Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 213233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

If we analyze the whole race simulation, we can see that, Leclerc, he shot at an average rate of 1: 22.278 while Bottas finished his race simulation with an average of 1: 22.511
    via FuAT
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    engine issue
    how do u know that? did ferrari confirm your theory??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Vettel crash clearer view of rim exploding or whatever

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...80909204705280
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Ferrari said it was a a little issue with the exhaust and not an empty tank test that made Leclerc stop on track.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    how do u know that? did ferrari confirm your theory??

Well, they saw smoke when he stopped. There were fire extinguishers when they hauled the car off (precautionary??? okay). Then smoke and alot of heat exiting from the hoist mount. (pics provided)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

engine issue
    engine issue not fuel related??, uggghhhhh nooooo
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Haas lost the entire afternoon having an exhaust issue, seems its something on the PU

Ferrari said it was a a little issue with the exhaust and not an empty tank test that made Leclerc stop on track.
    thats really bad, we still got gremlins only one day left

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    5 second over the course of a race distance is nothing.
    Enough to win though, or would you rather be 5 seconds behind.
    Forza Ferrari

Good day today?
    How many laps?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Imagine finding these small problems in TESTING...amazing really...
    Forza Ferrari

engine issue not fuel related??, uggghhhhh nooooo

Did you ever stop to think that these are the same components since day 1????? I have'nt seen anything of any components being changed out.....have you???

These components have racked up AAAAAALOT of km or miles. Bout time for one or two(guessing) components to be changed......no???

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Imagine finding these small problems in TESTING...amazing really...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Good day today?
    How many laps?

will post as soon as more info comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Very strong laptimes by Bottas. Leclerc not close on same tyres, work to do. Leclerc in 1.23s whereas Bottas hardly touched 1.23 during his long stint on C2, lots of work to do.
    This is a Ferrari forum, think the Merc forum is the other way

Scuderia Ferrari has confirmed that Charles Leclerc's stoppage on track was due to an issue with the exhausts.

Scuderia Ferrari has confirmed that Charles Leclerc's stoppage on track was due to an issue with the exhausts.
    At least it was 20 mins from the end and not at the start of the afternoon.

We still managed 130+ laps so good job today.

Seb's last day in the car tomorrow so he might go for a quick lap as well.

As the Mercs are splitting drivers, we should see their quick laps either side of lunch when both drivers are in

Did you ever stop to think that these are the same components since day 1????? I have'nt seen anything of any components being changed out.....have you???

These components have racked up AAAAAALOT of km or miles. Bout time for one or two(guessing) components to be changed......no???
    I don't think we really do know that, why would any team inform if they are using the same PU or not?
    I think putting new components for the second test and have the first ones teared apart and checked for excess wear, cracks, etc. is a possibility too.

We actually have a new exhaust in these 2nd tests.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I wish that we had a similar airbox to last year, could it be the exhaust needed a bit more cooling I could be completely wrong but unless we have improved the cooling packaging it's only thing I can think which maybe affecting. Does anyone know if we have completely redesigned the internal layouts Vs last year i.e mguh mguk radiators etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's a new configuration and yes new exhaust. Maybe we need to go back to the 3 stack method in the first tests-->"If it ain't broke,...." in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We have the same exhaust. In the 2nd test we incorporated single wastegate on top of the exhaust instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ignorant.
    So the car just broke after all.

how did you know!!! lucky guess??? albeit not from a rim but it looks like an engine issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0ghvGJX4AArNfz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0ghvF-X4AAqquo.jpg

I just assumed, didn't know for sure. I consider Ferrari crew serious people, not trolls to stop and block the testing just to keep some irrelevant testing record. I didn't want to suggest that it was the same issue like the rim yesterday, just that for some reason, the car stopped working properly like it happened yesterday. Good thing that it happened near the end of the day and the team managed to finish most of the planned testing for today.

It's sad to see F1 media gobbled up Toto/Mercedes propaganda. Here's an example: https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/...medium=twitter

I mean really!? Yes, we are in a strong position and maybe our car is the fastest. But how about we see at least one race weekend before putting Mercedes 0.5sec behind Ferrari.

Wolff tells us: "Leclerc did less power on his 1.16.2 lap in the morning than in the laps before, when he was slower." That leaves only the conclusion that Ferrari had the best time of the day.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rari-mercedes/

n Barcelona, ​​on the penultimate day of the test, the first duel between Ferrari and Mercedes took place. Valtteri Bottas competed against Charles Leclerc in a racing simulation. Ferrari would have won the race by 5 seconds.

28.02.2019MICHAEL SCHMIDT
    In the Kaffeesatzleserei in the test drives of Formula 1 in Barcelona comes slowly light. On the afternoon of the seventh day of the test, Ferrari and Mercedes competed against each other for the first time. The program included a racing simulation. Valtteri Bottas started right after 2 pm with his silver arrow. For the Mercedes, this is the best time of day, because in the afternoon sun, the danger is the least, that the tires graining.

Ferrari sent Charles Leclerc 50 minutes later on the track. From the temperatures, the two longruns were so good to compare. Not from the tire sequence. Mercedes tried to stay as close to reality as possible. Bottas started with the soft C3 tire and drove the next two stints on the harder C2 mixture.

Leclerc was consistently on the C2 tires on the way. What was an advantage in the first stint, of course, because the high fuel weight does more damage to the softer tires than the hard rubber. Bottas therefore deliberately approached the matter carefully. His first flying lap was 1.22.8 minutes. Leclerc drove the harder soles 1.22.7 minutes. The C2 tire does not need to be petted at the beginning of a longer distance.

Charles Leclerc - Ferrari - Barcelona - F1 test - February 28, 2019 PHOTO: STEFAN BALDAUF
    Leclerc always drove the C2 tire in his racing simulation.
    We still have to live with two unknowns. "We do not know how much fuel Ferrari went into the race. It may have been 100 kilograms, but also 120. The larger tanks allow more flexibility and thus a larger source of error, "warns Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff in the analysis.

Also, the selected engine program can bring distortions with it. Of course the teams are better informed than we are. Their simulations highly estimate based on top speeds, acceleration data and rear wing position in which mode the engine was likely to be.

Wolff tells us: "Leclerc did less power on his 1.16.2 lap in the morning than in the laps before, when he was slower." That leaves only the conclusion that Ferrari had the best time of the day.

It's sad to see F1 media gobbled up Toto/Mercedes propaganda. Here's an example: https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/...medium=twitter

I mean really!? Yes, we are in a strong position and maybe our car is the fastest. But how about we see at least one race weekend before putting Mercedes 0.5sec behind Ferrari.
    as much as i'd LOVE for it to be true....(and maybe it is,who knows) about us being HALF a second ahead of Mercedes.......i cannot believe Merc and that Totto "ship skinned wolf" for one second of what he says about his team being behind....i can't "trust him as far as i can throw him"....time will tell and we'll find out where we stand come Q3 in OZ....everything until then is just pure speculation...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

First GP simulation with Ferrari for Leclerc

Montmelò, 28 February 2019 – For the third day of Test 2 at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit, Charles Leclerc was at the wheel of the SF90 for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow. The Monegasque driver completed the planned programme, which consisted mainly of simulating key phases of a race weekend. Charles did a total of 138 laps.

Simulation work. Leclerc got down to work shortly after 9, trying various set-ups, before pitting to prepare for the simulation work. Before lunch, the SF90 was fitted with the soft compound tyres and Charles set his best time of 1’16”231.

Grand Prix. Having done 56 laps in the morning, the team then began a race simulation in the afternoon. Charles took off from the starting place at the end of the pit lane and the full race distance went off without a hitch, with the mechanics getting in some pit stop practice. The car then pitted for routine checks, before getting on with the programme.

Profitable day. Shortly before the chequered flag to end the day, a small issue on one exhaust meant Charles had to park at the side of the track at Turn 9, but overall it had been a profitable day. “It didn’t look as though today would be easy, given that we had to make up for yesterday’s lost time, but we got it done and that was very positive, especially as this was my last day in the car before Australia,” commented Charles. “I am very happy because we worked really well. It’s been an encouraging start to the season and I feel about ready. Now, I can’t wait to take part in my first real Grand Prix with Ferrari.”

Building confidence. Leclerc also talked to the media during the lunch break and gave an overview of the tests. “The SF90 is solid and the balance is good and consistent,” he said. “That’s been the clear impression right from the first day and it hasn’t changed. I’ve still got a lot to learn, but up until now, I can say I’m satisfied. My lap time? Of course it’s nice to top the time sheet, but it doesn’t mean anything. What matters is that, lap after lap, I am getting more and more dialled in to this car”.

Vettel tomorrow. For tomorrow’s final day of testing prior to the Australian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel will be once again at the wheel of the SF90.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ignorant.
    Careful

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE