Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 193031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1631

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Redstorm View Post
    Today was an entertaining race.
    A little disappointing by how things turned out, but entertaining.
    Hamilton is playing mind games.
    He let off the throttle on that turn and was trying to screw with Vettel.
    Vettel should have controlled his temper, but I do not blame him one bit for getting upset and reacting the way he did.
    Unfortunately, he had to pay for those actions and I think it was fair.
    Hamilton will continue to play mind games an example is after the race saying that Vettel is a disgrace and not a good role model for children.
    Earlier this year he was all lovey dovy with Vettel.
    He likes playing mind games and playing the victim. Gloves are off, I hope Vettel kicks his butt!
    The only disgraceful thing today was the nose ring on Hamilton. That's a disgrace!
    Very good analysis. Definitely hamster playing mind games here. If he says Vettel as disgrace for the sport.
    1.What he did to Ricciardo earlier this season, even disgrace for f1
    2. A 3 time world champ asking for help from his team mate to slow down n block vettel. What it's called as??
    3. After Monaco win from Ferrari, hamster calling Kimi as no.2 driver?? Playing mind games? He is indirectly conveying to his mercs team that they should prefer him over bottas n in coming races he should way for him, if ham struggles.

I still don't understand why bottas braked so early once again destroying kimi's race. He's got away with it twice now just becoz it's considered a first lap incident. What if this happens again,does he gets excused again....

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I still don't understand why bottas braked so early once again destroying kimi's race. He's got away with it twice now just becoz it's considered a first lap incident. What if this happens again,does he gets excused again....
    Yes he will be excused again.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yes he will be excused again.
    And as a result Now kimi has fallen behind ricciardo in the championship standings.

And as a result Now kimi has fallen behind ricciardo in the championship standings.
    Watch out next time RB Max will take Kimi or vet out.
    Still FIA will remain calm.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Its the additive/additives in the oil that serve as a "reacting agent" with the fuel in the combustion chamber to give an added boost. Oil, before Baku, was not regulated on a
    molecular level like the fuel currenty is. Oil was(past tense) regulated on volume level.
    No, additives in the oil will not do anything for combustion since the oil quantity is just too small to contribute to the flame front. Burning some oil is a side effect. As the oil enters the combustion chamber it helps seal the piston to cylinder and piston ring to piston clearances. In essence it boosts compression ratio by a slim margin.
    However i cannot get my head around this. How they are able to draw oil into the combustion chamber at will is beyond me. And even then, how they get the ecu to compensate for the timing advance needed to take advantage of it.
    I sincerely think that they are adding coolant into the chamber, not oil. In effect it reduces the temperatures inside the chamber and allows for more timing.
    Drift cars run water injection or methanol injection or a mixture of both.

Quote Originally Posted by piglett View Post
    No, additives in the oil will not do anything for combustion since the oil quantity is just too small to contribute to the flame front. Burning some oil is a side effect. As the oil enters the combustion chamber it helps seal the piston to cylinder and piston ring to piston clearances. In essence it boosts compression ratio by a slim margin.
    However i cannot get my head around this. How they are able to draw oil into the combustion chamber at will is beyond me. And even then, how they get the ecu to compensate for the timing advance needed to take advantage of it.
    I sincerely think that they are adding coolant into the chamber, not oil. In effect it reduces the temperatures inside the chamber and allows for more timing.
    My understanding is that they are using engine oil as fuel. Since the fuel rate is restricted, if they want additional fuel for extra performance, they use some of the engine oil as fuel as well.

Burning of lubricant oil is a side effect in engine under normal situation, but can be intentionally increased.
    The ECU controls the pressure of the crankcase, and that is how they use it to control the amount of engine oil being burned.

There's an article here that explains how it can be done
    https://drivetribe.com/p/AlqP8ipBTay...S7y12laY_NfevA

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    That's 1. And second - Lewis made very inappropriate remarks to the race director AND the stewards by, in effect, telling them they are not up their job in deciding Seb's penalty. In football negating the referee's decision gets you an yellow card for disrespect. Hamster has shown his disrespect to Charlie and the stewards (FIA) and got away with it.
    Don't forget Vettel too abused Charlie & got away with it

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    Don't understand why people r assuming Ferrari got caught burning oil and that's why there was a drop off in quali.for Crist sakes they gave him a old engine with a lot of miles on it it's also in not the same spec either. there at least on there 2nd evolution if not a third.pretty impressive that looser couldn't pass a car that's down on power
    Horner pretty much admitted it was Ferrari to Brundle on the grid walk.
    Forza Ferrari

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Horner pretty much admitted it was Ferrari to Brundle on the grid walk.
    Horner admitting on our behalf doesnt make it true. Lets see what happens in austria first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Does not absolve Seb from his reaction, but Hamilton should've been penalized as well. I think after he pitted to fix his collar thing, the stewards pulled back any penalty they had in the works.
    Fia stewards and fia says hi did not brake test. İt's so obvious that he did. They are al favouring their boy. Still can't believe he has not been given a penalty. He should have been given at least a drive through in my eyes for brake testing but, oh well.
    Red is the only color!!!

The Grand Prix through my eyes :

Did Hamilton break test Vettel : NO ....(i have looked at a few clips and can't see that he did)
    Did Hamilton slow down on the entry/exit of the corner : YES. ( If it was Vettel who did this, we'd all be saying that Vettel controls the distance to the safety car and bad luck for Hamilton hitting us ?
    Was Vettel to hasty in getting close to Hamilton for the restart : I'D SAY 50/50. There was no chance in Vettel overtaking Hamilton on the straight, Right ?

Was Vettel wrong in driving into Hamilton : In hind sight : YES. ( But then i can understand his frustration)

Al in all. DID WE LOSE THE RACE : YES WE DID

A pity, but better luck next time Mr Vettel ( keep a cool head please )
    Drive it like you stole it!

OMG, British media is all over Seb today. Reading the papers I just wonder if Seb is already in prison. I can imagine what will Silverstone bring as show in 3 weeks.

OMG, British media is all over Seb today. Reading the papers I just wonder if Seb is already in prison. I can imagine what will Silverstone bring as show in 3 weeks.
    Hopefully by then it's blown over thought I'm pretty sure the British media we remind the fans about it so vettel gets booed

Super M, we did not really lose the race. Ham lost the race - instead of narrowing the gap to Seb, which was his primary objective, Seb increased the gap, albeit by 2 points. Yes, we did not win but did not lose, as well. The looser is Ham.

Why also Kimi with a new engine had speed problems on straights ?

Super M, we did not really lose the race. Ham lost the race - instead of narrowing the gap to Seb, which was his primary objective, Seb increased the gap, albeit by 2 points. Yes, we did not win but did not lose, as well. The looser is Ham.
    I hear you and agree to a point.

The media is having a nasty go at Vettel, and one could say that it's deserved. Vettel is 4 time champion, You can't go and bash into your competitor coz he did something you didn't like ??..........Had he complained on the radio, Perhaps something could have come from that. But the mere fact that Vettel blatantly hit Hamilton, The stewards didn't take into consideration what Hamilton did ? ( its a double edge sword here.

What we saw what happened to Hamilton and him coming in to fasten his ( headrest ) We'd be having the last laugh and winning the GP. ( Hamilton would have been mad even more )
    Drive it like you stole it!

Yes, the British media will have a field-day over this and it's a good job Silverstone isn't the next race, as it is Seb will probably need a bodyguard to keep all those HAM fanatics at bay! The Seb incident is being blown out of all proportion, yes it was stupid, and we won't be allowed to forget it in a hurry.

Horner admitting on our behalf doesnt make it true. Lets see what happens in austria first.
    I think the gap in quali showed something.
    Forza Ferrari

hahaha.. kimis radio is most amusing. Does anyone else feel that his voice on radio does not match his face? As in, you see people and you expect a certain type of voice. His voice doesnt match his face.
    Silently, like a shadow

Vettel plans to “sort it out” with Hamilton after Baku run-in

Sebastian Vettel says he is planning talks with Lewis Hamilton to clear the air following their clash in Formula 1's Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Vettel was handed a 10-second stop/go penalty for dangerous driving after turning into Hamilton as they readied themselves for the second restart at Baku.

It came moments after Vettel shunted the rear of the Mercedes at the exit of Turn 15, claiming his F1 title rival had brake tested him - although FIA data showed there was no proof of that.

Vettel believes Hamilton should have also been penalised for the incident, while Hamilton said Vettel had "disgraced himself" with his actions.

"I don't have a problem with him," insisted Vettel. "I respect him a lot for the driver he is.

"I don't think that was his intention [to damage Vettel's front wing] because he's also risking damage to his car, and his race is over.

"Now is not the right time to talk.

"I'll do that just with him and clear it and move on.

"Maybe I'm not clever enough but I'm not complicated.

"I'm willing to sort it out with him, I don't think there's much to sort out."

Vettel finished fourth, with Hamilton fifth after an extra pitstop to repair a loose headrest and as a result, Vettel extended his lead in the drivers' standings to 14 points.

In addition to his stop/go penalty, Vettel was also given three penalty points for the incident, taking his total to nine for the past 12 months.

That leaves him just three points away from a race ban under F1 rules, following three other offences he committed last season.

When asked if felt his actions would tarnish his reputation, the four-time world champion said: "No.

"We're here to race. We're grown ups and people expect us to race and use our elbows, that's what people want.

"Here and there you might get a bit close but people want real overtaking not just us driving past.

"I enjoyed the race but I don't think it's the right thing that I got a penalty and he didn't."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...run-in-923581/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel plans to “sort it out” with Hamilton after Baku run-in

Sebastian Vettel says he is planning talks with Lewis Hamilton to clear the air following their clash in Formula 1's Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Vettel was handed a 10-second stop/go penalty for dangerous driving after turning into Hamilton as they readied themselves for the second restart at Baku.

It came moments after Vettel shunted the rear of the Mercedes at the exit of Turn 15, claiming his F1 title rival had brake tested him - although FIA data showed there was no proof of that.

Vettel believes Hamilton should have also been penalised for the incident, while Hamilton said Vettel had "disgraced himself" with his actions.

"I don't have a problem with him," insisted Vettel. "I respect him a lot for the driver he is.

"I don't think that was his intention [to damage Vettel's front wing] because he's also risking damage to his car, and his race is over.

"Now is not the right time to talk.

"I'll do that just with him and clear it and move on.

"Maybe I'm not clever enough but I'm not complicated.

"I'm willing to sort it out with him, I don't think there's much to sort out."

Vettel finished fourth, with Hamilton fifth after an extra pitstop to repair a loose headrest and as a result, Vettel extended his lead in the drivers' standings to 14 points.

In addition to his stop/go penalty, Vettel was also given three penalty points for the incident, taking his total to nine for the past 12 months.

That leaves him just three points away from a race ban under F1 rules, following three other offences he committed last season.

When asked if felt his actions would tarnish his reputation, the four-time world champion said: "No.

"We're here to race. We're grown ups and people expect us to race and use our elbows, that's what people want.

"Here and there you might get a bit close but people want real overtaking not just us driving past.

"I enjoyed the race but I don't think it's the right thing that I got a penalty and he didn't."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...run-in-923581/
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Why also Kimi with a new engine had speed problems on straights ?
    Kimi as usual sleeping on restarts.

http://teamstre.am/2sFXMLV

Well strong words from Lewis. Doesn't know when to shut up does he?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Lewis Hamilton rejects call to talk from title rival Sebastian Vettel

"I don't fancy seeing him," says Hamilton after Mercedes and Ferrari drivers clash in Azerbaijan GP, "It might turn into something else"

Lewis Hamilton says he has no intention of speaking to Sebastian Vettel about their collisions in the Azerbaijan GP.

Hamilton branded Vettel's driving in Baku "dangerous" and "disgusting" after the Ferrari twice hit his Mercedes.

"If he wants to prove that he's a man then I think that we should do it out of the car, face to face," Hamilton said immediately after the race.

The Mercedes driver then told Sky Sports News HQ: "I don't fancy seeing him. It might turn into something else."

Hamilton slams 'disgusting' Vettel

Although race stewards meted out a 10-second stop-and-go penalty against Vettel, the championship leader refused afterwards to admit any wrongdoing - but did tell reporters he would try to contact Hamilton privately.

But, speaking later on Sunday night, Hamilton responded: "I've heard what he said after the race.

"Firstly, he doesn't have my number. I'm going to do my talking on the track.

"All I'm thinking is 'get my head together'. I want to kill it in the next 12 races."

Vettel accused Hamilton of 'brake-testing' him when their cars were running behind the Safety Car during Sunday's chaotic and controversial Grand Prix before arguing his penalty was "harsh".

The Ferrari driver then told reporters: "I don't have a problem with him. I respect him a lot for the driver he is. I don't think this is the right time to talk. I will do that just with him.

"I am willing to sort it out with him but l don't think there is much to sort out. I will talk with him when you [the media] are not here. I don't think there is a big problem."

But Hamilton's furious denouncement of the championship leader marks the end of their 'friendly rivalry', with the Hamilton-Vettel bromance, which until now had been the signature feature of the season, already a thing of the past.

In the words of Mercedes chief Toto Wolff, "the gloves are now off" in the world championship battle.

"I like to think I remain respectful and l will continue to be so," added Hamilton. "I want to do the talking on the track. I want to win this championship the right way."

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...bastian-vettel

Quote Originally Posted by piglett View Post
    recommend reading the several pages

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...0dcf21298c6673

Every driver with a brain cannot brake inside a chicane, because you know the consequences. You cant do that on the race neither under safety car. He risks to destroy his race for damaging Vettel. Both bottas and Ham are playing like nobrains, masochistic