Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    It is a standard pen.
    It is OK.
    Important thing is that mercs cant take the high ground when it comes to running into people
    wolf praises him as the ultimate wingman making sure lewy isnt crying about having to race competition
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    dont see why Bottas isnt given a grid drop didnt sergy or ericcson or someone get a grid drop next race for a real racing accident at baku
    Why punish a good lapdog who did good for his master? - FIA

What happened to Leclerc?
    Was it engine related as he was using the new 1?
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Schumacher knows Brundle inside out which is why he ignored him like a boss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaXlQi7Pjo
    Lol read the comments, good, he worships the rat too so no surprise he helps campaigning at everything to bring ferrari down
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

dont see why Bottas isnt given a grid drop didnt sergy or ericcson or someone get a grid drop next race for a real racing accident at baku
    That's what I was expecting but obviously this is mercs if it was another team, it could have been an easy grid drop even a race ban.
    Red is the only color!!!

What happened to Leclerc?
    Was it engine related as he was using the new 1?
    omg you right, i forgot about that, i hope not, the new engines barely made a different at all infact haas and sauber were worse off than last few races

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    That's what I was expecting but obviously this is mercs if it was another team, it could have been an easy grid drop even a race ban.
    i dont think they would give a race ban but pure crashing and having no actual penalty for both incidents, its easy to see they didnt punish him for smashing into seb only for the dani ric incident. very bias should be a grid drop next race for sure

Well this is not a power track.
    We did the same in Monaco with spec 2.
    In our hands it was a different beast.
    Anyways anyone know what happened to Leclerc?

omg you right, i forgot about that, i hope not, the new engines barely made a different at all infact haas and sauber were worse off than last few races
    But this was not a power track.
    Red is the only color!!!

It is a standard pen.
    It is OK.
    Important thing is that mercs cant take the high ground when it comes to running into people
    He has caused two collisions in two laps, he could've easily ended Seb's race. How is it a standard penalty?

Seb got 3 place grid drop for "impeding" Sainz, an incident which meant absolutely nothing at all.

It should've been a grid drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    good points, but Mercedes do have the better package in the wet it seems.
    I'm not being negative, but racing in the rain is also part of F1 and who knows how many more wet grand prix we could have.

it has to be taken seriously as an issue, cant afford "damage limitation" every future wet race second half of the season. we need every point

i dont think they would give a race ban but pure crashing and having no actual penalty for both incidents, its easy to see they didnt punish him for smashing into seb only for the dani ric incident. very bias should be a grid drop next race for sure
    Well it certainly is not if you care driving a Merc:)
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He has caused two collisions in two laps, he could've easily ended Seb's race. How is it a standard penalty?

Seb got 3 place grid drop for "impeding" Sainz, an incident which meant absolutely nothing at all.

It should've been a grid drop.
    Well Seb pen was at the back of paul ricard when he got off lightly.
    If Bottas makes another mistake this year I am sure he will be punished heavily

But this was not a power track.
    that's true but racefans site said it could be atleast few more HP, but they were not really quick at all in sector 1.

is there any rules for which engines teams can use at the hungary test? maybe they didnt use it yet

Well Seb pen was at the back of paul ricard when he got off lightly.
    If Bottas makes another mistake this year I am sure he will be punished heavily
    He should have been punished here really.
    Red is the only color!!!

Well it certainly is not if you care driving a Merc:)
    interesting tactics from FIA and mercs

that's true but racefans site said it could be atleast few more HP, but they were not really quick at all in sector 1.

is there any rules for which engines teams can use at the hungary test? maybe they didnt use it yet
    Well given they spent all race following other cars it is hard to gauge.
    Dry qualifying is the best gauge

Maybe they were running them in more conservative mode and playing it safe just to gain data from the new spec 3 engine.
    Red is the only color!!!

He should have been punished here really.
    Well Bottas incidents didn't affect anything here other than spoiling his race.
    Seb in France spoiled a possible podium place for Bottas

HAAS and Alfa used the new engine. That was done mainly to test for reliability and collect data. Since this was not an engine track, the fact that no significant advantage was seen is more than expected.

It's quite possible that the data collected will be used for tuning the engine further before used to our cars.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

im worried about seb's gearbox, he just got a new one, bottas went hard into the back of his car

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    HAAS and Alfa used the new engine. That was done mainly to test for reliability and collect data. Since this was not an engine track, the fact that no significant advantage was seen is more than expected.

It's quite possible that the data collected will be used for tuning the engine further before used to our cars.
    yes thats seems more likely.
    can ferrari run the spec 3 in the tests before summer break?or can only haas and sauber according to any rules?

Seb said they have some homework to do regarding pace in wet weather after quali yesterday so thats a good thing if they foccus on that for future races

He could have easily caused a puncture on Vettels car. I am glad that nothing happened, but incidents like these could potentially end a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    He could have easily caused a puncture on Vettels car. I am glad that nothing happened, but incidents like these could potentially end a race.
    But Vettel has to go for the overtake, he can't sit behind forever. I would prefer a driver who goes for overtakes rather than a driver who is scared of getting hit.

Don't blame Valtteri. He was given two orders prior to the race. Block for Lewis and if given the chance take out Seb. He succeeded with the first mission and failed (good for us) with the second one. He will obviously be verbally slapped around by Toto and Niki for failing to knock Seb out. That is punishment enough. He now has the chance to practice aiming in the simulator. The season will get even more dirty later on.

Most important thing with the result today is that Ferrari are still in the hunt, just 10 points behind. During this stretch of five races in six weeks Ferrari have outscored Merc by 7 points and two of them were on "special tyres". That's actually not a disaster. 17 points behind after Canada and now 10 points behind. There will be no demoralisation in the factory during the summer break.

The season and the championship are stil on. But the pitcrew, as Seb last week, how now filled their quota of errors. There is no room for more of them until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Don't blame Valtteri. He was given two orders prior to the race. Block for Lewis and if given the chance take out Seb.
    Don't be silly.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Don't be silly.
    What's silly about it? Driving in straight line in a corner when the driver that was behind at T1 clearly is infront prior to T2? Look where he ended up after the contact. But I don't fault him. I knew it was coming.

Everything.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Everything.
    Even the part blocking for Lewis?