Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

As I said, couple post earlier, less than two days and we will know where we stand.
    Patience my friends, patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Thank you for understanding Rosso Corsa
    Was my mistake Super M. Apologies again, and thanks!

having been away for a few weeks, seeing some of these post on here makes me want to cry...the negative atttude is just unecessary!! keep the faith guys!

Quote Originally Posted by anuragiyer8989 View Post
    Oh no! Where are the updates? That's last year's car !!

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    Oh no! Where are the updates? That's last year's car !!

That's this years car it has the step Lego nose!

Hello to everybody, this is my first post. Just want to say that Iīm not too optimistic, but I will BELIEVE until the checkered flag in Brazil. I can recall last winter, when expectations of the F2012 were high, I read before first practice in Jerez ( canīt remember where ) something like " first data point to the fact that the car is BAD ". It was devastating, but now, 10 months later, Alonso is fighting for the title. Itīs true that now we have only 4 races to go, and every DNF, every win will be key. Maybe the car will not improve to the level to catch the Red Bulls, but even if itīs just a little behind them, the human factor is in our favor. So, letīs wait, see, and trust Fernando and the team. And if we donīt make it this year, letīs keep the faith for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
    Hello to everybody, this is my first post. Just want to say that Iīm not too optimistic, but I will BELIEVE until the checkered flag in Brazil. I can recall last winter, when expectations of the F2012 were high, I read before first practice in Jerez ( canīt remember where ) something like " first data point to the fact that the car is BAD ". It was devastating, but now, 10 months later, Alonso is fighting for the title. Itīs true that now we have only 4 races to go, and every DNF, every win will be key. Maybe the car will not improve to the level to catch the Red Bulls, but even if itīs just a little behind them, the human factor is in our favor. So, letīs wait, see, and trust Fernando and the team. And if we donīt make it this year, letīs keep the faith for 2013.
    Welcome keep the faith if anyone can bounce back it's Ferrari! Yes we all hoped for more this year but the wind tunnel is still not fixed and getting upgraded the F2013 car is being built in Toyota's wind tunnel for next year so the car should be fast out of the box. If these new planned updates work Fernando WILL be champion before Brazil

I beleive people will be dissapointed if there is not a striking difference to the shape of the car on Friday. Thing is even with a faulty windtunnel they know the areas for improvement and recent updates were for this purpose but they were slightly out hence surely we will not see striking differences only small changes to upgraded parts from last few months so they all work. Lots of small changes can make a big overall difference so come Friday I expect every area that was updated the last few months to be working but the differences in parts may only be a few mm here and there. We will see.

So the wind tunnel providing inaccurate data has already been faulty since they've started developing the F2012 last winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    So the wind tunnel providing inaccurate data has already been faulty since they've started developing the F2012 last winter?
    So it seems yes. What's confused the situation is that sometimes the data is good and the updates work on the track, and sometimes the data is bad and the updates don't work on track. That must be such a complicated situation to have been trying to deal with. On a positive, we're one of the three best cars, so some good data has come out of it somewhere and been utilised to the maximum to keep us in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    i guess so; given that at the beginning of the year as well as in winter testing the F2012 was a DOG, i would say that the wind tunnel has been faulty all along.

so there has been something wrong fundamentally with the wind tunnel all along; that is why Ferrari is NOT using it anymore until will be completely rebuilt and updated.

in the mean time tehy will use the toyota WD in Cologne for the remainder of the year as well as for developing and designing teh 2013 single seater
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Lucky you! Did u meet him?! Can't wait for this practice to begin now!
    No i did not:( he was sitting with 2 guys probably from the team,I just got so nervous,and just didn't know what to do

My best friend is cursing me now!!

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    I am sure that, if Ferrari had some decent upgrades for India and beyond, they'd be giving all the details to us and the media in advance, to allow their competitors to react...
    Actually Ferrari would do the opposite..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    That's this years car it has the step Lego nose!
    It was a joke mate - doesn't harm with all the rumours we've been reading.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    We're both being sarcastic, are we?

Hello and welcome FORZA FERRARI.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    exactly; look at red fools, they kept their mouth traps shut, worked hard, brought updates to every race...NOBODY even knew they had DDRS in singapore and look how well they're doing...

but US ferrari fans demand NEWS all the time; we want them to tell everyone so that we know exactly what they're bringing to race weekends or waht they're working on next...that is DUMB if you ask me.

we should keep all this development work hush, hush...and NOT tell anyone what the next big thing is and what developments we're bringing...

just show up to the next race with a super quick car and have Mclaren and red bull's JAWS drop to the floor when our car is super fast...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Don't see anything different that from previous races...

Welcome!

Welcome aboard

Keep the faith the fat lady isnt on the horizon yet
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Hey, welcome to Ferrari forum! I hope you'll have a great time here.

Can you people imagine where we could be right now, if there wouldn't be any wind tunnel issues? I have wondered about that A LOT

I mean if we can be this fast even with a faulty wind tunnel and still be in the contention for both titles, then just imagine how fast we could've been if the wind tunnel would be working properly.
    But, unfortunately we'll never know...

I just really-really hope that the guys at Maranello will get this problem fixed during the winter shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    exactly; look at red fools, they kept their mouth traps shut, worked hard, brought updates to every race...NOBODY even knew they had DDRS in singapore and look how well they're doing...

but US ferrari fans demand NEWS all the time; we want them to tell everyone so that we know exactly what they're bringing to race weekends or waht they're working on next...that is DUMB if you ask me.

we should keep all this development work hush, hush...and NOT tell anyone what the next big thing is and what developments we're bringing...

just show up to the next race with a super quick car and have Mclaren and red bull's JAWS drop to the floor when our car is super fast...

What are they giving away? The fact that they are bringing a new fw and rw and some updates to the floor & exhaust? Doesn't every team bring those types of updates to almost every race? Ferrari haven't disclosed any 'secret development' . It's all just standard stuff, and it's something that is interesting to read about. It's Ferrari news and as Ferrari fans we want to know what the team is up to.

This was just posted on the Ferrari Facebook page. It says they are running with the Italian Navy Flag for India...so the picture has to be recent. Notice any changes?

615760_10151267124296970_561204922_o.jpg
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

cant see much.. apart from the sidepod vertical winglets... there are 2 small winglets at the top of the sidepod maybe its to connect the vertical flow conditioners otr they have got rid of it and replace it with 2 small winglets at the top!!! apart from that cant se much.. its is the f2012 in india, reason is the brake ducts from korea is on there with the 2 horizontal wings... and since in korea there was no italian flag then it must be in india!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    What are they giving away? The fact that they are bringing a new fw and rw and some updates to the floor & exhaust? Doesn't every team bring those types of updates to almost every race? Ferrari haven't disclosed any 'secret development' . It's all just standard stuff, and it's something that is interesting to read about. It's Ferrari news and as Ferrari fans we want to know what the team is up to.
    Yea, I agree. Ferrari has never given out any specific information about their new updates. They mention the new parts what they're bringing but they never specify anything about the characteristics of the new part. We know what new parts the Red Cow is bringing as well, but that doesn't help us figuring out how much this new part is going to improve their car. As long as Ferrari doesn't give out any top secret data like a certain Lewis did, then I'm fine with Ferrari revealing what new updates they're gonna bring. We, as Ferrari fans want as much information as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Don't see anything different that from previous races...

Autosprint magazine says that the rear brake intakes and the floor/diffuser were interacting badly, that's why the last updates didn't work, corroborated at the Idiada test, the changes for this race are 'milimetrical' and not an 'evolution' but a 'correction' of the previous updates to make them work, but they make a good difference in that area.
    They speculate that the problems in the windtunnel are caused by the change in model scale from 50% to 60%, the same happened to Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Autosprint magazine says that the rear brake intakes and the floor/diffuser were interacting badly, that's why the last updates didn't work, corroborated at the Idiada test, the changes for this race are 'milimetrical' and not an 'evolution' but a 'correction' of the previous updates to make them work, but they make a good difference in that area.
    They speculate that the problems in the windtunnel are caused by the change in model scale from 50% to 60%, the same happened to Mercedes.
    Fine with me. Doesn't have to be noticeable. They have to work!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Fine with me. Doesn't have to be noticeable. They have to work!
    fine with me too...the car can look the same; as long as we gain half a second...