Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Monaco GP Practice & Qualifying Thread

Lec has lowered S1 by 3+ tenths but never menaged to complete the lap. It looks like there's more to come .But nothing is for granted right now.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Lec has lowered S1 by 3+ tenths but never menaged to complete the lap. It looks like there's more to come .But nothing is for granted right now.
    Yeah, but he is still mistake phone as you could see a moment ago, all fine luckily

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Let’s hope Charles can put the lap together when it counts and get Pole! Hopefully his new engineer and Ferrari will give him the perfect strategy and opportunity to win.

With any luck, Carlos can come P2 and we can dictate the race/strategy.

Forza Ferrari!!!
    yeah, no $*&^....no more of teh "we are checking" OR "do you want to come for a pit now" question mark.....what teh heck was that all these years....the guy was ABSOLUTELY useless

Charles, when he's not getting blocked by others, doing 15.1-15.2, which is faster than anyone else.

How is our "race pace" ,if there is such thing in Monaco? For 1 lap that i saw, like we dont look that fast on heavy weight
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles, when he's not getting blocked by others, doing 15.1-15.2, which is faster than anyone else.
    so race pace is there too....that bodes well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Yeah, but he is still mistake phone as you could see a moment ago, all fine luckily
    Who didn’t do mistakes? In FP1 & FP2 everyone did. Few of them hit the wall including Max.

For me Leclerc is here to prove something & he’s nailing it at the moment with absolute dominance.

1 lap fron Rus that i saw , he did 1:14:9
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

How is our "race pace" ,if there is such thing in Monaco? For 1 lap that i saw, like we dont look that fast on heavy weight
    There’s no worry of race pace here. Quali is king.
    As race leader can dictate race pace & use his tyres in later part of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    It's quite simple. On FP everybody searching the limits
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There’s no worry of race pace here. Quali is king.
    As race leader can dictate race pace & use his tyres in later part of the race.
    exactly
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

1 lap fron Rus that i saw , he did 1:14:9
    Yeah, Charles dropped into 16's, which Carlos did 14.9, it was all over the place.

But this is the only place where race pace doesn't matter.

Jesus freaking Christ Leclerc was flying today. I just hope he has something in reserve for quali and won't bin it. I mean... after seeing his pace today, this has to be the best chance to win a race for him this season and his home race all at once.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Charles: "I think also the fact that we are so fast in the first set of tyre, we kill the tyre. They are completely gone."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Jesus freaking Christ Leclerc was flying today. I just hope he has something in reserve for quali and won't bin it. I mean... after seeing his pace today, this has to be the best chance to win a race for him this season and his home race all at once.
    WHAT, one race only mate the whole season?? i think it will be MORE coming from Ferrari and Charles for the rest of the season as the upgrades Ferrari have brought last race, I personally think that we're up ther with red bull adn Mclaren; it's a matter of fine tuning the package and i'm sure Ferrari are working flat out to do just that....i think there'll be surprise Ferrari for the remainder of hte season

Yeah, he said his long runs were a "disaster" and Bozzi said they will review.

But they need to stay focused for the pole. If Charles gets the pole, he can lap 3-4 seconds slower and still no one would be able to overtake him.

Charles: "I think also the fact that we are so fast in the first set of tyre, we kill the tyre. They are completely gone."
    ***??? He also said our race pace is a disaster

Yeah, he said his long runs were a "disaster" and Bozzi said they will review.

But they need to stay focused for the pole. If Charles gets the pole, he can lap 3-4 seconds slower and still no one would be able to overtake him.
    true, but someone can overcut him, as the overcut at monaco is SUPER powerful and come out ahead
    so me thinks that a small tweak to the setup need to be done so his race pace won't be this horrible AND hopefuflly won't affect the ONE LAP pace too much

Well can't it be that he pushed the tyres really hard basically lap after lap, setting purple sectors, so they were quite done before the race sim even started? I don't think they use new tyres for race sim, do they?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well can't it be that he pushed the tyres really hard basically lap after lap, setting purple sectors, so they were quite done before the race sim even started? I don't think they use new tyres for race sim, do they?
    Ι think he said something like that . i posted it above. I think the " 1st set " he refers,is the set he had in the start of the session and he pushed them quite hard .
    Any how, as we cannot take for granted his superiority in Q tomorrow, the same his pace on Sunday could be good
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

A very positive start today. Now let's see what tomorrow brings.

Forza Jules

Look at Carlos's race pace it doesn't look too bad, hell in average he is the fastest one in race sim, and we know come to the race Charles will be at least 1-3 tenths faster than him so I don't worry about race pace that much

GOW4vZibQAAUIkt.png
    from this ,it doesnt look bad. NOT bad at all. All drivers where doing 1:16s and very few low 1:15s like Lec . And as elano said Sain was the best. So not many worries in race pace
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As long as we get pole tomorrow, then the race will be our (well unless it's 2022 situation again), undercut is useless because of traffic and you can not overtake the car in front even if you're 1s faster in race pace
    So get pole, get track position, dictate the pace and manage the tyres, stay long and overcut the cars behind

if you can get Carlos into P2, then even if the race pace is a "disaster", it doesn't matter.

Charles put on a clinic today

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    WHAT, one race only mate the whole season?? i think it will be MORE coming from Ferrari and Charles for the rest of the season as the upgrades Ferrari have brought last race, I personally think that we're up ther with red bull adn Mclaren; it's a matter of fine tuning the package and i'm sure Ferrari are working flat out to do just that....i think there'll be surprise Ferrari for the remainder of hte season
    Exactly. This is a long season and this is just starting the push of Ferrari after the EVO.
    Quite frankly I am waiting for the next races, I have high hopes for the next races (for instance Canada) as we'll be fine tuning the EVO pacakge as we'll be reaching for Silverstone where the next update will be coming.

So, our best chance ? Not by long shot, I believe we have a good change for the WCC after a long time.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Charles put on a clinic today
    Indeed he did.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The car is very fast on pure pace but horrible on tyres . Is this the indication that warm up problem solved ?
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    if you can get Carlos into P2, then even if the race pace is a "disaster", it doesn't matter.
    We'd be safer with a McLaren or Lewis in P2. Carlos is super jealous of Charles and I wouldn't be surprised if he took Charles out.