Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Is your name Thomas?
    No! But I stick to that saying! Too many things have been written about updates, and I've lost mine fate, until I see it on car and car working better (read faster)!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    No! But I stick to that saying! Too many things have been written about updates, and I've lost mine fate, until I see it on car and car working better (read faster)!
    I feel you but some optimism never hurt nο one! Keep your faith and i'm sure our boys will deliver!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I feel you but some optimism never hurt nο one! Keep your faith and i'm sure our boys will deliver!
    It is not that I lost all my fate completely ... I do have optimism... But for me it is easier to have a small dose of optimism and if something goes wrong I'll not be disappointed to much!
    I really do hope that as soon as from this Friday F2012 will be new force to catch!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    I think you meant Singapore..!!!!
    Yes, of course.

Even Mclaren have stated that they have some upgrades for Singapore
    Lotus have a RW and Floor..
    Redbull unknown..
    Hope Fernando is right and Ferrari bring lots of upgrades to Singapore and Dominate this weekend...

Fernando said that his target is to win the next 3 races. Knowing Fernando this target is not his optimism but is based on something. It may not come true but we should be close to the front. The rest is up to Fernando, out team and lady luck!

Hoping for the best!

does anybody have the article where fernando said this?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    does anybody have the article where fernando said this?!?!
    http://m.espnf1.com/s/3394/118?teamN...&allinOne=true

Fernando Alonso has vowed to remain aggressive for the remainder of the championship, but insists he is relaxed about the current championship positions.

Alonso leads the title chase by 37 points from Lewis Hamilton, with Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen also in close contention. The Ferrari driver told Spanish newspaper Marca that he would "go on the attack" and "try to win the next three races".

"I must face these seven races like a chaser and not a leader because there are 175 points up for grabs and 37 are nothing. It can all change in one race," Alonso said. "My only objective in Singapore is to win. I have to put on a perfect display right to the end."

Asked which of his title rivals he feared most, Alonso joked: "If I had to choose between Hamilton or Vettel, I would choose Räikkonen."

But added: "Hamilton is the only one who is capable of winning without having the best car, which is evident as the others only win when they have a good car."

But despite the delicately poised championship standings, Alonso insists he is not worrying about his lead withering away.

"There will be some twists and turns among the title contenders in the final run-in, as it's a closely-fought battle. It's easier when you've got an advantage over the rest. I'm more relaxed than I was last year.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

hopefully in the next 5 races he increases his lead to 50 points

it bodes well for us that Button refuses to help Hamilton. and Red Bull are weak right now. I feel that if we beat the bulls out-right then McLaren will probably self-implode..

However I doubt that luck will continue to hold out on our benifit. we need to speed up the car somehow.
    we're number one

The main problem is the weather in singapore..Rain is forecasted for the entire weekend...Hope rain will hold off long enough for the team to test all the parts...

It is true. Weather forecast on formula1.com is thunderstorms all 3 days. Attachment 4945
    I am not sure will there be race if it is raining?!

Singapore always has passing showers, what they call there "4 pm shower". No threat for the race really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Singapore always has passing showers, what they call there "4 pm shower". No threat for the race really.
    Yes you are right. I remember last year it was the same weather forecast, but it stayed dry for night

Ferrari will bring a new front wing, a new floor and some small updates to Singapore
    source: Autosprint

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Doesn't seems like BIG upgrade!Hope they know what they are doing and it will be enough.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What would be a big update?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    F2012B....that would be a good, no let me rephrase that....GREAT update....LOL
    in all seriousness, i think our car is pretty good as it is and whatever Ferrari will be bringing will be good enough to beat the competition...i have faith in our TEAM...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well since they talk about it from summer break, i just expected more!But if this things give us the mutch needed leap in the perfomance,it's good enough for me.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

When is a new floor not a big update?
    From the rumours, it seems it is not just modifications. I could be wrong, but a very new front wing and floor along with the max downforce and the other bits is pretty hefty.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

do not bypass the swear filter
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

just read the little preview for the GP which formula1.com always do and it did say, ferrari which are bringing a big update...who knows, lets hope so, forza ferrari!

interesting update stuffs.
    can someone translate the story that comes with the image. thanks!!
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    When is a new floor not a big update?
    From the rumours, it seems it is not just modifications. I could be wrong, but a very new front wing and floor along with the max downforce and the other bits is pretty hefty.
    Me thinks a new floor is huge..I hope it works...Wonder if they ran it at the young drivers tests...

Could someone translate that please???

It looks Autosprint suggest Ferrari will bring all those things that they tested at the young driver test..
    but Ferrari will also have some updates that we will only see at Singapore..
    Hope to See a big upgrade similar to Barcelona

Photo from Singapore...on a first glance nothing new to see or at least nothing that suggests BIG update...but lets wait till Friday...

Found on the Net:

Formula 1, Ferrari ready the new aero package for Singapore
    Tested the new front wing and new exhaust. And 'the last major step in development.

the red ready for the trip at night on the city of Singapore.
    Formula 1, Ferrari ready the new aero package for Singapore

ALA FRONT AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS - A Singapore will be mounted yet another updated version of the front wing, which has already given good feedback from Belgium onwards. Bianchi and Rigon tests were very useful to compare the data on the track with those of the wind tunnel and simulator, and taken for granted the contribution in the optimization of aerodynamic flows, the wing will enable the riders to focus on 'use of tires in free practice on Friday, too often just used for aerodynamic tests during the season. The other big news is the bottom plate / diffuser, modified to take advantage of the effect of the discharge and give more grip on a track rather critical from the point of view of mechanical grip. Unlike the wing, however, the new fund has not yet been tested on the track.

DRS FOOT - Furthermore, the Ferrari has developed a system that allows you to operate the device DRS, the opening of the front wing to increase the maximum speed on the straight, through a pedal and not only with the classic control on the steering wheel. A "help" for the drivers especially on a tight and twisty circuit like that of Singapore, which can have both hands free for all other controls on the steering wheel while the DRS will operate after the curve 5, a nearly straight as a prelude to the more detached important of the track, perhaps the only one that can be overcome.

This is no big update, it is just standard nowdays. Hope the article is untrue or at very least the update works as expected.

EDIT: On the above photo we can see front wing with modified pylons. They were on some pictures from Magny-Course.