Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This was Charles's only mistake in the whole weekend and it didn't cost him anything. That McLaren was very fast in the first sector, even with DRS he couldn't get close to Norris, so he was pushing extra hard in the corners.
    Plenty of drivers made mistakes throughout the whole weekend, including Max and Norris.

The SF24 has the aero and traction prowess of the F1-75, now it needs to get back its predecessor's efficiency. Combining both those characteristics would made this car very fast. And I'm sure Ferrari knows these limitations and working hard to fix them.
    But IF we are so good in the corners , why did he had to push ?? To stay comfortably behind Norris and not being able to pass him due to low top speed+drs , this is totally acceptable. But to lose so much pace with fresher tires , well to my we are lucking a bit everywhere. Its really A BIT but this bit right now with 3 cars being so close makes the difference. SO we clearly lacking ,please dont try to make excuses. I will accept that the team was desing the new package from the start and they discover the cars issues later so the upgardes cant solve them is they are. So the next question, from when the team has star working to solve these new issues ?? Are we need extra parts?? If yes ,when they planning to introduce them ??? Because unfortunalty McL nailed it with theirs and they accomplished everything they needed to .
    Or is it just a matter to fine tune this package and its a matter of 2-3 races to make the difference ????!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    But IF we are so good in the corners , why did he had to push ?? To stay comfortably behind Norris and not being able to pass him due to low top speed+drs , this is totally acceptable. But to lose so much pace with fresher tires , well to my we are lucking a bit everywhere. Its really A BIT but this bit right now with 3 cars being so close makes the difference. SO we clearly lacking ,please dont try to make excuses. I will accept that the team was desing the new package from the start and they discover the cars issues later so the upgardes cant solve them is they are. So the next question, from when the team has star working to solve these new issues ?? Are we need extra parts?? If yes ,when they planning to introduce them ??? Because unfortunalty McL nailed it with theirs and they accomplished everything they needed to .
    Or is it just a matter to fine tune this package and its a matter of 2-3 races to make the difference ????!!!!
    Even with DRS he couldn't get close to Norris on the straights. Piastri gained 6 tenths on average against Sainz with DRS, Charles on average around 3-4 tenths the most.
    So that is why he was pushing so hard in Variante Alta, because he was always gaining time over Norris there.

And not making any excuses, I just don't indulge into doom and gloom mongering as some here love to do after "bad" races. It's not like McLaren won Austin on pure pace, Norris extremely lucky there with both the VSC and the SC.

Imola is all about aero efficiency, just like Vegas. And the SF24 isn't efficient. So, finishing 7 seconds behind Max isn't the end of the world.

Looking forward to Monaco and Barcelona, I have faith in Ferrari's technical department and do believe they will perform well there, as they have been throughout the 2024 season.

Although the upgrades seemed to work, I hope we're not waiting another 7 races for the next one.
    I think Ferrari need to bring smaller updates to this car quicker to keep it competitive. I hope they have an upgrade ready soon that will fix what this upgrade didnt so we can legit fight for poles and wins.

Even with DRS he couldn't get close to Norris on the straights. Piastri gained 6 tenths on average against Sainz with DRS, Charles on average around 3-4 tenths the most.
    So that is why he was pushing so hard in Variante Alta, because he was always gaining time over Norris there.

And not making any excuses, I just don't indulge into doom and gloom mongering as some here love to do after "bad" races. It's not like McLaren won Austin on pure pace, Norris extremely lucky there with both the VSC and the SC.

Imola is all about aero efficiency, just like Vegas. And the SF24 isn't efficient. So, finishing 7 seconds behind Max isn't the end of the world.

Looking forward to Monaco and Barcelona, I have faith in Ferrari's technical department and do believe they will perform well there, as they have been throughout the 2024 season.
    Τhey where lucky yes. They would have won without Sc? Almost certain NO .BUT it is a fact that had by far the best pace simce Perez get out of the way and he was faster with older mediums then Lec-Max with new hards. Again today after that accident from Lec , suddenly Norris start lapping 0.3+ faster then Lec and Max. And this with 4 laps older tires( mot much for hards but still older) .That what im trying to say. Right now the only facts that we have is that McL with their upgrades actually find pure performance and solve almost all their issues with the car. For 2 races now they are the fastest car and only Max manage to keep in front of them with mega effort from him. We on the other hand we are somewhere around there,BUT still missing something .so we are again in a position to try to exlpain our lack of speed to put us in front of McL 1st and then RedBull (dont know who is 1st -2nd performance wise ) what im try to say ?? WE are waiting for this upgrades for months. It came and we are still 3d fastest. What to expect?? Is there in more to extract from this package? The team say YES load and clear . But till we see it ,its hard to swallow Mcl surpass us . We say that Lec is 2nd now in the championship but Norris is only 12 points behind and till today it looks like he could easily finish on front of Lec in the next races . Sorry for the luck of hope from my part , really hate to listen myself being so pessimistic, but its like there been so many years to anticipate something only to end up being disappointed one more time .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Good race but this track favored the Mclaren and the Bulls more because of their pull rod configuration and their straight line efficiency. Next race might not be the same in the hands of Leclerc, of course this is my opinion.

Post race, Leclerc mentioned something Red Bull and Mclaren are doing with their engine at the start of the qualifying lap which Ferrari need to figure out i wonder what he is talking about.

we need to warm up better and qualify better, that will help a lot, as long as we don't sacrifice degredation to do so.

and yeah, it would be nice to fix this in time for Canada, rather than waiting another 7 races.

Charles will be really quick in Monaco I hope. If anyone knows how to negotiate those corners it is him!

Forza Jules

We are on the right path with Fred, we are on our way back to winning titles. I get some "fans" expect it instantly but F1 is not really like that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Τhey where lucky yes. They would have won without Sc? Almost certain NO .BUT it is a fact that had by far the best pace simce Perez get out of the way and he was faster with older mediums then Lec-Max with new hards. Again today after that accident from Lec , suddenly Norris start lapping 0.3+ faster then Lec and Max. And this with 4 laps older tires( mot much for hards but still older) .That what im trying to say. Right now the only facts that we have is that McL with their upgrades actually find pure performance and solve almost all their issues with the car. For 2 races now they are the fastest car and only Max manage to keep in front of them with mega effort from him. We on the other hand we are somewhere around there,BUT still missing something .so we are again in a position to try to exlpain our lack of speed to put us in front of McL 1st and then RedBull (dont know who is 1st -2nd performance wise ) what im try to say ?? WE are waiting for this upgrades for months. It came and we are still 3d fastest. What to expect?? Is there in more to extract from this package? The team say YES load and clear . But till we see it ,its hard to swallow Mcl surpass us . We say that Lec is 2nd now in the championship but Norris is only 12 points behind and till today it looks like he could easily finish on front of Lec in the next races . Sorry for the luck of hope from my part , really hate to listen myself being so pessimistic, but its like there been so many years to anticipate something only to end up being disappointed one more time .
    you think Lando choke Norris can beat Leclerc in Monaco?

Norris didn't even try to pass Max today, because that's not his goal, Norris doesn't race Max, he only races Ferraris. He will race Leclerc and fail at a track like Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    you think Lando choke Norris can beat Leclerc in Monaco?

Norris didn't even try to pass Max today, because that's not his goal, Norris doesn't race Max, he only races Ferraris. He will race Leclerc and fail at a track like Monaco.
    LOL he never had a chance to pass Max today, he was overdriving once he got into the DRS and had to save the car several times.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Good race but this track favored the Mclaren and the Bulls more because of their pull rod configuration and their straight line efficiency. Next race might not be the same in the hands of Leclerc, of course this is my opinion.

Post race, Leclerc mentioned something Red Bull and Mclaren are doing with their engine at the start of the qualifying lap which Ferrari need to figure out i wonder what he is talking about.
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...harles-leclerc
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ok, so couple of questions... Where was the pace? We pitted later to have fresher tyres but still McLaren and Redbull outpaced us on slightly older rubber. How? And before someone says "there are no miracles in F1 you can't magically become faster" I'll say look at McLaren. I watched the onboards and we really were struggling with the first chicane, others could take the inside kerb, while we were avoiding it, that's why we were losing time in S1 the whole weekend. How can we win, when while catching the fastest team another one evertakes us? It has happened when we were chasing Mercedes (Redbull passed us) and now while chasing Redbull McLaren is starting to be faster than us too. There was so much hype, that I am fumig in Roso Corsa color right now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Ok, so couple of questions... Where was the pace? We pitted later to have fresher tyres but still McLaren and Redbull outpaced us on slightly older rubber. How? And before someone says "there are no miracles in F1 you can't magically become faster" I'll say look at McLaren. I watched the onboards and we really were struggling with the first chicane, others could take the inside kerb, while we were avoiding it, that's why we were losing time in S1 the whole weekend. How can we win, when while catching the fastest team another one evertakes us? It has happened when we were chasing Mercedes (Redbull passed us) and now while chasing Redbull McLaren is starting to be faster than us too. There was so much hype, that I am fumig in Roso Corsa color right now.
    but we made up for it in other sectors, they're different cars, setup different ways, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL he never had a chance to pass Max today, he was overdriving once he got into the DRS and had to save the car several times.
    from the moment Norris turns a wheel, his only goal is finish in front of red. anything else is gravy. he'll drive us off the track at the slightest chance. Max will be waved by

from the moment Norris turns a wheel, his only goal is finish in front of red. anything else is gravy. he'll drive us off the track at the slightest chance. Max will be waved by
    Strange opinion based on 2 races that Lando has had a car capable of racing Max, and he won 1 of them Remind me of the times he has driven us off track?
    Forza Ferrari

but we made up for it in other sectors, they're different cars, setup different ways, mate
    We didn't though.. We were slower both in quali and the race. So what do you mean we did made up?
    Last edited by Kyss4k; 19th May 2024 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Next race means nothing wouldn’t use it as a benchmark for anything…Monaco is a weird track
    Next race means a potential 44 points. Every race means something. This talk of certain tracks being more representative than others is not a world championship winning mentality. I doubt Red Bull concern themselves with such differentiations. We need a car that can win on a variety of tracks, not just on "representative" one. If we have to disregard certain tracks and wait for such and such a track to see how good we really are, we've lost the championship already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Although the upgrades seemed to work, I hope we're not waiting another 7 races for the next one.
    I think Ferrari need to bring smaller updates to this car quicker to keep it competitive. I hope they have an upgrade ready soon that will fix what this upgrade didnt so we can legit fight for poles and wins.
    Exactly! If it takes us 7 races to produce upgrades that were planned before the season even started, what hope do we have of winning the development race?

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Exactly! If it takes us 7 races to produce upgrades that were planned before the season even started, what hope do we have of winning the development race?
    We are briging updates in line with nearly every other team. What makes you think we should be doing it quicker?
    Forza Ferrari

For those saying Imola is a hard track to pass and Monaco is a "useless" track:

1) The tracks are not the problem, the cars are.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

We are briging updates in line with nearly every other team. What makes you think we should be doing it quicker?
    Are their upgrades also from pre-season?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The state of F1 today is exactly how Liberty planned. It will only get worse in the future.

They have ruined the racing with ridiculous rules supposedly for safety, equality, cost cutting, environmental awareness, etc. The truth is Liberty offered more money to the teams in exchange for making F1 entertainment instead of competitive racing.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Are their upgrades also from pre-season?
    Of course they are lol. It takes time to develop them. It was always the case. First big upgrades came at the start of European part of the championship as that's when these are finished.

Strange opinion based on 2 races that Lando has had a car capable of racing Max, and he won 1 of them Remind me of the times he has driven us off track?
    brazil 2022
    lando's mclaren at that point was much slower than the Ferrari, he had no business trying to battle

my memory is fine mate, look at my join date, and understand that i basically remember every lap of every race since 1998.

it's not based on 2 races

and it's not just my opinion, Jolyn Palmer basically said the same during this weekend's broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Of course they are lol. It takes time to develop them. It was always the case. First big upgrades came at the start of European part of the championship as that's when these are finished.
    yes, and hopefull these upgrades aren't fully optimized yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    The state of F1 today is exactly how Liberty planned. It will only get worse in the future.

They have ruined the racing with ridiculous rules supposedly for safety, equality, cost cutting, environmental awareness, etc. The truth is Liberty offered more money to the teams in exchange for making F1 entertainment instead of competitive racing.
    You know what's funny? I've vatched the historic GP in Monaco last week and holy crap. 70s and 80s small and nimble F1 cars driven by semi-pros and amateurs in the street of Monaco, pushing, crashing, marshals running on the track clearing debris... and everyone survived with no injuries. I'm not saying it would be smart to go back to this, but it just shows it can be done and current F1 pushed the safety little too far IMO.

Boring track old school layout needs change.The race one flicker of excitement closing laps of Norris. Ferrari have work to do,it ended virtually how it started pretty well sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

These cars still better than previous gen cars. Schumi in the F2004 couldn't overtake Button in a Honda here, and back then pretty much all the overtakes happened during pit stops.

People may say DRS is a gimmick and what not, but I'd say DRS is a better gimmick than traction control or ABS.

Ground effect is the way to go and should never have been kept away for long. Now the FIA should do the sensible thing and bring back active suspension, so these cars can finally get up to their full potential.

These cars still better than previous gen cars. Schumi in the F2004 couldn't overtake Button in a Honda here, and back then pretty much all the overtakes happened during pit stops.

People may say DRS is a gimmick and what not, but I'd say DRS is a better gimmick than traction control or ABS.

Ground effect is the way to go and should never have been kept away for long. Now the FIA should do the sensible thing and bring back active suspension, so these cars can finally get up to their full potential.
    What I was trying to say is the current F1 cars are too long and too wide.

Which is why in 2026 the cars are getting somewhat smaller in length and width. I believe I also read that they're trying to bring the "noise" back in 2030.
    It's not how start but how you finish.