Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495061 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    "Mclaren now stripping the car down in front of the FIA. This doesn't look good."
    Cheated again?

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Cheated again?
    everything is ok now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Wow like 80% of u guys have given up. Saying sack massa sack this sack that. And then what if we sack massa now who will drive. And why not sack alonso then. Why blame massa
    Sack Alonso for what reason?It's the only fighter in this team!Massa is to slow, in 2010-2011 Massa is heavily underperform.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    "Mclaren now stripping the car down in front of the FIA. This doesn't look good."
    Let me guess. Adrian Newey complained about something?

Nah, its hard to feel good about our competitor having a bad time when Ferrari is having it worse.

Ferris problems are in the people who design the car.
    Maybe its time to look for good engineers in the paddock, it does not have to be Adrian Newy there are some good people at smaller teams like sauber lotus force india etc. that managed to build a good car with small ressources and with Ferraris ressources they would build much better cars.

Saubers budget as example is only 50 million euros while Ferri's is 200.
    Its hard to say man. At first glance, it may look like the car is bad all around. BUT, we have to ask ourself, did we have enough time to develop it? Real development takes place on track, there's only so much you can do with a simulator they are not accurate.

One may argue that its the same for every team, but Ferrari work load was not the same. We had so much more to test than other team. So many things are new on the F2012.

We'll know at the end of the season of F2012 was a great car. It takes time. I agree it may be too late to win the title, but what can we do. Testing is limited and we can't pause time.

Ferris problems are in the people who design the car.
    Maybe its time to look for good engineers in the paddock, it does not have to be Adrian Newy there are some good people at smaller teams like sauber lotus force india etc. that managed to build a good car with small ressources and with Ferraris ressources they would build much better cars.

Saubers budget as example is only 50 million euros while Ferri's is 200.
    I'm not sure why we put Pat Fry as technical director. He used to be a race engineer for David Coulthard. I mean it's not like we would ask Smedley or Stella to design the cars would we?

Brawn and Barnard had good track records as technical directors and were proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Very nice guys. But how many chances should you be given?
    If things donīt work. How long are you going to follow that path?
    Should we wait for Stefano to get pension @ the age of 70?
    Its good to have faith in people, absolutley, but not to try other ones, I guess you belive Ferrari have the best people around?

Regarding what we should say to the press. Well, I would prefer we said last year, that we next year will go on a aggressive approach to try and find our way back to the top. That explains what we did this year in a more humble way.
    Not that WE ARE GOING to be at the top fighting. Then we just look stupid. We have a habbit of talking as we promise things. Keep it simple and tell it like it is.

I'd guess you would have sacked Jean Todt in 1996? He was given 7 years after all. Ferrari have suffered from a massive brain drain, you can't replace the likes of Schumacher, Brawn, Bynre, Martinelli, Simon and others over night or in two/three years. Compounded by constant regulation change. I think Ferrari do have the best available people in place, the success of the early 2000s will be impossible to recreate, but they can win championships.

And Ferrari didn't promise anything, they kept expectations in check, perhaps you shouldn't believe every word on twitter.

When i watched the live presentation of this car and the car was revealed, my first impression was Renault 2009 - its nose and sidepods are so simmilar and looks like the results will be simmilar. Some say its agressive design, but for me it looks very basic and unrefined.
    When was the last time an ugly car won a race? I can't remember it in this modern aerodynamic era. No wonder it lacks top speed, its draggy as hell and looks like brick. I hope this car doesn't fall down the order like a brick, in the race...
    And no, im not trying to sound like a smart-ass armchair aerodinamcs expert, it's just my impressions which totally match up with how in reality it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Let me guess. Adrian Newey complained about something?

Nah, its hard to feel good about our competitor having a bad time when Ferrari is having it worse.

Its hard to say man. At first glance, it may look like the car is bad all around. BUT, we have to ask ourself, did we have enough time to develop it? Real development takes place on track, there's only so much you can do with a simulator they are not accurate.

One may argue that its the same for every team, but Ferrari work load was not the same. We had so much more to test than other team. So many things are new on the F2012.

We'll know at the end of the season of F2012 was a great car. It takes time. I agree it may be too late to win the title, but what can we do. Testing is limited and we can't pause time.
    With testing limit, we should have just evolved the F150. There's no EBD's so that is one problem solved. All we had to do is solve the tyre heating problems and refine the aerodynamics.

Hi guys new to the forum, I was at the track today watching the onboard shots on fanvision. The car is a massive handful, they're constantly making steering corrections, has no grip & very tailey to drive.

I'm a big Ferrari fan & I support them win or lose, but I really hope they can get on top of the car. I'm no engineer by any stretch of the imagination but for the last few years we've stopped development on our cars to get a head start on the next & we seem to be getting no where. I know we've made quite a few staff changes so maybe it will take time for this teams new ideas to gel together but I can't help but feel we're wasting Fernando in his prime.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98116

Ferrari sure Fernando Alonso would have reached Q3 without driving mistake

Ferrari technical chief Pat Fry is sure Fernando Alonso would have reached Q3 in Australian Grand Prix qualifying but for his Q2 spin, but doubts he could have got higher than row four.

Alonso will start the Formula 1 season-opener in Melbourne from 12th place after spinning into the gravel during Q2.

"There's no denying that was a difficult qualifying," said Fry. "It's true that with Fernando, we could have got into Q3 with relative ease, given the time he did on his only lap in Q2 with used softs, but I don't think we could have got higher than the fourth row."

Alonso's team-mate Felipe Massa fared even worse and was only 16th fastest, as predictions of a tough start for Ferrari came true.

Team boss Stefano Domenicali urged fans to keep the faith in Ferrari.

"Everyone had been waiting for this hour of qualifying to understand what the pecking order would be: we knew it would be tough for us and that's how it went," he said.

"I understand that at the moment, our fans are disappointed, but I would urge them to be cautious before making any definitive judgement, as if everything was already over. We need to remain calm and concentrated. We have a lot of work to do and our engineers are well aware of that, as indeed they were before even leaving for Melbourne.

"The season is going to be very long, just as tomorrow's race will be long and hard. Given our grid positions, the realistic aim is for us to get both cars into the points. As usual, we will do our utmost."

Fry is sure Ferrari can fare better in the race.

"Let's hope that over a long distance things can be better and we will at least try and exploit the fact that Fernando has no less than four sets of new tyres, while Felipe has two," he said.

"Clearly the two drivers' grid positions are what they are, but we will give it our best shot.

"And it is equally clear that we must work like never before to make the F2012 quicker and to try and reduce the gap to the best as soon as possible."

I think Stefano won't be at Ferrari next year. He has given enough time so far and yet another season started with a lot of catch up to do
    Red is the only color!!!

Felipe only has 2 new set of tyres, not looking good at all for him, Fernando at least has 4. The start, that far behind and with Verne and Kobayashi is kinda scary, Felipe at least start with more "trust worthy" driver around.

Welcome to the forum mate.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Felipe only has 2 new set of tyres, not looking good at all for him, Fernando at least has 4. The start, that far behind and with Verne and Kobayashi is kinda scary, Felipe at least start with more "trust worthy" driver around.
    I am sure Alonso will be in poinsts. Let's say top 6 but not sure what Massa can do starting further back.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sab_g View Post
    Hi guys new to the forum, I was at the track today watching the onboard shots on fanvision. The car is a massive handful, they're constantly making steering corrections, has no grip & very tailey to drive.

I'm a big Ferrari fan & I support them win or lose, but I really hope they can get on top of the car. I'm no engineer by any stretch of the imagination but for the last few years we've stopped development on our cars to get a head start on the next & we seem to be getting no where. I know we've made quite a few staff changes so maybe it will take time for this teams new ideas to gel together but I can't help but feel we're wasting Fernando in his prime.
    Welcome, hope you have a great time at the track tomorrow

I understand what you mean about Fernando, but at the same time clearly he has placed a lot of faith in the team to have signed up until 2016. He obviously expects some good times ahead... I just hope they come sooner rather than later
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I wrote, that I am not talking about this year. Felipa sadly wasn't delivering in 2010 and 2011. That's the worst thing about it.
    Exactly. It is not a question of Alonso being a better driver than Felipe, because everyone agrees on that, but is a question of Felipe not being good enough for Ferrari.
    These last two years, I was under the impression we were racing with only one car. Felipe has never been able to take the team on his shoulders when Alonso wasn't delivering. And that's the big problem. Every time Alonso hits trouble, we know that the week-end is over and that we might as well turn the TV off because Massa is just not cutting it. And that is seriously frustrating.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and the 2008 Brazilian GP was one of the most infamous moment in my life as a tifoso, but I really think Ferrari should part ways with him. We can't afford to be exclusively relying on Alonso. Not anymore.

Awwwww man. We looked much better in my imagination.

Last year McLaren is also revolutionary, new pull-rod rear, u-pod design but in qualifying, still turn out good. P2, at all first 3 races Melbourne, Malaysia and China.

We have more than enough time, we started months earlier than other teams.
    Other teams also have the same limited track time. Or we need to go back to Schumacher days with unlimited testing only then we can challenge for the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Awwwww man. We looked much better in my imagination.
    I wish we could convert your imagination to reality
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    I'm not sure why we put Pat Fry as technical director. He used to be a race engineer for David Coulthard. I mean it's not like we would ask Smedley or Stella to design the cars would we?

Brawn and Barnard had good track records as technical directors and were proven.
    He would be a good choice I think:

After graduating from Cambridge, James put his engineering skills to immediate use in Formula One by joining the aero department of Benetton in 1991. A couple of years later he moved to Larrousse as Head of Aerodynamics before returning to Enstone for a second time with Benetton, this time as Head of Aerodynamics in the mid-1990s. A five-year spell with Ferrari began in 2000 as James oversaw trackside aerodynamic operations during the most successful time in the Scuderia’s history.

In 2005 James returned to Enstone to join the Renault F1 Team in the role of Deputy Technical Director as the team won back-to-back drivers’ and constructors’ world championships.
    In 2009 James moved to his current role as Technical Director.
    It was a mistake to let him and also Ross Brawn go, now both are doing a good job with their teams.
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 17th March 2012 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post
    Last year McLaren is also revolutionary, new pull-rod rear, u-pod design but in qualifying, still P2 behind Vettel at Melbourne, Malaysia and China.

We have more than enough time, we started months earlier than other teams.
    Other teams also have the same limited track time. Or we need to go back to Schumacher days with unlimited testing only then we can challenge for the championship.
    It takes other teams like mclaren to solve the problems with their cars like couple of weeks ot at top a month where as we it takes months.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Exactly. It is not a question of Alonso being a better driver than Felipe, because everyone agrees on that, but is a question of Felipe not being good enough for Ferrari.
    Well, its the first race of the season, with new car that's struggling. So I think Massa deserve a break all things considered. Maybe Massa is not as quick to adept to this new difficult car, maybe he need more mileage, we don't know.

Massa will have the entire 2012 season to prove himself to Ferrari. If the team believe they need someone else in his place, then the team will simply hire a new driver next year. Luca is free to decide, no one can force him to hire Massa next year if he doesn't want to. But obviously Luca is letting Massa prove himself this year before we make a decision once Massa contract ends this year

But as I said, we have an entire year ahead of us, so lets see how Massa will settle in with this new car and what happens.

The way i see it is that the car is pretty bad, but it can improve a lot very quickly. alo so hopes to challenge for the win in the next few races, so I hope so. They just have to keep at it, and get the balance right. When they do that they can be a lot closer, but then they need China updates to give more downforce.
    They didn't get the time they needed in FP, so Malaysia may get better, but, they really do have to increase development pace quickly.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Welcome, hope you have a great time at the track tomorrow

I understand what you mean about Fernando, but at the same time clearly he has placed a lot of faith in the team to have signed up until 2016. He obviously expects some good times ahead... I just hope they come sooner rather than later
    Thanks, let's repay his faith!

Just watched the qualifying replay, man that other guy next to Martin is LOUD!

I won't panic too much if it goes badly tomorrow. Australia can have a high rate of attrition, we don't know how reliable the other cars are yet, and there are some unknown quantities nearer the front of the grid that could shake things up. Not to mention that from the sounds of it, there could be protests.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    1)
    6) with our inability to develop with CFD simulations it seems to be loop and we dont know how to solve it
    Also, you forget to note the "State of the art" simulator. Obviously, the processing power is not present in Maranelo. They need 10-20 racks of Linux beasts running that fine CFD software that RB/McLaren/Mercedes have. Remember, that was the 1st thing BMW did when they bought Sauber. And the beasts are still there doing their fine job...

It's always the same. Ferrari is not extremely innovative and that it's in DNA. Back on the days of Enzo, they "refused" to use disk brakes, "refused" to examine aerodynamics, later refused to see the benefits of V10 etc, etc, etc...

Grosjean P3
    Looks like it could be McLaren's year.
    As for Ferrari, well, as Stefano would say, there's always next year

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    Good for you. Some of us don't need reassurances/wins to continue supporting Ferrari.
    if you don't need wins maybe you should put your support behind HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Also, you forget to note the "State of the art" simulator. Obviously, the processing power is not present in Maranelo. They need 10-20 racks of Linux beasts running that fine CFD software that RB/McLaren/Mercedes have. Remember, that was the 1st thing BMW did when they bought Sauber. And the beasts are still there doing their fine job...

It's always the same. Ferrari is not extremely innovative and that it's in DNA. Back on the days of Enzo, they "refused" to use disk brakes, "refused" to examine aerodynamics, later refused to see the benefits of V10 etc, etc, etc...
    Thats why Ferrari have the most WDC & WCC.

So, Sauber, had different time frame I suppose? Because they had to switch to Pull Rod suspension too and they delivered an excellent car. I strongly believe that they have a very fine car (just look at the way their drivers turns...).

And Mercedes had all the time of the word to develop that F-Duct? Why Mercedes and not Ferrari?