Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Monaco GP - Race - Ferrari win

i was screaming when he took pole yesterday, today was the relief. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yup, I see no reason why we can't win there as well.
    The facts say the the kerbs play big roll in canada even digger then Monaco. + Braking and traction. All this seems to be our cars advantages. Hope it will be confirmed.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Grande Charles!
    His 6th win for Ferrari, equaling Gilles Villeneuve.

Forza Ferrari!
    Ferrari and McLaren,feels like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The facts say the the kerbs play big roll in canada even digger then Monaco. + Braking and traction. All this seems to be our cars advantages. Hope it will be confirmed.
    Should be a good race for us

Happy tears…!! Bravo Charles. P1. Long time coming. He’s been super consistent this year. Good from Sainz too. P3.

WCC is wide open. It will be not easy for Perez against McLaren & Ferrari’s.

Hope Ferrari keep the momentum going & challenge Max & RB for both titles.

Those are just vocal minorities, he has a huge following, two entire countries are fan of him. He doesn't need admiration from the internet.
    Entire Tifosi is behind him. Nothing to worry.

Yup, I see no reason why we can't win there as well.
    SF-24 is still draggy compared to McLaren & RB. Top speed deficit is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    4-3-2-4-4-3-3-1 CL race finish standing for the 8 races of the season not bad at all.
    He should be focusing more on Quali now, as we have race pace. Then I see a consistent podium & race finishes from him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    SF-24 is still draggy compared to McLaren & RB. Top speed deficit is still there.
    yeah and i'm not sure we have enough of a low speed traction advantage to overcome it, should be really close though.

He should be focusing more on Quali now, as we have race pace. Then I see a consistent podium & race finishes from him.
    yeah, but now Mclaren has super good tyre degredation

Canada is difficult to judge for the simple reason that all three chicanes are medium-speed corners nowadays. Everyone trims down the wings to cope with the long straight but it's won or lost on how you're able to change direction at high speed efficiently. I could make a case for Max, McLaren or Charles and they'd all be valid based on car strengths. It really comes down to who gets the car to rotate the best. Montreal in June is also risky when it comes to long-range forecasting of weather, even if it doesn't rain. In 2016 it was 12°C and it could also be 30°C. If it's something resembling the latter, expect Ferrari to be strong. If it's cold there could be Q2 exits because tyres won't switch on in S1.

Grande, happy for Charles!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

We look a much stronger race team now, Fred has done a great job so far. Under Binotto we would not have changed tyres at the red flag I imagine.
    Forza Ferrari

True, but getting a good exit out of the U-shaped corner before the long straight is very important. Getting dialled in the first two sectors is also quite important as well, where traction and the ability to ride the kerbs dictate lap times.

Last year's Aston was much more draggy than the SF24, and yet Alonso kept Max honest throughout the whole race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    yeah, but now Mclaren has super good tyre degredation
    If the McLaren is really that good at looking after the tyres, then Piastri would've had zero problem keeping up with Charles throughout the race today, but that wasn't the case here, nor it was in Imola. Only Lando is showing good tyre management skill.

Let's not forget that Ferrari didn't let Charles run his true pace today. We saw how easily he got away from the pack when he finally pushed a bit, but it was nowhere near his maximum.

Anyone see Leclerc pushing Fred into the water and then Leclerc jumping into the water with Fred?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Anyone see Leclerc pushing Fred into the water and then Leclerc jumping into the water with Fred?
    No I Didn't see that.
    Fred is proving to be a great manager and Byran is a big upgrade. He cleverly steered Charles through the race. It was a great call to drive slowly and prevent those McLarens especially Norris from pitting for fresh tyres.

Forza Jules

Finally!
    Forza Ferrari!
    Forza Leclerc!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Thanks for that bogs.....very funny. That's the way to celebrate a win!!!!

Forza Jules

For those saying that Monaco is boring, trying being a Tifoso and having 2 Ferrari cars in the three first places and a red flag in the first lap.
    What a race, indeed.

Both Charles and Carlos ran a clinical race, Charles won a more than worthy P1 and apparently Carlos has finally settled to his wingman role till the end of the season as he realizes the potential of the car and that Ferrari can actually hunt for at least the WCC ( and maybe the WDC ).

What a day!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Verstapen states he was bored with Monocco procession,stating its not racing.What a sore looser that twit would not feel that way had he won the race,or had he the car that could compete. MAX its game on and prepare for more pain tissues coming mate enroute from Australia. Extra special doomed in gum leaf oil to remove the bad looser component from your life.

Leclerc was the best driver throughout the weekend and deserved his race win. The gap is now just 24 points in the constructors' Championship. It is getting really interesting.

Only Ferrari coming to the fore made Monaco exciting for me but I'm excited even more at the future possibilities that are opening up for our team. Any other team or driver would have made for a disappointing snorefest as is usual for Monaco. Things are definitely looking up!

Whuaaaaa!!!! The best day of the year today!! Charles broke the curse and won in Monaco and Czech Republic just became the world champions in ice hockey! I need to sleep but I can't! Whoaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I'm not 100%, but it just feels like after this win, Charles and Ferrari are going to do some good stuff. I can see Charles going into beast mode now.
    Let the races commence!

I, too, really feel like we’ve turned a corner. Well a bunch of corners.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

If the McLaren is really that good at looking after the tyres, then Piastri would've had zero problem keeping up with Charles throughout the race today, but that wasn't the case here, nor it was in Imola. Only Lando is showing good tyre management skill.

Let's not forget that Ferrari didn't let Charles run his true pace today. We saw how easily he got away from the pack when he finally pushed a bit, but it was nowhere near his maximum.
    and tyre preservation definitely wasn't a large factor when determining the setup to run this weekend.

we need to see more

The WCC is within reach this year!

If Ferrari and Mclaren continue their pace, it's possible.

Ferraris quali pace is always getting hampered by S1. Even this race we were getting killed by the RB in S1. In Imola too same, Miami also same.