Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565768 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Yes that is where I got the pic from, but look at the shape - the launch one is level on top(where the thumb and the 2 side supports joins) - this one, the thumb sits lower ?

Yes, that is where I got the pic from, but look at where the side supports joins the thumb .... looks different to me ....

Nose compare.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Yes, that is where I got the pic from, but look at where the side supports joins the thumb .... looks different to me ....

Nose compare.jpg
    I thing its just the angle of each pic!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Gianlu D'Alessandro ‏@Gianludale27
    La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Ferrari will bring some upgrades in Russia, especially related to the engine
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

so what kind of upgrades do we expect in may ???

a) turbo fix
    b) new shell fuel
    c) engine mods to run it at 100%

im i correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    so what kind of upgrades do we expect in may ???

a) turbo fix
    b) new shell fuel
    c) engine mods to run it at 100%

im i correct ?
    Something like that in the PU!!And the chassis,perhaps something in there too!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What happened to the S-Duct speculation, haven't heard anything about it since. Hopefully we will see that before long.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    What happened to the S-Duct speculation, haven't heard anything about it since. Hopefully we will see that before long.
    i guess it was JUST that, speculation....or maybe we'll see it at out next BIG aero upgrade package....we\re gonna have to wait and see
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

In the article mentioned on grandrpix247, they say that Ferrari is losing about half a second because of the turbo issue... that's huge if true. Wouldn't that put us ahead of Mercedes once fixed ?? :o

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/...for-turbo-fix/

Half a second is a huge in the F1 today....You can't get a half a second within 2-3 months, whatever you do

I doubt its half a second, maybe "up to half a second". In any case, even if its 2-3 tenths and engine upgrades come by Sochi (Gazzetta, on reliability grounds) we are in for a wild ride.

Our car looks so good aerodynamically. Very planted and fast in fast and middle corners, but we seem to lose a bit more in low speed corners duo to turbo and MGUH problems. In any case, we are getting better and better as we understand our car and we still have no updates

BTW Our diffuser looks very complex, Mercs looks like childs play in comparison.
    Last edited by darkchild; 16th April 2016 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I doubt its half a second, maybe "up to half a second". In any case, even if its 2-3 tenths and engine upgrades come by Sochi (Gazzetta, on reliability grounds) we are in for a wild ride.

Our car looks so good aerodynamically. Very planted and fast in fast and middle corners, but we seem to lose a bit more in low speed corners duo to turbo and MGUH problems. In any case, we are getting better and better as we understand our car and we still have no updates

BTW Our diffuser looks very complex, Mercs looks like childs play in comparison.
    It is not how it looks, it is more how it works

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

Ferrari looked good on traction too, compared to TR team. Thanks to Allison.
    If u see the race, corner exit compared to redbulls & TR we r having better of them.

Corner exits maybe good, but I think Mercs are stronger there. Also, the poise of our car midcorner is not strong enough like RedBull. Overall, I think we have got a lot of work to do, be it the chassis or the PU.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

So we have some parts coming for Russia, let's see if that puts us on pole .

Are Ultra soft or what ever they are called used in Russia?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Are Ultra soft or what ever they are called used in Russia?
    i don't think so, first time we'll see those i think will be MONACO
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

As an ardent fan, pls paint Ferrari in all red for remaining races

Great 1st post !! Sounds good !

Looks like we have got some minor updates coming for Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel
    "Overall not the smoothest road to Russia so hopefully we will have a solid weekend there. Last year the car felt pretty good and we made a step forward with the car and power unit, so quite confident for Russia. A couple of bits coming so hopefully a bit stronger and a smoother weekend."

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Corner exits maybe good, but I think Mercs are stronger there. Also, the poise of our car midcorner is not strong enough like RedBull. Overall, I think we have got a lot of work to do, be it the chassis or the PU.
    We shouldnt fool ourselves. That merc has a lot more in reserve than they are showing. Hamilton started from the back, had to do 5 pit stops, had a nose cone change.. and then ended up 7th. How many teams can do that? That merc is way ahead of the competition. We have a long way to go.
    Silently, like a shadow

The 5 stops do not mean much, 3 of those were before the safety car went in and the race was reset.
    Last edited by DelMar; 21st April 2016 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    We shouldnt fool ourselves. That merc has a lot more in reserve than they are showing. Hamilton started from the back, had to do 5 pit stops, had a nose cone change.. and then ended up 7th. How many teams can do that? That merc is way ahead of the competition. We have a long way to go.
    Not an attack but how come Ham couldn't pass Kimi and Felippe if Merc is that much faster? And Kimi could pass him.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Not an attack but how come Ham couldn't pass Kimi and Felippe if Merc is that much faster? And Kimi could pass him.
    Ham had damage to his car's floor ... that is why

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Well, Arrivabene made me look like a complete fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Motosport.com
    Nico Rosberg maintained Mercedes' strong start to the campaign, as he reeled off his third consecutive victory in Shanghai on a weekend when Red Bull managed to get itself on the front row.

But Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene thinks that Ferrari failed to show its true potential last weekend, as mistakes in qualifying and a first corner clash between its drivers cost it dearly.

"In qualifying we could target pole position," he explained. "With our calculation we believed we were one tenth behind Mercedes, which is a margin that with a final push from the drivers could even be reduced to zero. But it didn't happen.

"Both Seb and Kimi are working hard, they are regularly in Maranello and they are spending a lot of time with their engineers.

"In qualifying there were mistakes, but in the race they did well. I also saw a great thing from Seb – who in the pits passed two cars. He demonstrates why his salary is higher than that of Carlos Sainz."

Performance over reliability

Ferrari's results in the early stage of the campaign have been hurt by reliability issues, with Raikkonen suffering a turbo failure in Australia and Vettel having a blown engine in Bahrain.

Arrivabene says that such issue are the price the team has paid for making a deliberate push to increase performance for 2016.

"The car is very good," he said. "When last year we planned work for 2016, we had two choices: give precedence to reliability or to performance.

"In our case, the imperative was to make up ground to Mercedes, so we chose the second option. Mercedes could instead focus more on reliability having already a good performance. But obviously we knew we took some risk by focusing on pure performance."

After the Australia and Bahrain disappointment, Arrivabene was therefore delighted that both cars got through the Shanghai weekend with no mechanical problems.

"In China it was important to find reliability, and on this front we breathed a sigh of relief," he explained.

"It was an important step, because I believe that in terms of performance we improved a lot. This Mercedes is the strongest team seen in the last ten years of the world championship, and to beat them you need to take some risks."

Steady developments

Ferrari will bring a few minor updates to the Russian Grand Prix, with it adopting the philosophy of steady progress through the campaign rather than a series of staged bigger jumps.

"There will be something [for Sochi], but nothing of great importance," he said. "We decided long ago the philosophy of a gradual development, because when you start a season with a whole new project, it makes no sense to bring revolutionary packages.

"We have to work step-by-step, learning about the car and working on the points that are identified as improvable. If you make big jumps you risk losing direction."

He added: "Even for the engine development we have chosen the same philosophy that we apply to the car. Of course we will spend some tokens on performance, but gradually."
    Personally, I think gap is bigger (more like 3-4 tenths), but if the boss says its 1/10th then we are in for a treat of a season!!

F1 show biz 2016 :

In sector 1 kimi lost 0.023 to Rosberg. Sector 2 was 0.027. So only 0.05 down after S1 + S2. Kimi lost 0.4 in S3 with a mistake at the hairpin. With a great S3 I believe the gap could have been 0.2 or better.

Well it looks over-optimistic,BUT MA haven't used us in big words!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

According to Motorsport Italia, Ferrari will bring a new engine (3 tokens spent on combustion) in Russia
    From Gianlu
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

I wonder if this will include the turbo fix.. I'm looking forward to see the engines at 100%.