Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Stroll and Perez are no rookies, so Seb and Charles has mission impossible tomorrow, so P5 and P6 is best what we can get.
    That is if our drivers don't take each other in the first corner.

I think I’ll skip the race and possibly the rest of the season as well. This is too depressing. Mercedes it way too strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to stop complaining about Italians running an Italian team. The real problem is Mercedes and the FIA. No one can get near that rocketship. Isn’t it funny how not one team complains about their dominance? Every one needs to ask themselves why is F1 as a whole is complacent with Mercedes dominance. There are things behind the scenes going on that we will never understand. I refuse to believe that Ferrari and RedBull are willfully sitting back and letting this happen.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I think Ferrari can get one driver out of Q1 in Monza if they try real hard.

Just like they did in previous years. As soon as someone got close, then just turned it up a bit more and sailed off into the distance.

If you think by some magic 2022+ will be any different, I doubt it. Not with the current culture at Ferrari.
    I think the interess in this, once called, F1 racing, will juat decline. For example myself, yeara ago I could not image miss even Friday practice. Now I don't bother watching races!

Yep, it's not just Ferrari. RB are nowhere either, clearly something is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Everyone needs to stop complaining about Italians running an Italian team. The real problem is Mercedes and the FIA. No one can get near that rocketship. Isn’t it funny how not one team complains about their dominance? Every one needs to ask themselves why is F1 as a whole is complacent with Mercedes dominance. There are things behind the scenes going on that we will never understand. I refuse to believe that Ferrari and RedBull are willfully sitting back and letting this happen.
    And remember the early 2000s. FIA did everything to slow down Ferrari to "make the sport more interesting". Now nobody is bothered by this dominance and nothing is happening.

First 7 laps of the F2 Feature Race is already serving more action than I think we’ll see in tomorrow’s Formula Merc GP.

Not a bad result today, only beaten by the 4 Mercedes cars.
    We were the best of the rest. Not exactly winning, but much better than what we went through in Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    And remember the early 2000s. FIA did everything to slow down Ferrari to "make the sport more interesting". Now nobody is bothered by this dominance and nothing is happening.
    2000 was the climb to the top, there were challengers in 2001-2002, 2003 was close, and the F2004 was not this ahead of the field but the powers-that-be decided that was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I think Ferrari can get one driver out of Q1 in Monza if they try real hard.

Just like they did in previous years. As soon as someone got close, then just turned it up a bit more and sailed off into the distance.

If you think by some magic 2022+ will be any different, I doubt it. Not with the current culture at Ferrari.
    I have been saying this for years. In this hybrid engine's area, mercs have been toying with everyone. They have so much in reserve, if someone gets close, they turn the engine up a bit more to get that pole. Honestly, no team can challenge until they get rid of these engines.
    Red is the only color!!!

I think I’ll skip the race and possibly the rest of the season as well. This is too depressing. Mercedes it way too strong.

I have stopped watching qualifying and races since mid last year. It's so obvious and predictable as to who will win the race really. I have been following and reading fellow forum members comments in here.
    Red is the only color!!!

There are no more words left.Fi is a political disaster not waiting to happen but has happened.The FIA mercedes and racing point can keep it.More teams will be wondering if this circus is really worth the entry fee.seriously mercedes must find this boring week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ferrari F1, not the whole Ferrari factory, needs diversity. Along with this diversity of people comes a change in the political structure as well.

F1, since 2014, is not the same F1 of years past.

Today, currently, it's about fuel economy, budgets, technological advancement, rules, token systems, engine freezes, more rules, and a totally different car, etc.

Before 2014 and into the 80's and 90's into the 2000's, it was more of an even playing field with the ICE, rules, unlimited testing, etc.

F1 is changing and some or most don't like it. I personally don't like it....but I'm not gonna fight it.....and IMO niether is Ferrari F1. Ferrari F1 will continually "go with flow" of F1 but it will not change it....just like it won't change it's F1 "all-Italian" or nothing ethos.

So, with not changing anything in F1 or Ferrari F1's structure.......it becomes complacent....Ferrari F1 does'nt innovate anymore.....it follows or gets left behind.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Hamilton's pole lap onboard: https://streamable.com/ij3fri

Those of you who think it's all because of the engine and politics, just watch it. That car even with the current Ferrari engine will be on pole. The car looks so smooth and the amount of confidence it's giving to Hamilton, it doesn't look like a pole lap but looks more like a Sunday drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Hamilton's pole lap onboard: [video]https://streamable.com/ij3fri[/url]

Those of you who think it's all because of the engine and politics, just watch it. That car even with the current Ferrari engine will be on pole. The car looks so smooth and the amount of confidence it's giving to Hamilton, it doesn't look like a pole lap but looks more like a Sunday drive.
    Mercedes could have used the W10(2019) and stll got pole at this track........SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes could have used the W10(2019) and stll got pole at this track........SMH.
    I think you’ll find that the W10 is competing in 2020, and the only thing that beat it in Q today was the W11.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They are using it right ??? W10= pink Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    I think you’ll find that the W10 is competing in 2020, and the only thing that beat it in Q today was the W11.
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    They are using it right ??? W10= pink Mercedes
    +1

Because that was a German, now it's a Brit everything is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Because that was a German, now it's a Brit everything is alright.
    Nah it's a German team whilst Ferrari are Italian. Look how they are in the EU, Krauts are a conniving, invsidious bunch.

1000% sure that that Mercedes is NOT legal, plus it smokes so burns oil again for power only in the opening laps it's said to produce 1000bhp in Austria 2nd race.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

This sport has become such a joke...Its not even a sport anymore actually, its all mercedes and the others are there just to make the number. Hamilton is happy to have 90 poles and can't believe it?!?! well good for him, in a competion where there is only two potential winners. At least when Vettel got most of his pole positions at redbull there was some competition...
    Anyways if nothing happens this year regarding mercedes and racing point performances, especially after last year controversy surrounding our engine, then i'll definitely stop watching this mascarade...
    Good performance feom the team today, lets hope they can keep this momentum tomorrow during the race.
    Forza Ferrari.

An absolute disgrace to treat a 4 time world champion like this, the only one who even remotely taken the fight to Lewis for WDC and Mercedes from 2014 on!!!
    To treat him like cant believe it, Binotto you should be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpcM9z1_Fw

Quote Originally Posted by mike38mike View Post
    This sport has become such a joke...Its not even a sport anymore actually, its all mercedes and the others are there just to make the number. Hamilton is happy to have 90 poles and can't believe it?!?! well good for him, in a competion where there is only two potential winners. At least when Vettel got most of his pole positions at redbull there was some competition...
    Anyways if nothing happens this year regarding mercedes and racing point performances, especially after last year controversy surrounding our engine, then i'll definitely stop watching this mascarade...
    Good performance feom the team today, lets hope they can keep this momentum tomorrow during the race.
    Forza Ferrari.
    Agreed, it will be a major boost if the team can turn their starting positions into a decent point-scoring result, but I can't help thinking that even if there are developments afoot for Silverstone, we don't have a hope in hell of challenging for victories, and Spa and Monza will be a nightmare. Alfa and Haas must be due refunds for using our engine, I don't remember a time when our ICE was so weak. It's embarrassing for the team and painful for the drivers and tifosi but we'll still watch as long as our cars are on track and not assaulting each other.

Seems M-S is better strategy, although loosing a position at the start can take it.
    Those mediums getting to temp working window is a big task tomorrow under these conditions. Let’s see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    An absolute disgrace to treat a 4 time world champion like this, the only one who even remotely taken the fight to Lewis for WDC and Mercedes from 2014 on!!!
    To treat him like cant believe it, Binotto you should be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpcM9z1_Fw
    I think it’s better you stop these postings. It’s over now, Nothing can’t get back. Accept what it is & Move on.
    Hope he find another good team. That’s all we can pray for at the end.

Qualifying proves it is all engine modes that is our deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    1000% sure that that Mercedes is NOT legal, plus it smokes so burns oil again for power only in the opening laps it's said to produce 1000bhp in Austria 2nd race.
    I have never seen a car that has been so dominant over every car, keep improving at such massive rates over the competition. Mercedes powered cars seem to have all improved, which suggests a better power unit. Aside from 2019, it's safe to say Mercedes have held a significant advantage in power over everyone since 2014. In 7 years the great brains at Renault, Honda, and Ferrari can't figure out how to be at least close to Mercedes without cheating?

Red Bull proved to be miles ahead of everyone from 2010 to 2013, and they can't develop a car to compete with Mercedes in 7 years?

Makes you wonder if Formula 1 is just about who is willing to pay off the FIA the most. The world is extremely corrupt, it'd be naive to think it doesn't happen in F1 or sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    How? Hungary is not a power sensitive track and we are losing time in each sector the merc is both aerodynamically efficient and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    My take is a bit different. Qualifying proves that, with last years engine we will be beating last years Mercedes. But this years Mercedes, even with last years engine, is out of our reach. The current Mercedes is an all rounder, it's the best car in pretty much every department.