Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2019 Race

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Year 2007 Rookie Lewis vs Goat Alonso
    Elaborate? They did tie on points after all. Michael is also the Goat after all

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Few of them forgot Lewis vs JB....
    That 2011 season was him in full Kimi-esque-panic-mode

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    No, according to some gents here Hammy can win all races every season so long as they perceive everything to be safe Even to the point the ad hominem a fellow Tifoso for disagreeing with them on a SC call. Depressing.
    Was a VSC because marshalls needed to enter the circuit to remove the car, that's the standard. It's not the first or last time it will happen so maybe you should just get used to it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Was a VSC because marshalls needed to enter the circuit to remove the car, that's the standard. It's not the first or last time it will happen so maybe you should just get used to it.
    Once again. No marshals entered the circuit since they were 20 metres off the white line. Period. Go and enjoy "safety" being upheld instead of arguing with me. That way, everyone can feel like they won the race and we can enjoy another fluke Hammy win. Happy days Hell, let's give the winners' trophy to FIA every weekend for "keeping us safe".

Once again. No marshals entered the circuit since they were 20 metres off the white line. Period. Go and enjoy "safety" being upheld instead of arguing with me. That way, everyone can feel like they won the race. Happy days
    The live circuit is not defined by white lines, they entered a live circuit where cars are racing and can come into contact with them, if you really can't understand that then I actually feel embarrassed for you. Why don't you go stand at the edge of the white line at some corners if you feel that is something safe...seriously you have no idea.
    Forza Ferrari

The live circuit is not defined by white lines, they entered a live circuit where cars are racing and can come into contact with them, if you really can't understand that then I actually feel embarrassed for you. Why don't you go stand at the edge of the white line at some corners if you feel that is something safe...seriously you have no idea.
    ... but you won today since "safety" won. Why are you still so angry? Ferrari got a win stolen from them but you won. Congratulations. Everyone's safe so let's sing and dance in a circle and pretend there's no corruption at the FIA at all

Once again. No marshals entered the circuit since they were 20 metres off the white line. Period. Go and enjoy "safety" being upheld instead of arguing with me. That way, everyone can feel like they won the race and we can enjoy another fluke Hammy win. Happy days Hell, let's give the winners' trophy to FIA every weekend for "keeping us safe".
    Tifoso, you mix "circuit"and "race track" - circuit is bigger, includes track and run off areas.

... but you won today since "safety" won. Why are you still so angry? Ferrari got a win stolen from them but you won. Congratulations. Everyone's safe so let's sing and dance in a circle and pretend there's no corruption at the FIA at all
    Why did you not complain about the other SC periods in the race?
    Forza Ferrari

Why did you not complain about the other SC periods in the race?
    The one at the start was a bit dubious if there was no debris on track, but at the same time that was in a faster part so a VSC would've been possible. Full-course yellow was not necessary, just like local yellow was enough for Vettel's parking.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Tifoso, you mix "circuit"and "race track" - circuit is bigger, includes track and run off areas.
    "Svedese" does great for me, mate

I really REALLYA hate races like today's!!!!
    Not only for the bad lack that led us to lose the win and the 1-2 BUT mostly that it making us fighting each other (Vet vs Lec) and Merc sitting in a corner and laughing with us !!!!! And the really bad thing is that we dont fight only the guns but there is a tension between the drivers also and this makes me sad !!!! This year is proving to be one of the worst . Even we have so terrible races and being destroyed from our competitors, or when we are competitive and probably faster something happens and we lose or if we win there is tension between the drivers and their funs!!!!!
    Let this year end and till then just learn us much as we can and try to built a winning car for next year.Aahh and please stop fighting!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The one at the start was a bit dubious if there was no debris on track, but at the same time that was in a faster part so a VSC would've been possible. Full-course yellow was not necessary, just like local yellow was enough for Vettel's parking.
    But you had no complaints? You clearly have no respect for the marshalls who volunteer to make racing happen which is rather disgusting.
    Forza Ferrari

But you had no complaints? You clearly have no respect for the marshalls who volunteer to make racing happen which is rather disgusting.
    How about paying the marshals €2,000 apiece then? Now that there are no grid girls anymore it should be affordable to everyone. That way they're paid professionals just like our first responders.

How about paying the marshals €2,000 apiece then? Now that there are no grid girls anymore it should be affordable to everyone. That way they're paid professionals just like our first responders.
    So you value their life at 2000, even more disgusting.
    Forza Ferrari

So you value their life at 2000, even more disgusting.
    They wouldn't have gotten killed and I think they should be paid.

They wouldn't have gotten killed and I think they should be paid.

Forza Ferrari

So, after seeing Binotto's interview, Charles's interview in top 3 press conference, and Vettel's interview after his DNF, here's my conclusion:

Before the race both driver agreed to the following strategy: Charles will give Vettel the slipstream and not defend his position, which will allow Vettel to stay ahead of Hamilton. In turn, Vettel was supposed to give the position back to Charles, which will allow him to lead race in clean air.
    Instead, after getting the tow and no defense whatsoever from Charles, Vettel kept delaying the planned swap ("give me 2 more laps") and was pushing hard to open a gap to Charles, who was on his dirty air. After the first 15 laps, the gap was only 1.6 seconds. After that Vettel was pushing like a madman, and Leclerc was 3+ seconds behind and couldn't close the gap without ruining his tyres. As Charles said, at that time he was more focused on keeping the gap to Hamilton, because he knew even if he closed the gap to Vettel, he wouldn't let him pass.

So, Ferrari set a strategy and Vettel, after benefited from it refused to play the game. At the start there was no aggression from Charles, he didn't cover his inside line like Bottas did a year ago, instead he kept his line and didn't defend when Vettel was alongside him.

Ironically,at the last race, after clearly benefited from the undercut strategy and no swap position from Ferrari, Vettel kept saying in the press conference that "nobody is bigger than the team". But today, he disregarded the strategy and only cared about his own race. He worked around it to try to stay ahead of Charles.

Edit: I also laughed when Vettel said on the radio "tell him to catch up", when the gap was only 1.3 seconds. Shows what a great team player he really is.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 29th September 2019 at 16:13.

I'm beginning to dislike both of our drivers. One for carrying some of the baddest karma a person can get and the other one for whining too much over the phone.

Do you blame leclerc for whining though?
    He sacrificed the lead so that vettel would 100% be ahead of Hamilton and secure a ferrari 1 and 2. Vettel then goes back on the agreement of swapping positions
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So, after seeing Binotto's interview, Charles's interview in top 3 press conference, and Vettel's interview after his DNF, here's my conclusion:

Before the race both driver agreed to the following strategy: Charles will give Vettel the slipstream and not defend his position, which will allow Vettel to stay ahead of Hamilton. In turn, Vettel was supposed to give the position back to Charles, which will allow him to lead race in clean air.
    Instead, after getting the tow and no defense whatsoever from Charles, Vettel kept delaying the planned swap ("give me 2 more laps") and was pushing hard to open a gap to Charles, who was on his dirty air. After the first 15 laps, the gap was only 1.6 seconds. After that Vettel was pushing like a madman, and Leclerc was 3+ seconds behind and couldn't close the gap without ruining his tyres. As Charles said, at that time he was more focused on keeping the gap to Hamilton, because he knew even if he closed the gap to Vettel, he wouldn't let him pass.

So, Ferrari set a strategy and Vettel, after benefited from it refused to play the game. At the start there was no aggression from Charles, he didn't cover his inside line like Bottas did a year ago, instead he kept his line and didn't defend when Vettel was alongside him.

Ironically,at the last race, after clearly benefited from the undercut strategy and no swap position from Ferrari, Vettel kept saying in the press conference that "nobody is bigger than the team". But today, he disregarded the strategy and only cared about his own race. He worked around it to try to stay ahead of Charles.

Edit: I also laughed when Vettel said on the radio "tell him to catch up", when the gap was only 1.3 seconds. Shows what a great team player he really is.
    Ofcourse you did your study. Binotto couldn't even explain why was it necessary to pit vettel that late? Fear of SC? Then protect the 1-2 and keep them going even with Hamilton catching he wasn't going to take either one with the undercut. 15 laps 1.4seconds? Vettel didn't push like a madman him and Hamilton were trading best sectors every lap. Leclerc didn't have it in him because of his car being a bit over the edge suited for qualy. Get your Charles goggles off. You are in for a few surprises till the end of the season and if this line up sticks mark my words cl is going to get an ass whooping soon even with that talent of his.

I guess Seb was quite ****** off after Monza quali farce lol and wanted to teach Charles a lesson. He obviously states that nobody is bigger than Ferrari but only when it suits him. On the other hand Charles won't yield / take too crap from Binotto because he knows very well that if he does it he'll become the next generation butler in no time.

It's gonna be interesting with these 2 in the next races and next season if the car is gonna be top notch.

Lec should've hurried the pace in pursuit of Vet, forcing the overtake. Instead, he fell behind and wasn't even within DRS range. This team isn't really working as it should.

There should be more talk and focus on Ferrari's reliability issues rather than discussing, page after page, how Merc lucked in with the VSC/SC (Seb and Russell). Truth is, Merc is also responsbile for that luck to some degree as they picked the correct tyre to start on. That was the first mistake Ferrari did by not going for the same strategy in Q2. SCs/VSCs are most common just after the start and then in the second half of races, statistically. You're the most vulnerable of a SC if you're on the softer tyre compared to your rivals and if you stop let's say 15-20 laps earlier. Even if Seb's PU would break down, no matter the strategy, then Charles would probably have won the race on the same strategy as Merc. But again, mistakes like that can be ironed out but the real worry is the reliability.

As for the VSC/SC, they will always be brought out nowdays if cars are stopped in a straight line from the racing line prior to the corner. It's a zero tolerance nowdays. Like it or hate it, that's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I guess Seb was quite ****** off after Monza quali farce lol and wanted to teach Charles a lesson. He obviously states that nobody is bigger than Ferrari but only when it suits him. On the other hand Charles won't yield / take too crap from Binotto because he knows very well that if he does it he'll become the next generation butler in no time.

It's gonna be interesting with these 2 in the next races and next season if the car is gonna be top notch.
    My 2 cents to.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Lec should've hurried the pace in pursuit of Vet, forcing the overtake. Instead, he fell behind and wasn't even within DRS range. This team isn't really working as it should.
    But he didn’t have the pace to keep in with vettel on Softs especially. His pace was good on Mediums, but to judge it clearly vettel got DNF.

I think there should be talk clearly within the team & drivers before the race. When it’s 1-2, whoever have the better race pace will get the better race strategy that’s it. Whether it’s Lec or vettel whoever it is I don’t care. Just bring home the same 1-2 that’s it. Rather than expressing it on radio & other not obeying the orders clearly. This doesn’t work out for long run.
    Mattia done excellent job till now, but it’s reaching high time now to focus on driver relationship too.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But he didn’t have the pace to keep in with vettel on Softs especially. His pace was good on Mediums, but to judge it clearly vettel got DNF.

I think there should be talk clearly within the team & drivers before the race. When it’s 1-2, whoever have the better race pace will get the better race strategy that’s it. Whether it’s Lec or vettel whoever it is I don’t care. Just bring home the same 1-2 that’s it. Rather than expressing it on radio & other not obeying the orders clearly. This doesn’t work out for long run.
    Mattia done excellent job till now, but it’s reaching high time now to focus on driver relationship too.
    +1, and I wish all these strategy plans weren't being aired over the radio because it's causing a lot of friction between the drivers and tifosi over who deserves to be given the best shot in the race, which then gets amplified by the media and makes the team look like they're in crisis mode. Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Ofcourse you did your study. Binotto couldn't even explain why was it necessary to pit vettel that late? Fear of SC? Then protect the 1-2 and keep them going even with Hamilton catching he wasn't going to take either one with the undercut. 15 laps 1.4seconds? Vettel didn't push like a madman him and Hamilton were trading best sectors every lap. Leclerc didn't have it in him because of his car being a bit over the edge suited for qualy. Get your Charles goggles off. You are in for a few surprises till the end of the season and if this line up sticks mark my words cl is going to get an ass whooping soon even with that talent of his.
    Yeah, dude stay mad.
    Charles 215 points and P3 in the championship, Vettel 194, pretty clear to see who's getting his rare end handed to him.

I guess Charles learned a valuable lesson today, he simply can't trust Seb "multi 21" Vettel.

Marshals are all highly trained volunteers. They all get free tickets, vouchers towards food and accommodation. Most camp. F1 marshals are hand picked by FIA due to their track record in national race series. Or previous F1 history.

Now you want pay them, 2000 euros? There is I think, around 630-700 marshals at any race weekend. Now do the maths. That's well over 1 million euros there. The tracks already have to pay out for hosting fee, hence why food outlets and tickets are high so they can try to break even or hell make a profit.

Also, you start paying the Marshals F1 weekend, then the marshals who do the national championships wether cars or bikes will all demand to be paid. And a lot of those series or even track days cannt, will not be able to afford it. Then, that series or whatever would have to stop running.

Marshals all do it for the love of it. And should have the up most respect aswell for what they do. Without them, we cannt go racing.
    Last edited by Rob; 29th September 2019 at 17:18.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    What's the point. It's not like Vettel would have let him get by while ignoring multiple team order.

My point is, if they had an agreement about the start, then follow that agreement. Leclerc did his part, he didn't defend against Vettel at the start. The goal was to beat Hamilton at the start, which they did, and after that swap the positions and go back to racing.

On to Japan. Charles’ third place is his ninth podium finish of the season, the team’s sixteenth. He picked up 15 points today, which puts him ahead of Max Verstappen in third place in the championship, with a total of 215. Scuderia Ferrari is still second in the Constructors’, behind Mercedes and ahead of Red Bull. The next round, the 17th of the season, takes place on 13 October in Japan.

Charles Leclerc #16
    “It was a tricky race. I think that we had a good strategy to give us the best result as a team. At the start of the race, I gave Sebastian a tow so that we could race at the front and get ahead of our competitors together.

Then, after the safety car, things became a bit more complicated and we aimed to find the right timing to swap positions, which we did when Seb pitted. Unfortunately, there was an issue on Seb’s car and he had to end the race early. From that point on it just didn’t go our way anymore and it was not possible for me to overtake the two cars in front.

After we had such a strong weekend, ending the race with one car in P3 and the other retired is not the best feeling. But we are confident of our potential and will head into the next races with determination and give our all to bring home the best possible results.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “Today, we are very disheartened. We wanted to finish first and second, but all we got was a third place. It’s not the result we were hoping for. I got a good start and the first stint was pretty quick which allowed me to open up quite a gap.

After the pit stop, I rejoined in second place but shortly afterwards the team asked me to stop the car because there was a problem with a hybrid component on my Power Unit. I hope the engine will be okay for the coming races.

It has definitely been not our day today.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “We are disappointed because we did not do a perfect job today. To win, you need reliability and today we didn’t have it. Unfortunately, it’s not the first time this season that’s been the case.

Before the race, as always, we spoke with the drivers and we asked Charles to give Seb a tow, because that would be the best way for him to get ahead of Hamilton and for the two of them to be first and second come the end of the opening lap. In fact, Seb got a fantastic start, which allowed him to pass Hamilton even before the entry to the corner.
    Seb was very quick today and I am very happy with the way he drove. I have said it many times before, his strong point is the race and he proved that, running at a great pace. It was a real shame we had to tell him to stop. We asked him to park the car at that point for safety reasons, which obviously takes precedence over everything else.
    It’s not the result we were hoping for, but after today, we are even more prepared for the fight. Our car is strong, as is the team and we are ready to give our all in the coming races.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE