Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Monaco GP - Race - Ferrari win

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    and tyre preservation definitely wasn't a large factor when determining the setup to run this weekend.

we need to see more
    We need to keep in mind that there are not one but two more upgrades after the EVO that was JUST introduced and apart from this, we 're just in the fine tuning phase.

We are in for a ride gentlemen, after a good while.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    and tyre preservation definitely wasn't a large factor when determining the setup to run this weekend.

we need to see more
    Tyre preservation should always play the largest factor when setting up the car.
    I have zero problem with Ferrari's approach. They are setting up the car more for the race than for the qualifying, and I fully support it.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    hey Brembo it's 1-1 vs you're fave driver CS this 2024!
    A going away present from Carlo to Charles !

hey Brembo it's 1-1 vs you're fave driver CS this 2024!
    That was a long time coming since Singapore.
    But also, I actually believe that he finally realized that it's in his best interests to show that he can play the team game in a team sport.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Thanks for the pic Greg. The boy has class no need for airs and graces.

Forza Jules

You guys see the pics with Fred, Alex(girlfriend), Prince Albert and Princess Charlene all dressed up?

And Leclerc partying at Jimmy'z's?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leclerc certainly made the pages of several tabloids.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A going away present from Carlo to Charles !
    hahaha going away present? isn't it CS almost got away from lap 1 he is just lucky because SP and HAAS bail him out.

hahaha going away present? isn't it CS almost got away from lap 1 he is just lucky because SP and HAAS bail him out.
    As I said, this was a long time coming and if I am right, there'll be more coming from Carlos ;)

I like that he's still wearing his Ferrari uniform!

The streets of Maranello after Leclerc won.

https://x.com/princeofferrari/status...06311248990393

A Carlos remanere al. 3*posto ha fatto la differenza !

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Tyre preservation should always play the largest factor when setting up the car.
    I have zero problem with Ferrari's approach. They are setting up the car more for the race than for the qualifying, and I fully support it.
    same i love what they're doing, but Monaco is the one place where you can think about tyre deg second. If you can't fire up the tyres for a qualifying lap, then i don't care how good your deg is. That was the biggest concern for the red cars going into this race.

the biggest thing for me this weekend, is it seemed like Charles knew what to do, he was in complete control.

like he KNEW the lap he needed to do to get pole, and he did just that and no more. He took the necessary risks to do that laptime, and no more.

He obviously had pace in hand for the race, but I think he had pace in hand for the qualifying lap too.

A few instances make me tear up - this win for Ferrari and Charles was one of those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    A few instances make me tear up - this win for Ferrari and Charles was one of those moments.
    It is not just the fact that this was a W for the Scuderia.
    It's not even the fact that FINALLY Charles got the W he so desired in his home race.
    It 's the fact this was the first W after so long for the Monegasque people.

This is a very important victory and everyone in the team worked for it. Charles (obviously), Carlos who did everything he could , the team who set up the car in perfection and the pit wall who gave Charles (and Carlos) all the necessary information.

Forza!

Now onto the next race and let's keep pushing.

Now let's hope we can keep up the momentum. A race win in Canada would give Charles great confidence for the remainder of the season.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It is not just the fact that this was a W for the Scuderia.
    It's not even the fact that FINALLY Charles got the W he so desired in his home race.
    It 's the fact this was the first W after so long for the Monegasque people.

This is a very important victory and everyone in the team worked for it. Charles (obviously), Carlos who did everything he could , the team who set up the car in perfection and the pit wall who gave Charles (and Carlos) all the necessary information.

Forza!

Now onto the next race and let's keep pushing.
    I've always tried tempering my emotions regarding the SF - but right now, it feels like we're on an upward trend.
    This win should motivate the team towards the WCC this year (and, the WDC IF possible).

After the false hopes of 2017, '18, & '22.
    The team doesn't feel so broken - rather united!

Forza Ferrai!

Some interesting stats:

Ferrari drivers whom converted Pole into race wins at Monaco:

https://x.com/autosport/status/17951...241473/photo/1

Where was Ferrari after 8 races in the WCC points since 2018:

https://twitter.com/FDataAnalysis/st...12726395605487

Hopefully Vasseur and company changes those stats going forward.

2022 Charles is behind Verstappen by 34 points after 8 rounds , this year this number is 31 points
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I've always tried tempering my emotions regarding the SF - but right now, it feels like we're on an upward trend.
    This win should motivate the team towards the WCC this year (and, the WDC IF possible).

After the false hopes of 2017, '18, & '22.
    The team doesn't feel so broken - rather united!

Forza Ferrai!
    It's quite obvious, even to the non tifosi that Vasseur is doing an outstanding job.
    Only biased (or clueless) people deny this.
    It's very sad to read aftermath comments that try to deny what Charles did, something to the tone of "Everyone in a fast car could do what Charles did".
    But on the other hand, let them sizzle.
    Ferrari is on their EVO #1 out of #3 package, I have all hope that we're on an upper trajectory and at the very least we'll be pushing for the WCC.

It's a very satisfactory feeling when you see the team pushing , doing what Ferrari should be doing.

Hahahaha!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Great ! Thanks !

Lovely pics tifosi our car is a beauty pity about the blue badge but the extra cash counts.

Vasseur is a major upgrade for the team. He seems to have them all working well together. Gone is the blame game and the worst Binotto's finger pointing.
    Bozzi also appears to be a major upgrade (so far)
    Let's see what comes next..................no I don't mean Hamilton.
    I feel we have a chance at the WDC and if luck is on our side, for a change, maybe the WDC.

Forza Jules

RedBull clock the fastest pit stop so far this season for the 6th time in a season. 1.94sec on lap52 for Max Verstappen.

Circuit Gilles Villenueve is another bumpy circuit where riding the kerbs is important. Forza Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapo View Post
    Circuit Gilles Villenueve is another bumpy circuit where riding the kerbs is important. Forza Ferrari.
    hopefully it will affect red bull again and we'll perform better than mclaren as well for a Ferrari 1-2 finish.....i know, i know.....one can dream right
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Glad that Leclerc has silenced his critics who were writing him off.