one of the slowest cars in the 1st races and from Miami they where right there on the top with still ton of downforce
    - We are not good in qualy?? Supposedly with this upgrade we would fix this and we didnt.
    - We need time to evaluate the upgrades? Well probably but again Mcl deliver immediately and they clearly have passed us.
    Tomorrow dont have any hope at all for something good . I would be happy if we actually can keep up with Max and McLs ( i mean it ,not sarcasm)
    Not getting enough heat into the tires is my guess....especially in the softs. The track somewhat cooled 5 degrees.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Not getting enough heat into the tires is my guess....especially in the softs. The track somewhat cooled 5 degrees.
    Again with this upgrade, we supposedly try to fix this .
    All in all , not sure how much the upgrades gave us. Right now it doesnt look good . Im not sure how much behind we would be with the launch spec. For now ,just from qualy, im not happy at all the the upgrades. expected definitely more. when i see McLs less then a tenth from Ves, YES i expected Lec to take pole, and not ending P4 more then 2 tenths behind !!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It's very tight you can throw a blanket over the first 4.Track temp a little Tow here and there is the only difference and the drivers ability. MAX is a beast Perez is in Mexico week in week out.Expect a tight race you blink you loose.

Exactly what I was afraid of. Everybody outside of the team were hyping us up only to and up 4th and 5th behind the Mclarens and being slower in Q3 on the softs then in Q1 on mediums. Even if we are fast in the race, we will be stuck behind the Mclarens because this is a hard track to overtake and I don't expect us to ever get lucky with a safety car.

Always expect the unexpected.

Ferrari never said the upgrades would fix anything, they are not designed for this track.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari never said the upgrades would fix anything, they are not designed for this track.
    You dont design somethig foe specific tracks . Ans yes i read in a Lec interview where he was talking about qualy issues ( tire warming etc) and he said "lets see with the upgrades how he will do "
    I will accept all this "excuses" if and when we will start winning. The 1st try is a "failure " (from a expectation point of view) , 2nd try will be tomorrow and so on. Tomorrow if we can keep up with the top3 , end by this i mean to be 1-2 s behind and no more ,and probably try to put some pressure, THEN i will be very pleased and i will consider it a success.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You dont design somethig foe specific tracks . Ans yes i read in a Lec interview where he was talking about qualy issues ( tire warming etc) and he said "lets see with the upgrades how he will do "
    I will accept all this "excuses" if and when we will start winning. The 1st try is a "failure " (from a expectation point of view) , 2nd try will be tomorrow and so on. Tomorrow if we can keep up with the top3 , end by this i mean to be 1-2 s behind and no more ,and probably try to put some pressure, THEN i will be very pleased and i will consider it a success.
    Fred was pretty clear that these updates would not do much for us at Imola and were not to fix the issues the team have discovered. So not sure what is "excuses" or is a failure.
    Forza Ferrari

Piastri gets a 3 place grid penalty for impeding K-Mag.

That should move up the field.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Fred was pretty clear that these updates would not do much for us at Imola and were not to fix the issues the team have discovered. So not sure what is "excuses" or is a failure.
    So for what is for ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So for what is for ??
    Natural development of the launch car.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Natural development of the launch car.
    Witch translate to what ??
    Are we sure we have done worst we the launch car?
    From the results and the gaps, it doesnt look like it .
    Just asking myslef from what i see.
    The whole thing is to do better then others. McL managed it with their package and show it on track , we didnt. BUT i must admit that thay also wasnt good in Miami qualy but where THE BEST in race.
    SO again , im saying that if tomorrow Lec can keep up with Max-Norris , i would be quite happy ( and this because you cant overtake easily here and we dont have top speed + shorter DRS zone)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Witch translate to what ??
    That translates that it's the develepment which was in the pipeline since the car fisrt hit the tests. The "problems" we've found out with the car during the coming months are probably being solved in the factory engineers about now. The development of the upgrades takes tieme, you know?

But I am angry as well. We've been outdeveloped by McLaren and even Red Bull keeps the distance to us. Sure, we are still near the absolute top, but probably I expected better and thought we are going for the wins.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    That translates that it's the develepment which was in the pipeline since the car fisrt hit the tests. The "problems" we've found out with the car during the coming months are probably being solved in the factory engineers about now. The development of the upgrades takes tieme, you know?

But I am angry as well. We've been outdeveloped by McLaren and even Red Bull keeps the distance to us. Sure, we are still near the absolute top, but probably I expected better and thought we are going for the wins.
    We will be going for the win tomorrow.
    Forza Ferrari

More excuses.....17 YEARS PEOPLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    More excuses.....17 YEARS PEOPLE!!
    What excuses?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Get those Mercedes engineers and quick, because these clowns aren't cutting it. The last two weeks all we've heard about are the upgrades.... Well....Kiss my @$$! Only thing upgraded is that we are definitely the third best team, and McClaren are second. Wake me when this nightmare ends. 17 years, and counting.......
    Ya because the Mercedes engineers did such a fantastic job designing their car over the last 3 years. Right? Mercedes is barely a mid-field team, I don’t know why everyone seems to thinking bringing some of their engineers over will drastically help us. Newey is the only one who truly understood these new regulations. And luckily for us, if he comes he will only get to influence our car for the next generation of rules. No guarantee he will get it right.

Let’s see how the updates fair on race pace tomorrow.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ya because the Mercedes engineers did such a fantastic job designing their car over the last 3 years. Right? Mercedes is barely a mid-field team, I don’t know why everyone seems to thinking bringing some of their engineers over will drastically help us. Newey is the only one who truly understood these new regulations. And luckily for us, if he comes he will only get to influence our car for the next generation of rules. No guarantee he will get it right.

Let’s see how the updates fair on race pace tomorrow.
    I think we also need to poach some people from McLaren

Steady up fans some of us are way to critical and harsh to quick to jump to conclusions and way overreactive with doom and failure at the drop of a hat.realise that no amount of negative ranting on this forum will change anything that goes on at ferrari. So good or bad enjoy the ride ,because really that's all that there is.

I was expecting better performance after the upgrades but unfortunately, that didn't happen. Hopefully, we will see an improved race performance in tomorrow's race.

Max racing on iRacing just now lol he just does not switch off - https://www.twitch.tv/teamredline
    Forza Ferrari

Max racing on iRacing just now lol he just does not switch off - https://www.twitch.tv/teamredline
    Yeh he said that he would do the 24h sim racing.

Dont know how accurate this analysis is , but if it is for real , then i apologize for my critic about the upgrades !!!

Ferrari: the interesting analysis of
    @Fred__18
    which shows that updates to the SF-24 have significantly increased aerodynamic loading.

- Let's start with the gaps: Leclerc took 2 tenths from Verstappen and 1.5 tenths from the McLarens of Piastri and Norris. But in reality,
    Hulkenberg's slipstream was worth at least a tenth and a half to Verstappen, meaning that on a real circuit like Imola the Ferrari was potentially half a tenth behind what was considered the impregnable RedBull.

- If we take a look at the charging indicators,
    so we notice definitive changes compared to the data from previous races. The load index has become the highest analyzed and, above all, the standard deviation of the speeds is by far the lowest. Two very clear indicators of an SF-24 that now has plenty of vertical load and a high level of grip. Furthermore,
    if we also look at the percentages of time "on the pedals", we see that Leclerc now has the highest value in percentage of lap time spent at full throttle, and the lowest value when braking, both glaring indicators grip and load which, until the last race,
    were regularly lower than those of the competition. The figures therefore speak for themselves, and the proximity to RedBull is not a coincidence, but results from a considerable aerodynamic leap forward, especially, precisely, in terms of load.

- Watching the progress of the round,
    it's easy to see how Verstappen's slipstream has a really noticeable specific weight at the start of the lap, and how Ferrari, compared to McLaren, may have given up a few km/h of top speed by virtue of a good charge level. However,
    Leclerc has a gap of 333 thousandths in the first sector compared to Verstappen (and 133 compared to Piastri).

- Considering about half of the 3 tenths attributable to the slipstream, the Ferrari continues to suffer in the initial phase of the lap, perhaps due to the fact that the tires are not yet ready, or perhaps -
    be because of the inability at all to attack the vibrators, as Leclerc explained. The Monegasque said that generally the RedBull has the ability to go very aggressively on certain curbs, an option that is generally not viable for the SF24.

- However, after the first sector,
    Leclerc equalizes the central sector with Verstappen and Piastri and also equalizes the last sector with the McLaren but gives his Dutch rival more than a tenth.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well, that was disappointing.
    So much for McLaren vs Ferrari, and so much for Max being back in 2020.
    As for our upgrades not being for this track, that's just another excuse. How come McLaren's upgrades work for this track and ours don't? If they weren't for this track, then which track are they for exactly? This is very disappointing.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."