Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 223334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1861

Thread: 2018 F1 news

So FIA say it's legal, no idea where this limited illegality has come from other than someone on twitter?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So FIA say it's legal, no idea where this limited illegality has come from other than someone on twitter?
    Looks like so.

post #1369(page 46) same thread. The FIA came up with the term according to the article.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Once again Ferrari are being pulled to pieces by internal conflict and rumours, it seems, if we let Binotto go then we will be back to square one, probably without a competitive car, a troubled Sebastian and a waste of new talent in Charles. You wouldn't believe they won last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    post #1369(page 46) same thread. The FIA came up with the term according to the article.
    Italian to English never translates well, looks like FIA say it's legal anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Once again Ferrari are being pulled to pieces by internal conflict and rumours, it seems, if we let Binotto go then we will be back to square one, probably without a competitive car, a troubled Sebastian and a waste of new talent in Charles. You wouldn't believe they won last weekend!
    Letting Binnotto go would be "typical" Ferrari thing to do. Remember Aldo Costa, ex Ferrari TD and one of the pioneers of current Mercedes domination. He was scapegoated for 2011 car but the funny thing is, 2012 car turned out to be an even bigger lemon. Ferrari never recovered from Costa's departure until the appointment of James Allison.

As many said before, I rather lose Arrivabene than Binnotto.

Italian to English never translates well,

What is so hard about the title of the article when it contains the words "L'illegalità limitata." To me that says Limited Illegality. Unless your saying that Italians never translate well regarding this article or they simply got this verbage wrong??

What is so hard about the title of the article when it contains the words "L'illegalità limitata." To me that says Limited Illegality. Unless your saying that Italians never translate well regarding this article or they simply got this verbage wrong??
    Well Whiting has said it's legal to them so I guess the article can be dismissed.
    Forza Ferrari

Well Whiting has said it's legal to them so I guess the article can be dismissed.

as well as your twitter comment and your "English never translates well" comment.

as well as your twitter comment and your "English never translates well" comment.
    Not really, Italian to English does not translate well.
    Forza Ferrari

Not really, Italian to English does not translate well.
    yeah, you would used that generalization regarding the wording of L'illegalità limitata. I was being specific. The FIA mentioned 'Limited Illegality" according to the Italians at motorsport.

So yes, the rims are legal regarding "Limited Illegality" according to the FIA. Which to me "Limited Illegality" is a crock of [censored by FOM].

I agree with you Greig.

This holes are clearly for cooling, Ham overheated the tyres and Bot had to nurse them and was nowhere after Mercedes closed the holes.
    FIA says the aero benefit is negligible, and the problem starts there, even if it's insignificant, if the aero benefit exists the holes might be considered illegal by race stewards if Ferrari filed a protest.
    I think this is taking the rules near the absurd.

yeah, you would used that generalization regarding the wording of L'illegalità limitata. I was being specific. The FIA mentioned 'Limited Illegality" according to the Italians at motorsport.

So yes, the rims are legal regarding "Limited Illegality" according to the FIA. Which to me "Limited Illegality" is a crock of [censored by FOM].
    FIA say they are legal nothing more nothing less, so the article seems to be wrong. Maybe Ferrari can show the FIA why they are illegal.....
    Forza Ferrari

what are we bickering about now at each other???? we're back on form, thanks to going back 3-4 months of useless ferrari development....which is sad really, which means that we have NO idea how to defelop a car, STILL, half way through the season.....the same OLD story since.....well since the LIMITLESS INSEASON REAL TRACK TESTING which stopped in 2009......

so either our new state of the art wind tunnel which cost AN ARM AND A LEG is NOT up to par of Merc's or red bulls, OR our engineers don't knwo how ot interpret the numbers they're seeing.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

FIA say they are legal nothing more nothing less, so the article seems to be wrong. Maybe Ferrari can show the FIA why they are illegal.....
    So now you're saying Italian Motorsport is wrong by putting the words "Limited Illegality" (in Italian) in their title of said article? Give me a break Greig????

So now you're saying Italian Motorsport is wrong by putting the words "Limited Illegality" (in Italian) in their title of said article? Give me a break Greig????
    Yes looks like they were wrong as Whiting says they believe it to be legal there is nothing much else to say. Why would you take an Italian article over actual quotes from Whiting? Would not be the first time a website Italian or otherwise got things wrong. We could publish articles here saying whatever, does not make it true
    Forza Ferrari

one can never WIN an argument with Greig....even if you show him proof, black and white.....just tell him he's right and get on with your day....it's much easier and stress FREE for you....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yes looks like they were wrong as Whiting says they believe it to be legal there is nothing much else to say. Why would you take an Italian article over actual quotes from Whiting? Would not be the first time a website Italian or otherwise got things wrong. We could publish articles here saying whatever, does not make it true
    then if they were 100% legal as you may have be thinking, then HOW COME Mercedes has covered up the holes in the rear wheels with either silicone or glue when they showed up in Austin??? something FISHY THERE ME THINKS....

Of course Whiting says they are legal. Why would he say otherwise?? He's agreeing with the FIA. The FIA says the rims are legal because of "limited illegality."

I could use that term on Ferrari's winglets when they put them on their mirrors. My response to whomever filed the "complaint" about the winglets on the mirrors would be: "Nope, they are legal because of "limited illegality." (I'm just using the winglets on the mirrors as an example)

Limited Illegality opens up a "whole can of worms."

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    then if they were 100% legal as you may have be thinking, then HOW COME Mercedes has covered up the holes in the rear wheels with either silicone or glue when they showed up in Austin??? something FISHY THERE ME THINKS....

They covered up the holes for a number of reasons: 1) Fear of protest from Ferrari 2) Lewis's points for the WDC.

So yes, it was a "safeguard" to cover up the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    one can never WIN an argument with Greig....even if you show him proof, black and white.....just tell him he's right and get on with your day....it's much easier and stress FREE for you....
    1 Italian article is not proof lol, nevermind that we have quotes from Whiting on Autosport.......
    Forza Ferrari

Of course Whiting says they are legal. Why would he say otherwise?? He's agreeing with the FIA. The FIA says the rims are legal because of "limited illegality."

I could use that term on Ferrari's winglets when they put them on their mirrors. My response to whomever filed the "complaint" about the winglets on the mirrors would be: "Nope, they are legal because of "limited illegality." (I'm just using the winglets on the mirrors as an example)

Limited Illegality opens up a "whole can of worms."
    LOL there is no limited illegality he says they are LEGAL read HIS WORDS, nothing more needs to be said for goodness sake. There is no mention of limited illegality none at all other than 1 article in an Italian website.
    Forza Ferrari

1 Italian article is not proof lol, nevermind that we have quotes from Whiting on Autosport.......
    It's not just an Italian article. It's Italian Motorsport.

FerrariF60 and myself are not discrediting qoutes from Whiting from Autosport.

Rims are legal...I know that......but they are legal according too "limited illegality."

Rims are legal...I know that......but they are legal according too "limited illegality."
    It's just a website not the authority of Italian Motorsport lol

Rims are legal, nothing about limited illegality as you keep saying.
    Forza Ferrari

correction: hard, medium, and soft.
    The compounds might be medium, super soft and hyper soft. They will just refer to them as soft, medium and hard.
    Forza Ferrari

Just spoke to a friend in Italy, the limited illegality thing is what Ferrari believe not the FIA, Ferrari believe the rims to be ok apart from some parts (he guesses the holes) that make them illegal so without the holes then they would be legal in Ferrari's opinion, but the FIA believe even with the holes the rims are legal, so it's not the FIA that have said they are limited illegality.
    Forza Ferrari

Not Sure if this is anything to worried about but as they say behind every rumour there is some truth!
    Are we set to lose another key piece of our jigsaw puzzle???

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._for_Mercedes/

Quote Originally Posted by No1.FerrariFan! View Post
    Not Sure if this is anything to worried about but as they say behind every rumour there is some truth!
    Are we set to lose another key piece of our jigsaw puzzle???

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._for_Mercedes/
    its a big worry, if they get him then enjoy another few years of merc domination
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Just spoke to a friend in Italy, the limited illegality thing is what Ferrari believe not the FIA, Ferrari believe the rims to be ok apart from some parts (he guesses the holes) that make them illegal so without the holes then they would be legal in Ferrari's opinion, but the FIA believe even with the holes the rims are legal, so it's not the FIA that have said they are limited illegality.
    that is WHY the Merc have filled in the holes.....just so they comply with what Ferrari are saying limited illegality....so Merc KNOW they're pushing the bounderies and/or cheating

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    its a big worry, if they get him then enjoy another few years of merc domination
    Might as well rename the team "Screwederia Ferrari."

Disappointed Since 2010